The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

Speaker said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
spurspinter1 said:
I'm unsure of what you mean by the term Fagan, an admittedly rather shallow google search points me to the term villainous jew, would you perhaps care to clarify what you mean by this word?

Flamini's a **** but he's a solid shitkicker if needed, I'm not saying he is as good as Van Bommel. I'm saying the difference in quality between him and Flamini is smaller than the difference between Seedorf and Emmanualson, don't think that's really debatable.

Spurs allegiances aside I genuinely love watching Sandro play and will continue to do so even if he leaves for pastures new.

If you really think Modric and King are simply good players then so be it, not much I can do to change that.

I suppose 'fagan' was a little crass but not intended as an insult, just a term used up here north for the yid army, don't get me started on that nonsense about some bloody holocaust that 'allegedly' happened(O:

And modric is for me totally overrated, a good player but world class? not on your sphincter, king again a good player, would he get in a top european team? NA

I am honestly struggling to think of a top club side anywhere that King would not get into in the world when fit.

I'd have him over Smalling at Utd
I'd have him over Lescott at City
I'd have him over anyone at Liverpool, Arsenal, and Chelsea
I'd have him over anyone at Inter, Napoli, Lazio, Juventus, and Roma. He would probably struggle to get in to Milan's team as I rate Silva more highly, and obviously Nesta is a legend.
I'd say that Barca (Pique + Puyol), and Madrid (Pepe + Carvalho) would be a struggle too, even though I personally rate him higher than Puyol and Pepe, that may be my own bias. Apart from that he would get into any team in Spain and France.
I like the Dortmund CB pairing but he would walk in to Bayern's shaky defence.

So to say that King wouldn't get into any top european club is a joke really.

He wouldn't pass a medical at any of those, or any other team, you mention.

Terry and Wio would have less than half of their England Caps if Ledley and Woodgate hadn't had so many injury problems; and shouldn't that other poster be warned about using that horrible term that begins with a "Y" when describing the Spurs fans ?

ifiwasarichfan said:
Terry and Wio would have less than half of their England Caps if Ledley and Woodgate hadn't had so many injury problems; and shouldn't that other poster be warned about using that horrible term that begins with a "Y" when describing the Spurs fans ?
Being a twat and being a good footballer are not mutually exclusive. Terry and Carvalho formed the record breaking CB paring in PL history under Mourinho, and he still saves our arse on a regular basis at the twilight of his career. I can't bring myself to defend Ferdinand.

city diehard said:
spurspinter1 said:
city diehard said:
Besides Spurs having to scav players off other clubs I don't think there's anything interesting with regards to transfers at your club, unless we get the eagerly anticpated 'arry soundbite.

Btw why don't you go on your own forum? Why would you want to gossip about your own club on another teams forum? Obsessed comes to mind.

Is purchusing players from other clubs now considered scaving players? I really don't get your point here.

What I posted wasn't gossip, it was an article direct from our OS.

Obsessed comes to mind? You're the one posting on a Spurs thread buddy :)

Obssessed; about your club please don't insult me. I'm not the one signing up to Yid Army Talk or whatever you call yourselves. I signed up to a Manchester City forum, my team. Not a team I don't support (Thank God) like yours it just seems very strange. Why wouldn't you want to speak about your team with other Spurs fans?

You really seem to be struggling with the idea of a "general football forum" and a "Tottenham Hotspur thread"
It's for people to discuss football other than City. In fact it's specifically a thread to discuss Tottenham. The clue really is in the title.

If all you want to read about is City, stay on the main bluemoon forum. I'm finding it hard to comprehend why this is such a difficult concept to grasp.

city diehard said:
spurspinter1 said:
city diehard said:
Besides Spurs having to scav players off other clubs I don't think there's anything interesting with regards to transfers at your club, unless we get the eagerly anticpated 'arry soundbite.

Btw why don't you go on your own forum? Why would you want to gossip about your own club on another teams forum? Obsessed comes to mind.

Is purchusing players from other clubs now considered scaving players? I really don't get your point here.

What I posted wasn't gossip, it was an article direct from our OS.

Obsessed comes to mind? You're the one posting on a Spurs thread buddy :)

Obssessed; about your club please don't insult me. I'm not the one signing up to Yid Army Talk or whatever you call yourselves. I signed up to a Manchester City forum, my team. Not a team I don't support (Thank God) like yours it just seems very strange. Why wouldn't you want to speak about your team with other Spurs fans?

Btw 'scav' the term I utilised is correct in the Yids case. You can't afford all of Ade's wages and Louis Saha, that is all.

There are football fans that like hearing views of other teams. Some just watch as a guest and some sign up and chat. It sparks up a bit of debate after all.

I'm a member of Kumb, Shed End, redcafe, RAWK, Goonerweb, Oatcake etc and general ones like soccerpulse, tika-taka and maxxed. It's not uncommon for there to be a general football thread on club forums at all.

Bluemoon is my favourite non-Spurs board, I'm sure there are a couple of Spurs fans on this thread who may share the same sentiments. Although a lot of hate towards Spurs by some posters it's very reasonable for the most part.

I'm a bit shocked you hit the general football forum, then Tottenham Thread, then complained about seeing about Tottenham! :D

Crouchinho said:
There are football fans that like hearing views of other teams. Some just watch as a guest and some sign up and chat. It sparks up a bit of debate after all.

I'm a member of Kumb, Shed End, redcafe, RAWK, Goonerweb, Oatcake etc and general ones like soccerpulse, tika-taka and maxxed. It's not uncommon for there to be a general football thread on club forums at all.

Bluemoon is my favourite non-Spurs board, I'm sure there are a couple of Spurs fans on this thread who may share the same sentiments. Although a lot of hate towards Spurs by some posters it's very reasonable for the most part.

I'm a bit shocked you hit the general football forum, then Tottenham Thread, then complained about seeing about Tottenham! :D
My favourite opposition site too. This place has the feel of a well run pub. On RAWK or Arsenalmania I felt like I was walking on eggshells so I stopped posting (though I did join RAWK for the entertainment). Provided you don't take the piss out of the hospitality or try to troll them the City fans are a tolerant bunch.

Its also great that I can come on and argue with you Spuds from time to time without either of us having moderator advantage. :D

jesus, the arrogance from these spurs fans on here is something else.

Sandro - limited footballer, dirty bastard, average at best
Parker - decent midfielder, gets stuck in poor distribution, just above average
Modric - vastly over rated, would fit in at Utd - lightweight, goes missing in big games, can only dream of being mentioned in the same breath as Silva
King - again, over rated. looks ok but got found out v us, maybe he used to be good, maybe he didn't. i'd go with the latter.

Get your heads out of your tight arses, you are a good side. Nothing more nothing less.

Plus, your manager is a two bob bent bastard who should of gone down. Does he care about the mess he left behind at Pompey? Does he fuck.

MickyBenno81 said:

Modric - vastly over rated, would fit in at Utd - lightweight, goes missing in big games, can only dream of being mentioned in the same breath as Silva
King - again, over rated. looks ok but got found out v us, maybe he used to be good, maybe he didn't. i'd go with the latter.

Get your heads out of your tight arses, you are a good side. Nothing more nothing less.

Plus, your manager is a two bob bent bastard who should of gone down. Does he care about the mess he left behind at Pompey? Does he fuck.
Agree with you re. Parker. How people (and not just Spurs fans) see him as the second coming, I don't know. Sandro has potential (not there yet though), but Modric and King are two very good footballers.

MickyBenno81 said:

De Jong, now there is a limited footballer. Sandro has everything to be a top DM. Decent passer and a good technique. Height and strenght. Good tackler. Too bad he is always injured for them. If he can stay fit...he is going to be class. But he has potential to be miles better than De Jong for example.

Modric is world class, but i agree that he isn't as good as Silva but "dream of being mentioned in the same breathe with Silva" is stretching it.

Parker is old but he is currently playing the best football of his life. King is usually class when fit.

You have to give them more credit than that mate.

BlueCityfan said:
MickyBenno81 said:

You say these Spurs fans are arrogant. But that was one arrogant post aswell. Sandro a limited footballer?

De Jong, now there is a limited footballer. Sandro has everything to be a top DM. Decent passer and a good technique. Height and strenght. Good tackler. Too bad he is always injured for them. If he can stay fit...he is going to be class. But he has potential to be miles better than De Jong for example.

Modric is world class, but i agree that he isn't as good as Silva but "dream of being mentioned in the same breathe with Silva" is stretching it.

Parker is old but he is currently playing the best football of his life. King often class when fit.

You have to give them more credit than that mate.

They aren't as good as you're making out. You obviously believe the hype about that dirty lot.

Modric 'world class'!! explain that one please.

It isn't arrogance i purvey - merely an observation. I don't listen to the media about Tottenham, yes they play good football against Wigan, Bolton and the like - but twice this season we've been the deserved victors, and the adulation they receive is way over board.

As i say - they are a good side, nothing more nothing less.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.