The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

Ancient Citizen said:
Top 4? Be afraid, be very afraid, Toon lads looking tasty.

I'd love Newcastle to get top 4 but it would be a huge over achievement.

stony said:
Ancient Citizen said:

We need three points off them as well, remember. Or hopefully we'll be needing them.

M18CTID said:
GHoddle said:
CTID86 said:
I hate Redtwat as much as the next man, but in fairness to him, you're team was an absolute shambles before he took over.

Because Ramos was a disaster. That has nothing to do with Harry. Ramos was fired for 2 points in 8 games, Harry has 6 points in 8 games with a far better team. Jol had a far inferior team up to 5th in the league and would have been 4th if not for Lasagnagate. Ramos at least won us a trophy, and didn't insult the fans.

The guy is fucking clueless, if he is appointed England manager you will see this summer in the first game against France. Not kidding, big disaster pending. We never beat the top teams, and we also never win by 3 or more goals. I noticed you guys have done so 19 times in the last 2 seasons, we've won a game by 3 goals or more only 3 times in the past 2 seasons, and once was against Bolton with 10 men and another against Liverpool with 9 men. Sunderland, Newcastle, Bolton, West Brom, and Fulham have done so more than us. Because we have no fucking organization because Redknapp doesn't "do tactics." Good luck in international football, I just hope he fucks off and leaves the club asap.

We all know that Levy would pull the trigger instantly if he wasn't waiting for England to pay compensation. He's not our manager next season whether England hires him or not.

Overall, Redknapp has done a good job at Spurs IMO.

However, his constant re-writing of Spurs' recent history prior to him taking over as manager is something that surely grates with a lot of Spurs fans.

He talks of an average finishing position of 10th as though Spurs never got near a Champions League place before he pitched up at WHL, yet as you've pointed out in the 3 seasons immediately prior to Redknapp Spurs had 2 top 5 finishes under Jol of which one of them should've been 4th spot. The 07-08 season kicked off with a Michael Chopra inspired injury time defeat at Sunderland and immediately after that first game rumours surfaced that Spurs were looking at Ramos. Against that backdrop Jol struggled through to October and was sacked with Spurs in the bottom three. Ramos took over and guided Spurs to a finishing position of 11th, winning the Carling Cup in the process. Considering the undermining of Jol early in the season and the subsequent upheaval, that was a good season.

Redknapp is quite correct when he says you only had 2 points from 8 games at the start of the following season but the way he bangs on about it you'd be forgiven for thinking that Spurs had a squad that is no better than what Wolves have now. What he fails to acknowledge is that Spurs were in a totally false position and were never a bottom of the table side in a million years. The squad he took over was more than capable of a top 5 finish with the right guidance - the likes of Modric and Bale were already at the club and while Bale wasn't ripping up trees at that point, it took 'Arry a fair while to realise where his best position was too.

Meh, he's decent but will be found out at international level, no question. I think England will go out in the group stage, but if not then, the quarter finals.

Harry got us to finish ahead of Liverpool. Meh. We could be worse off and have their scummy manager, but personally I think we have a better squad than Chelsea and Arsenal, and I try to say that as objectively as possible. They have better managers, but I feel like a guy like Brendan Rodgers could get us playing as a team/unit with a philosophy and game plan. Of course if Redknapp fucks up CL qualification for us it'll be more difficult for a new manager to keep Modric but we can replace him. He's not worth the 45 million pounds Levy will demand.

I'm half looking forward to seeing Redknapp fail in the England job. How is a manager with 1 trophy in 30 years and who self-admittedly "doesn't do tactics" supposed to succeed at international football? Just a joke. Plenty of jobs for the boys there I guess.

stony said:
Ancient Citizen said:

I'd now love to do Spurs a huge favour by trouncing the geordies.
Then I hope Spurs lose every match, before King Harry is crowned as the next England failure.
Wankers - Spurs.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/forum/players-lounge/27695-possible-harry-adebayor-bust-up.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/forum/p ... st-up.html</a>

Apparently harry has lost the dressing room and his players (headed by adebayor) have revolted ! havent managed to read more than 4 pages yet but its definately one for the popcorn cat

Swales lives said:
stony said:
Ancient Citizen said:

Then I hope Spurs lose every match, before King Harry is crowned as the next England failure.
Wankers - Spurs.

Newcastle can do themselves a huge favour as they play Chelsea a few days before they play us
If they win at Wigan and then Chelsea they may well have already qualified for the chumps before our game

The Pink Panther said:
Swales lives said:
stony said:

Wankers - Spurs.

Newcastle can do themselves a huge favour as they play Chelsea a few days before they play us
If they win at Wigan and then Chelsea they may well have already qualified for the chumps before our game

Sounds good to me, lets hope Newcastle keep going strong and then roll over for us.

bobmcfc said:
http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/forum/players-lounge/27695-possible-harry-adebayor-bust-up.html

Apparently harry has lost the dressing room and his players (headed by adebayor) have revolted ! havent managed to read more than 4 pages yet but its definately one for the popcorn cat

Adebayor causing trouble in the dressing room? I don't believe it for a second!

adrianr said:
bobmcfc said:
http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/forum/players-lounge/27695-possible-harry-adebayor-bust-up.html

Adebayor causing trouble in the dressing room? I don't believe it for a second!
Perhaps we should refer to him as agent Adebayor ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.