The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

If Hazard has been enquired about by city and cfc and other clubs such as barcelona etc then he will be wanting 135 k a week plus at an absolute minimum. With all due respect to compare the transfer of ozil to RM to the transfer of Hazard to yourselves is laughable.

If you sign Hazard it will be a feather in your cap it was a feather in ozils cap to go and play for Madrid so the two transfers in terms of wage demands are incomparable.

You may well raise your salary cap to 100k well done you but you will be telling alot of players to jog on by doing so because if thats your salary cap and your fighting others for players then other teams will outbid you and you will end up with who others dont want instead of the cream of the crop.

Im not sure what you didnt understand about my post or why it made your head hurt and you are right there is nothing wrong with players wanting game time. I am suggesting that the attitude of the player in going to a club where is guaranteed game time instead of backing his own talent to secure game time in a better squad is perhaps the wrong attitude when coming into a squad.

If a club has a self imposed salary cap then, by definition, they will be pricing themselves out of the market for the very best players in the world. The best players want the top wages, and certain clubs will pay them what they want. Madrid, Barca, City, United, Bayern, AC etc etc will all have players on their books who earn more than £100k a week, each one of those players will not be an option for Spurs if they won't pay their players more than £100k a week. It may be financially prudent to have the cap, but it will hamper attempts to become a true European force.

zeven said:
Maybe my post drifted a bit off topic. I just saw my chance to get my dislike of spurs off my chest.

a couple of things i will try to make more clear.

1, my impression, Arry is unable to change tactics according to opposition or under play.
its like he put on a game from the 70s, on TV and thats it and the tacical aspects of his job is done. You are very close to the new arsenal in that regard.

2, Have you ever read qoutes from Walker? sorry to say it but the guy is stupid beyond belief.
WALKERTWEET.png

3 Your lack of a target man last season proves my point regarding your tactics and style of play. how many goals come from your strikes? i bet it could have been more by changing tactics or a striker that actually worked with your current tactics (mention in my previous post) its not that Defoe is a bad player, because hes not.

4, I never said City play like/ecually good football as barca? i said i prefer pass and move possesion based football like barca, old arsenal and the way City try to play.

last i want to point out, that hope you dont take it personally because i like you as a member on this forum! its just your team and manager i cant come around to like.
Right, I'm not into Twitter, and won't ever be either, as I don't give a monkeys ball sack what football players, or asshole celebrities have to say. However, that post above by Walker is bad initially, but he does appear to apologise further down?

Matty said:
If a club has a self imposed salary cap then, by definition, they will be pricing themselves out of the market for the very best players in the world. The best players want the top wages, and certain clubs will pay them what they want. Madrid, Barca, City, United, Bayern, AC etc etc will all have players on their books who earn more than £100k a week, each one of those players will not be an option for Spurs if they won't pay their players more than £100k a week. It may be financially prudent to have the cap, but it will hamper attempts to become a true European force.

This has been the case in the 25 years I've been supporting Spurs, it's nothing new. Any club without external artifical funding has to balance their books resulting in salary caps (whether that's per player or for the squad as a whole),
I'm not having a go at City here but you're basically belittling us because we have to balance our books.

The only way we can get world class players is by:

1. Developing them all the way through the youth team, only King and Campbell would have realistically could have been a starter at those clubs you mention from what we've developed in the last 20 years. We're just opening a state of the art training and youth academy so hopefully this will improve the numbers coming through.

2. Buying players young from smaller teams when they first show promise, this seems to have been the Levy method ie. Lennon, Bale, Huddlestone, Dawson, Walker, Sandro. I'm not saying they're all world class but they're all starters/bench players for Spurs and cost about £22m combined off the top of my head.

3. Spend decent sums on players proven in other leagues but perhaps haven't got the recognition due to not having the chance to perform in the CL/Internationals ie. Berbatov, Modric year in year out I know both were internationals and Berb had played in the CL before we signed them but not THAT much.

I think Hazard would have fitted in to category 3 if it wasn't for his participation in the CL this year obviously he was known about like Berbatov and Modric but his value has probably gone up 50% in the last season.

If we don't get him we don't get him but you can't just throw financial planning out the window just because there's a new shinny player available otherwise you turn in to Leeds.

I dont think we are having a pop at you that you have to balance your books that is fine you have to do that. Its that your manager and chairman never shut up about it, there are plenty of other clubs who have to balance their books with much tighter constraints than you guys but its not an excuse as to why they didnt get that player or this player.

malg said:
zeven said:
Maybe my post drifted a bit off topic. I just saw my chance to get my dislike of spurs off my chest.

a couple of things i will try to make more clear.

1, my impression, Arry is unable to change tactics according to opposition or under play.
its like he put on a game from the 70s, on TV and thats it and the tacical aspects of his job is done. You are very close to the new arsenal in that regard.

2, Have you ever read qoutes from Walker? sorry to say it but the guy is stupid beyond belief.
WALKERTWEET.png

3 Your lack of a target man last season proves my point regarding your tactics and style of play. how many goals come from your strikes? i bet it could have been more by changing tactics or a striker that actually worked with your current tactics (mention in my previous post) its not that Defoe is a bad player, because hes not.

4, I never said City play like/ecually good football as barca? i said i prefer pass and move possesion based football like barca, old arsenal and the way City try to play.

last i want to point out, that hope you dont take it personally because i like you as a member on this forum! its just your team and manager i cant come around to like.
Right, I'm not into Twitter, and won't ever be either, as I don't give a monkeys ball sack what football players, or asshole celebrities have to say. However, that post above by Walker is bad initially, but he does appear to apologise further down?
As you can see in my latest post, where i aplogize. I did went to far and im well aware of that. cheers.

mancboy123 said:
I dont think we are having a pop at you that you have to balance your books that is fine you have to do that. Its that your manager and chairman never shut up about it, there are plenty of other clubs who have to balance their books with much tighter constraints than you guys but its not an excuse as to why they didnt get that player or this player.

Granted Harry does go on about it too much but he never shuts his mouth about anything :-) I'm not sure Levy talks about it or anything else for that matter to the press too much and when he does surely that's part of his job as chairman (balancing the book that is not making excuses for not signing joe bloggs).

zeven said:
As you can see in my latest post, where i aplogize. I did went to far and im well aware of that. cheers.

I think he was referring to the screen shots of Walkers tweets. Not sure if they're actually in time sequence or anything just a couple of different tweets showing his lack of spelling and grammar.

I don't use twitter though so I don't really know if Walker was apologising or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.