The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

MSP said:
aRRY ON tALKSPORT 2 DAYS AGO:

When asked about Spurs current form....

“I think people forget where Tottenham should be at times. They’ve got two Carling Cup wins since 1991, and the average finishing position – up until about four or five years ago - is probably about 10th. You can get carried away with where you should be and who you are really.”

"I even got Champions League one season, something they'd never had! That was their highest finish for nearly 20 years! When I went there they had 2 points from 8 games and the squad was the biggest mess you'd ever seen. Absolutely all over the place. We got 7th that season and I've left them with the strongest squad in the league, outside of Manchester."

Fairplay to the twitcher, he's just telling the fans to know their place.

GHoddle said:
MSP said:
Spurs fans are mad about these quotes on their forums..
I want him to leave the club asap, would even advocate sacking him tomorrow and getting a caretaker in for the remainder because we are going nowhere fast with Redknapp. "2 points from 8 games" yet he has racked up 6 in the last 8 games with a far superior squad, culminating with an epic defeat. Fuck him, hope he fucks off although I can't see the FA hiring him now.

I hate Redtwat as much as the next man, but in fairness to him, you're team was an absolute shambles before he took over.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:13 am --<br /><br />
Blue2112 said:
MSP said:
aRRY ON tALKSPORT 2 DAYS AGO:

When asked about Spurs current form....

“I think people forget where Tottenham should be at times. They’ve got two Carling Cup wins since 1991, and the average finishing position – up until about four or five years ago - is probably about 10th. You can get carried away with where you should be and who you are really.”

"I even got Champions League one season, something they'd never had! That was their highest finish for nearly 20 years! When I went there they had 2 points from 8 games and the squad was the biggest mess you'd ever seen. Absolutely all over the place. We got 7th that season and I've left them with the strongest squad in the league, outside of Manchester."

Did he really say this? Very strange that he chooses to talk about his team as 'them' and that last bit about leaving them with a strong squad sounds as though he's already gone. Whats that all about?

That more or less confirms what one of those journos was saying on the Supplement on Sunday morning. The FA will announce his appointment some time this week...

CTID86 said:
GHoddle said:
MSP said:
Spurs fans are mad about these quotes on their forums..
I want him to leave the club asap, would even advocate sacking him tomorrow and getting a caretaker in for the remainder because we are going nowhere fast with Redknapp. "2 points from 8 games" yet he has racked up 6 in the last 8 games with a far superior squad, culminating with an epic defeat. Fuck him, hope he fucks off although I can't see the FA hiring him now.

I hate Redtwat as much as the next man, but in fairness to him, you're team was an absolute shambles before he took over.

Because Ramos was a disaster. That has nothing to do with Harry. Ramos was fired for 2 points in 8 games, Harry has 6 points in 8 games with a far better team. Jol had a far inferior team up to 5th in the league and would have been 4th if not for Lasagnagate. Ramos at least won us a trophy, and didn't insult the fans.

The guy is fucking clueless, if he is appointed England manager you will see this summer in the first game against France. Not kidding, big disaster pending. We never beat the top teams, and we also never win by 3 or more goals. I noticed you guys have done so 19 times in the last 2 seasons, we've won a game by 3 goals or more only 3 times in the past 2 seasons, and once was against Bolton with 10 men and another against Liverpool with 9 men. Sunderland, Newcastle, Bolton, West Brom, and Fulham have done so more than us. Because we have no fucking organization because Redknapp doesn't "do tactics." Good luck in international football, I just hope he fucks off and leaves the club asap.

We all know that Levy would pull the trigger instantly if he wasn't waiting for England to pay compensation. He's not our manager next season whether England hires him or not.

There has never been a love affair with Redknapp and the Spurs fans. Not like say a Rafa and Liverpool, Newcastle and Keegan, or even City with Keegan.

It reminds me of Fergie at United, he doesn't care what the fans say, or want, he just does his own thing. He's not there to please them at all.

Redknapp has had a pop at the fans prior to being at Spurs, and even now when he's at Spurs. A lot of it stemmed from Spurs fans giving Campbell stick when he was at Pompey.

If he does leave (not sure if it's 100% confirmed yet) then he'll be remembered highly, considering where we were when he tookover. He has done a great job really, but not taking the blame when it goes pear shaped is pretty weak.

Most people had written us off at the start of the season, the bookies and most pundits had us down to finish 6th. Liverpool were 9-1 to win the title, you could get well over 100-1 on Spurs, and even 40-1 to finish in the top 4, but due to the circumstances at the moment it will be disappointing not to finish in the top 4. I would have taken 5th at the start of the season, but even 5th will feel like a bit of a let down. I guess some of you know what I may mean, you may have taken second at the start of the season but will feel disappointed with finishing there if you do.

I have no clue who will takeover, I've always heard it would be Klinsmann, but he has denied this on numerous occasions

Crouchinho said:
There has never been a love affair with Redknapp and the Spurs fans. Not like say a Rafa and Liverpool, Newcastle and Keegan, or even City with Keegan.

It reminds me of Fergie at United, he doesn't care what the fans say, or want, he just does his own thing. He's not there to please them at all.

Redknapp has had a pop at the fans prior to being at Spurs, and even now when he's at Spurs. A lot of it stemmed from Spurs fans giving Campbell stick when he was at Pompey.

If he does leave (not sure if it's 100% confirmed yet) then he'll be remembered highly, considering where we were when he tookover. He has done a great job really, but not taking the blame when it goes pear shaped is pretty weak.

Most people had written us off at the start of the season, the bookies and most pundits had us down to finish 6th. Liverpool were 9-1 to win the title, you could get well over 100-1 on Spurs, and even 40-1 to finish in the top 4, but due to the circumstances at the moment it will be disappointing not to finish in the top 4. I would have taken 5th at the start of the season, but even 5th will feel like a bit of a let down. I guess some of you know what I may mean, you may have taken second at the start of the season but will feel disappointed with finishing there if you do.

I have no clue who will takeover, I've always heard it would be Klinsmann, but he has denied this on numerous occasions

Considering for some time this season you were seen as genuine title contenders, it must be extremely concerning that a top four finish may be beyond you and it's possible you could end up in sixth spot unless your current form dramatically improves
I've said many times that I don't like Redknapp. I think he's blagged his way through a management career, left every club he's managed in a total shambles (the exception will be Tottenham) and I truly hope the FA do not appoint him as the national coach. How can they when the guy openly admits he's no tactician, can't write or even send a fackin text

Castiel said:
House of cards tumbling down so soon?

They haven't hit the ground just yet though, may as well stay positive. It's not over till the fat lady sings, or the ball crosses the line- ah no nevermind that one.

GHoddle said:
CTID86 said:
GHoddle said:

I hate Redtwat as much as the next man, but in fairness to him, you're team was an absolute shambles before he took over.

Because Ramos was a disaster. That has nothing to do with Harry. Ramos was fired for 2 points in 8 games, Harry has 6 points in 8 games with a far better team. Jol had a far inferior team up to 5th in the league and would have been 4th if not for Lasagnagate. Ramos at least won us a trophy, and didn't insult the fans.

The guy is fucking clueless, if he is appointed England manager you will see this summer in the first game against France. Not kidding, big disaster pending. We never beat the top teams, and we also never win by 3 or more goals. I noticed you guys have done so 19 times in the last 2 seasons, we've won a game by 3 goals or more only 3 times in the past 2 seasons, and once was against Bolton with 10 men and another against Liverpool with 9 men. Sunderland, Newcastle, Bolton, West Brom, and Fulham have done so more than us. Because we have no fucking organization because Redknapp doesn't "do tactics." Good luck in international football, I just hope he fucks off and leaves the club asap.

We all know that Levy would pull the trigger instantly if he wasn't waiting for England to pay compensation. He's not our manager next season whether England hires him or not.

Overall, Redknapp has done a good job at Spurs IMO.

However, his constant re-writing of Spurs' recent history prior to him taking over as manager is something that surely grates with a lot of Spurs fans.

He talks of an average finishing position of 10th as though Spurs never got near a Champions League place before he pitched up at WHL, yet as you've pointed out in the 3 seasons immediately prior to Redknapp Spurs had 2 top 5 finishes under Jol of which one of them should've been 4th spot. The 07-08 season kicked off with a Michael Chopra inspired injury time defeat at Sunderland and immediately after that first game rumours surfaced that Spurs were looking at Ramos. Against that backdrop Jol struggled through to October and was sacked with Spurs in the bottom three. Ramos took over and guided Spurs to a finishing position of 11th, winning the Carling Cup in the process. Considering the undermining of Jol early in the season and the subsequent upheaval, that was a good season.

Redknapp is quite correct when he says you only had 2 points from 8 games at the start of the following season but the way he bangs on about it you'd be forgiven for thinking that Spurs had a squad that is no better than what Wolves have now. What he fails to acknowledge is that Spurs were in a totally false position and were never a bottom of the table side in a million years. The squad he took over was more than capable of a top 5 finish with the right guidance - the likes of Modric and Bale were already at the club and while Bale wasn't ripping up trees at that point, it took 'Arry a fair while to realise where his best position was too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.