The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

THFC6061 said:
Mikecini said:
THFC6061 said:
Under Harry, Spurs have had a net spend of just £22,230,000.

That's a tad over £7,400,000 a season....

8283.jpg

...Peanuts by today's standards.

All you have proved there is that the total spent by 'Arry is that near £100 mill inside three years. The stockpile of players sold are still assets of the club they still had a value congratulations to the management before 'arry for building that group. Down to Levy I guess.

By using your formula or net spending Trafford United have had a net spend less than the vast majority of the PL over the last few years due largely to the sale of Ronaldo.

If you buy a new car for £20,000 but use your old car, valued at £12,000 as a trade-in, you've spent £8,000.

Yeah but in Spurs situation they've begun to fix that car, with about 5k in repairs. Now you want to buy Hazard. You'll need to update that vehicle because you bought new parts.

THFC6061 said:
Mikecini said:
THFC6061 said:

8283.jpg

All you have proved there is that the total spent by 'Arry is that near £100 mill inside three years. The stockpile of players sold are still assets of the club they still had a value congratulations to the management before 'arry for building that group. Down to Levy I guess.

By using your formula or net spending Trafford United have had a net spend less than the vast majority of the PL over the last few years due largely to the sale of Ronaldo.

If you buy a new car for £20,000 but use your old car, valued at £12,000 as a trade-in, you've spent £8,000.

If you sell your old car and get the £12,000 are you £12000 in profit??

Are you bollocks because you still had to buy the car in the first place ffs

Also is that purchase list correct, I only see four players from Pompey sure there were more?? Can you give me a reference or web page?

THFC6061 said:
Mikecini said:
THFC6061 said:

8283.jpg

Then why do the media insist that Milner cost £24 mill when we only gave Villa £16 mill plus Ireland who cost us nothing?

bluestreak said:
THFC6061 said:
Mikecini said:

Then why do the media insist that Milner cost £24 mill when we only gave Villa £16 mill plus Ireland who cost us nothing?

If Ireland was valued at £8 million, that seems fair enough.

Ask yourself if Manchester City would have let him join any other club, other than Aston Villa, for free and you have your answer.

zeven said:
Maybe i went a bit to far in my previous posts.

i want to sincerely apologize to our spurs members for that.

No worries mate.

Walker is most likely a bit stupid, but realistically most footballers are pretty stupid.

I can understand the Spurs dislike in terms of 1981, perfectly understandable, if that had happened to my team I'd probably annually burn effegies of Ricky Villa

But it's the hatred because of Harry and the media that I don't understand fully.

But obviously I'm biased, I can't really seperate myself from my loyalty to Spurs to be able to judge whether I'd dislike Harry if I was a fan of another club. Sure he does talk too much about players under contract, and I'm not a massive fan of that, but most managers do it, harry more than most admittedly

I think many just take the headlines of what he says without really reading/listening to his comments to fully understand what he is saying. It is for the same reason that in my opinion many are starting to a tad annoyed with Mancini, many use the headline summary as an excuse to not like him when his comments aren't as rash as the papers make out.

In terms of the court case and all that stuff it does worry me slightly. Fair enough to anyone who has a background in that kind of work and has a wealth of knowlege about tax evasion/fraud/whatever and developed an opinion on recent events but it's worrying the amount of people I saw that said "I haven't followed the case at all but I'm sure he's guilty". Opinions on such important things should be earnt, which is why it worries me that the people who don't attempt to enrich their knowlege on issues but chose to make a rash uninformed and unearnt opinion have the same amount of power as someone who does in a democracy. My apologies for getting all preachy!

Can somebody please tell me what the fuck happened in 81? Its talked about like the holocaust here. Whispers of some horrific event sparking the otherwise irrational blood-feud between City and Spurs.

alky313 said:
Spurs fans,

How can you justify the massive growth in total wages under Harry Redknapp. And do you truly feel comfortable with signing Eden Hazard at higher wages than almost all of your top earners?

There has been no massive growth in our wages, the 2011 accounts on first sight would seem to indicate this but it's due to the bonuses activated by our league position and CL qualification. If we hadn't of qualified then there would have been no significant increase in wages.

When the next set of accounts are published it will show figures more in line of the 2010 accounts, they may be ~10% lower or higher but this is dependent on how the wages(and fees) of loan players such as Adebayor,Jenas, Bentley and to a lesser extent Bassong, Pienaar and the youngsters are accounted for.

I expect Levy to raise the maximum base salary (currently ~£65k-£70k pw) to around £100k (but I would expect any existing players who move on to a new contract that's approaching this maximum would have their current bonuses reduced). Hazard or whoever we sign in the summer would have to fit in to this salary cap.

Castiel said:
Can somebody please tell me what the fuck happened in 81? Its talked about like the holocaust here. Whispers of some horrific event sparking the otherwise irrational blood-feud between City and Spurs.
FA cup final, goal of the century :) i believe this is what our friend is refering to.

For me I dont understand why you are signing hazard if you are on the kind of wages which he will want, if he is a midfielder or a winger then surely that will impact on bale or modric, if you do end up signing adebayor then he will want parity with hazard there is no way he will take that kind of wage drop if he gets parity then bale will want it and if i was modric or parker id want it to.

I know spurs fans have a view of their club like we all do that the players are fans and they play for the love of the club but real world it aint like that and the fact is if you want to sign top players they are going to want big wages that are comparable to other players at similar clubs and the dressing room wont stand for that unfortunately and while they not want comparable wages in terms of exactly the same you can be they will want similar.

Also in terms of signing hazard if what he is said is true and that he wants to sign for spurs because they will guarantee him game time and cl football next year is that really the attitude u want coming into the club as he is basically not backing his own talent to make a starting place his own in any of the other clubs interested etc.

bluestreak said:
THFC6061 said:
Mikecini said:

I don't know the details of this transfer but the way transfer like this work for Ltd. companies is that both players are traded at a value, so in this case I'm presuming Milner was bought for £24m by Man City and Ireland was bought for £8m by Villa.

If you inherited a diamond necklace worth £1m and then swapped it for a house you would still have to pay stamp duty on £1m, just because the necklace didn't cost you anything doesn't mean it has no value. (Unless you're Harry of course in which case you can argue you're not a diamond or house expert and the owner was a really good friend of yours! j/k and I accept no liabilities if you're actually named Harry and try this...)

mancboy123 said:
For me I dont understand why you are signing hazard if you are on the kind of wages which he will want, if he is a midfielder or a winger then surely that will impact on bale or modric, if you do end up signing adebayor then he will want parity with hazard there is no way he will take that kind of wage drop if he gets parity then bale will want it and if i was modric or parker id want it to.

I know spurs fans have a view of their club like we all do that the players are fans and they play for the love of the club but real world it aint like that and the fact is if you want to sign top players they are going to want big wages that are comparable to other players at similar clubs and the dressing room wont stand for that unfortunately and while they not want comparable wages in terms of exactly the same you can be they will want similar.

Also in terms of signing hazard if what he is said is true and that he wants to sign for spurs because they will guarantee him game time and cl football next year is that really the attitude u want coming into the club as he is basically not backing his own talent to make a starting place his own in any of the other clubs interested etc.

To be honest reading that made my head hurt but here goes...

What kind of wages are you expecting Hazard to be asking for? Ozil went to Real Madrid with a similar reputation and after an excellent world cup and is on ~£85k per week I don't see what's so different about the two players to argue that wages should be vastly different.

As I said above we'll probably be raising our wage cap to around £100k per week if Hazard or Adebayor want more than that then Levy will tell them to jog on.

I don't have a problem with young players wanting more game time otherwise we'd end up with a league of Wayne Bridges :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.