The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

Was Spurs part of an group of clubs in the 80s, that divided football and came up the concept of the Premier League?

Castiel said:
Some of the bitterness is just incredible. A large portion of them are convinced that they're more deserving of entry and the talk of suing UEFA is hilarious. 4th doesn't guarantee anything and it never has. 4th doesn't even get you into the group stages under normal circumstances, you still have to qualify. While it is a shit way to miss out, they should have (and could have) finished 3rd. Its not like we were responsible for them bottling a massive lead over Arsenal (and us) earlier in the season. After the endless bullshit we've had out of them all season its hard to feel sympathetic.

I think they should let Spurs play Barca, Benfica, Napoli and Bayern Munich over 2 legs - if they come out on top in each they can come in.

Tbh, putting emotions aside I actually agree with this even as a Spurs fan. It sucks but I'm hoping failure to qualify somehow opens the door to sacking Redknapp or him leaving and that would put us in a better position than being in the CL and still having Redknapp.

You're right actually - we would never beat those teams under Redknapp. We already barely ever beat the top 4 teams in the Premier League (1 win and 6 defeats this season). That's why Redknapp needs to go, if we get a proper manager we will be back on the right track. Hopefully you guys take him off our hands as has been reported lol.

I would trade you CL and Redknapp for us getting a proper manager any day of the week. Sadly (for us) I can't see it happening but there's always hope!

GHoddle said:
Castiel said:
Some of the bitterness is just incredible. A large portion of them are convinced that they're more deserving of entry and the talk of suing UEFA is hilarious. 4th doesn't guarantee anything and it never has. 4th doesn't even get you into the group stages under normal circumstances, you still have to qualify. While it is a shit way to miss out, they should have (and could have) finished 3rd. Its not like we were responsible for them bottling a massive lead over Arsenal (and us) earlier in the season. After the endless bullshit we've had out of them all season its hard to feel sympathetic.

I think they should let Spurs play Barca, Benfica, Napoli and Bayern Munich over 2 legs - if they come out on top in each they can come in.

Tbh, putting emotions aside I actually agree with this even as a Spurs fan. It sucks but I'm hoping failure to qualify somehow opens the door to sacking Redknapp or him leaving and that would put us in a better position than being in the CL and still having Redknapp.

You're right actually - we would never beat those teams under Redknapp. We already barely ever beat the top 4 teams in the Premier League (1 win and 6 defeats this season). That's why Redknapp needs to go, if we get a proper manager we will be back on the right track. Hopefully you guys take him off our hands as has been reported lol.

I would trade you CL and Redknapp for us getting a proper manager any day of the week. Sadly (for us) I can't see it happening but there's always hope!

I think I asked this question but how long has Harry got on his contract?

carlos92 said:
GHoddle said:
Castiel said:

1 year.

GHoddle said:
carlos92 said:
GHoddle said:

1 year.

Thanks GHoddle. Will Spurs renew his contract?

GHoddle said:
carlos92 said:
GHoddle said:

1 year.

You were so sure of him being sacked a few months ago, what changed your mind?

There's a lot of pages to this thread, so I might have missed this, but have you seen the bitterness?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php?1687-The-Official-Oh-F***-Chelsea-destroyed-footie-thead" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread ... otie-thead</a>

I know it says Chelsea, but its in response to us winning our first championship for 44 years, with a team on the day that cost £8 million less than Uniteds.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
You were so sure of him being sacked a few months ago, what changed your mind?

I don't think I was certain of him being sacked, just very hopeful and desperately believing that he would be offered the England job. He was certain he would get it too, must have been devastating for him to be overlooked.

I thought he would probably get sacked if he didn't get the England job, and I still think DL will get him out some way or another, but with Chelsea purportedly interested it makes sense for DL to wait to see how things unfold before playing his hand. How Roy does at the Euros may be worth waiting to see as well.

I still don't think he will be our manager next season, and I would be extremely disappointed if he is. It's not what I hoped would happen at the time, but if missing out on CL helps us get rid of Redknapp it will be the best thing in retrospect imo (especially if Chelsea get him hehe).

lol crazy spuds fans want to sue us to take our place in the CL. From Glory Glory

Should City be placed in the Europa League?

Hi guys! I'm new here, but I thought I should share this with you. Maybe it's already been posted, then just delete
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/...4_DOWNLOAD.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/...4_DOWNLOAD.pdf</a>

From this document it says:
2.03 The UEFA Champions League titleholder is guaranteed a place in the group
stage even if it does not qualify for the competition through its domestic
championship.
a) If the titleholder comes from an association entitled to four places in the
UEFA Champions League and qualifies for the UEFA Europa League
through its domestic competitions, the lowest-ranked club of the 2
association’s UEFA Champions League representatives is automatically
transferred to the UEFA Europa League (into the latest possible round
where there is a vacancy). In this case, the number of places to which the
titleholder's association is entitled in the UEFA Champions League and
the UEFA Europa League does not change.

Could we look forward to Mr. Levy using his summer in court facing City and/or UEFA?

Looks crystal-clear to me, City is ranked lower than us by now!
My serious answer - no he won't and no he shouldn't. The rules are the rules and we all knew them beforehand.

My less serious answer - what are the rules actually? The relevant UEFA regualtion says "the UEFA Champions League titleholder is guaranteed a place in the group stage even if it does not qualify for the competition through its domestic championship. If the titleholder comes from an association entitled to four places in the UEFA Champions League and qualifies for the UEFA Europa League through its domestic competitions, the lowest-ranked club of the association’s UEFA Champions League representatives is automatically transferred to the UEFA Europa League (into the latest possible round where there is a vacancy)." If you look at this page on UEFA's website, at the tab headed "Club rankings", Manchester United are 2nd, Arsenal are 6th, Tottenham are 27th and Manchester City are 28th. So, aren't Manchester City the lowest-ranked club?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.