The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

I'm a huge fan of Modric but I don't think he's in the world class bracket. As one of the Spurs fans said, you can't qualify him with statistics. He just runs their show and sets up plays. The best in the world at that is Xavi, and Modric doesn't even come close to Xavi. Next up you have your Xabi Alonso's and De Rossi's. Perhaps Modric has a claim to competing with them but I'm not qualified to say. The fact that he seems to get shut down in big games is a bit of a let down for me, but I'm not sure if thats because Spurs go counter attacking when outgunned or if its a problem with Modric. Its hard to play the game he plays when you don't have the majority of the ball.

That said, there aren't many others who fulfil the "regista" role better than he does for Spurs at the moment. He also isn't comparable to Silva, they're different types of player.

MickyBenno81 said:
BlueCityfan said:
MickyBenno81 said:
jesus, the arrogance from these spurs fans on here is something else.

Sandro - limited footballer, dirty bastard, average at best
Parker - decent midfielder, gets stuck in poor distribution, just above average
Modric - vastly over rated, would fit in at Utd - lightweight, goes missing in big games, can only dream of being mentioned in the same breath as Silva
King - again, over rated. looks ok but got found out v us, maybe he used to be good, maybe he didn't. i'd go with the latter.

Get your heads out of your tight arses, you are a good side. Nothing more nothing less.

Plus, your manager is a two bob bent bastard who should of gone down. Does he care about the mess he left behind at Pompey? Does he fuck.

You say these Spurs fans are arrogant. But that was one arrogant post aswell. Sandro a limited footballer?

De Jong, now there is a limited footballer. Sandro has everything to be a top DM. Decent passer and a good technique. Height and strenght. Good tackler. Too bad he is always injured for them. If he can stay fit...he is going to be class. But he has potential to be miles better than De Jong for example.

Modric is world class, but i agree that he isn't as good as Silva but "dream of being mentioned in the same breathe with Silva" is stretching it.

Parker is old but he is currently playing the best football of his life. King often class when fit.

You have to give them more credit than that mate.

They aren't as good as you're making out. You obviously believe the hype about that dirty lot.

Modric 'world class'!! explain that one please.

It isn't arrogance i purvey - merely an observation. I don't listen to the media about Tottenham, yes they play good football against Wigan, Bolton and the like - but twice this season we've been the deserved victors, and the adulation they receive is way over board.

As i say - they are a good side, nothing more nothing less.

Good side yes but this is the only side that has so far somewhat kept in touch with the manchester clubs. Unlike Arsenal, Chelsea etc....

But i just thought you didn't give those players enough credit. King and Parker are far from overrated and avarge IMO. But top players this season. But they are also both very old players with not much left in them.

And yes, Modric is "world class" IMO. His passing is just excellent. Aswell as his vision and work rate. If he played for City im sure you would rate him much more. One of the best midfielders in the prem IMO.

And if Sandro was at City i think he would be starting alongside Yaya. Altought Barry when on top form (like against Villa) would maybe start ahead of him. He is far from a limited footballer and pretty young aswell. But he has been injured alot this season.

I agree, Sandro is hugely underrated. Imagine if he's been a domestic player. Funny how Parker gets all the credit whilst Sandro not.

He is something like NDJ was for us the last season (or in our last few games :D).

Castiel said:
Crouchinho said:
There are football fans that like hearing views of other teams. Some just watch as a guest and some sign up and chat. It sparks up a bit of debate after all.

I'm a member of Kumb, Shed End, redcafe, RAWK, Goonerweb, Oatcake etc and general ones like soccerpulse, tika-taka and maxxed. It's not uncommon for there to be a general football thread on club forums at all.

Bluemoon is my favourite non-Spurs board, I'm sure there are a couple of Spurs fans on this thread who may share the same sentiments. Although a lot of hate towards Spurs by some posters it's very reasonable for the most part.

I'm a bit shocked you hit the general football forum, then Tottenham Thread, then complained about seeing about Tottenham! :D
My favourite opposition site too. This place has the feel of a well run pub. On RAWK or Arsenalmania I felt like I was walking on eggshells so I stopped posting (though I did join RAWK for the entertainment). Provided you don't take the piss out of the hospitality or try to troll them the City fans are a tolerant bunch.

Its also great that I can come on and argue with you Spuds from time to time without either of us having moderator advantage. :D

Pretty much this. Although Kumb may be a step too far Crouchy mate ;)

Apologies in advance for the following rant!
Just happened to be watching soccer Saturday and as usual they were talking up spurs and saying how great Harry is when le tiss said he didn't think they could win the league due to having "two great sides ahead of them." Stelling then said "merse, two great sides? Are man city really a great side?" To be fair le toss stuck up for us a bit but the bias is remarkable. They say spurs have played the best football in the league as though it is indisputable fact! If good football is about scoring less goals and conceding more maybe. Yet we have scored 15 more goals than them! Spurs fans, crouchinho etc, out of interest, do you find the undoubted media bias towards your club a trifle embarrassing?

spurspinter1 said:
Castiel said:
Crouchinho said:
There are football fans that like hearing views of other teams. Some just watch as a guest and some sign up and chat. It sparks up a bit of debate after all.

I'm a member of Kumb, Shed End, redcafe, RAWK, Goonerweb, Oatcake etc and general ones like soccerpulse, tika-taka and maxxed. It's not uncommon for there to be a general football thread on club forums at all.

Bluemoon is my favourite non-Spurs board, I'm sure there are a couple of Spurs fans on this thread who may share the same sentiments. Although a lot of hate towards Spurs by some posters it's very reasonable for the most part.

I'm a bit shocked you hit the general football forum, then Tottenham Thread, then complained about seeing about Tottenham! :D
My favourite opposition site too. This place has the feel of a well run pub. On RAWK or Arsenalmania I felt like I was walking on eggshells so I stopped posting (though I did join RAWK for the entertainment). Provided you don't take the piss out of the hospitality or try to troll them the City fans are a tolerant bunch.

Its also great that I can come on and argue with you Spuds from time to time without either of us having moderator advantage. :D

Thanks for the kind words, we will always welcome fans of other clubs, and on the whole they make a valued contribution to the forum, since Ric set up the general section we have seen quite a few fans from other clubs, I can honestly say that the only real trouble we have had was with Everton fans for some strange reason, we get a lot of United fans who sign up just to cause trouble but they are banned before the post hits the forum, but we also have some decent United fans.

Ducado said:
spurspinter1 said:
Castiel said:

Thanks for the kind words, we will always welcome fans of other clubs, and on the whole they make a valued contribution to the forum, since Ric set up the general section we have seen quite a few fans from other clubs, I can honestly say that the only real trouble we have had was with Everton fans for some strange reason, we get a lot of United fans who sign up just to cause trouble but they are banned before the post hits the forum, but we also have some decent United fans.

i'd like more fans from different clubs and other leagues, gives you a different insight and more knowledge, love it when we play in Europe and the foreign fans come on for a natter, remember ending up on a Kyiv forum last year lol, unfortunately we've just ended up with a Bosnian turf war and a bunch of cockneys, typical.

jaigurugoat said:
Just happened to be watching soccer Saturday and as usual they were talking up spurs and saying how great Harry is when le tiss said he didn't think they could win the league due to having "two great sides ahead of them." Stelling then said "merse, two great sides? Are man city really a great side?" To be fair le toss stuck up for us a bit but the bias is remarkable. They say spurs have played the best football in the league as though it is indisputable fact! If good football is about scoring less goals and conceding more maybe. Yet we have scored 15 more goals than them! Spurs fans, crouchinho etc, out of interest, do you find the undoubted media bias towards your club a trifle embarrassing?

I didn't see Soccer Saturday and it's stupid questioning City rather than Utd as being a great side. I'm a Spurs fan and honestly it's not the press biasing towards us as a club they're just biased towards Harry and have been for a long time. When we were doing well with Jol back in 2005 or so we never anything like the press time we do now.

I don't know why City fans are so against the idea that Spurs being the best team to watch, playing good football isn't all about scoring more goals or being the better team otherwise everyone would say Newcastle play much better football than Swansea or Stoke play better football than 80 league clubs in England.

Everyone has been saying Arsenal play great football for years but they haven't won the league or been top scorers in the division for the last 6 years, no one disputed they were a good team to watch even Spurs fans....

In my opinion City were playing great football in the first two months of the season but it's become alot more turgid now in comparison and Spurs have been a joy to watch since September one or two games aside (Liverpool and Watford away).

jaigurugoat said:

To be honest I don't really listen to the media at all. I don't buy newspapers or really listen to things like Talksport.

The whole point of things like Talksport is to rile up rival fans to get them to phone in.

I think we play fantastic football, the best in my life time. I know we have scored less than City, but Arsenal were scoring less than the champions for many seasons yet played some of the best.

If the media are bigging up Spurs then I am happy, because we used to be a laughing stock in the papers. They would ridicule us and rub it in about our successful neighbours, whether it would be Arsenal or Chelsea. I think most clubs pitied us in the 90's and early 2000's, and I bet you know how that felt too as the media wanked over United and Liverpool

Sandro is slower than Barry, make what you want of that.

<a class="postlink" href="http://gamblingsystems.posterous.com/revealed-the-premier-league-slowest-player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://gamblingsystems.posterous.com/re ... est-player</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.