The true secret of Leicester City's success / doping thread merged

If found to be true, do you think the PL with its brand and image at stake would want it covered up or come clean?

Thats a key question, and a good one

What happened when Italian teams were caught? Life went on I guess didnt it? Serie A continued, so Im sure the EPL would too

Thats a key question, and a good one

What happened when Italian teams were caught? Life went on I guess didnt it? Serie A continued, so Im sure the EPL would too

It would damage the brand so much though unless of course they decided to pre empt and throw Leicester to the wolves so to speak and claim the moral high ground.

It would damage the brand so much though unless of course they decided to pre empt and throw Leicester to the wolves so to speak and claim the moral high ground.

That's one option, and I wouldnt be disappointed if that happened.

Another, which on reflection I think most likely, is that, the point of the season we've now reached, they'll be "allowed" this one, as a one-season wonder - which in many ways suits all parties - but I'd be staggered if measures arent taken to ensure a much closer eye is kept on them from next season onwards

That's one option, and I wouldnt be disappointed if that happened.

Another, which on reflection I think most likely, is that, the point of the season we've now reached, they'll be "allowed" this one, as a one-season wonder - which in many ways suits all parties - but I'd be staggered if measures arent taken to ensure a much closer eye is kept on them from next season onwards

If guilty of course.....

I don't want to believe the drugs/conspiracy theories regarding Leicester. It would ruin football more than we have ;)

The stats regarding Vardy's sudden ability to reach sprinter like speeds and fitness improvements point to something suspicious. But innocent until proven guilty in my mind.

It's that 'Cherry Active' drink he has after every match ;-)

Of course, they may be totally clean. And in other news I also expect Norwich to win the league next year.

I dont think they have cheated but then it doesn't explain a season with virtually no injuries in arguably the most physical and demanding league in world football, the same 11 players week in week out and the fact they can just run, run and not seem to fatigue.

Their fitness coach may well be good, he isnt that good.

Not so fast, my friend. Not saying anyone used any drug substance, etc however, they do help. You need to have slill, luck and all that but better endurance helps make that luck.

A tired athlete makes mistakes, or sometimes cuts corners. It is a simple as that. I don't know if you have ever played any sport or do any physical training. If you do, think about. When you are getting tired your form starts to dip. it may be against your will or because you are finding "shortcuts" to keep pressing on but as a result your quality suffers.

Yes, they still have to make passes, score goals, use their mind to gain an advantage but all of that is easier if you are not tired.

I don't think anybody's suggesting that doping doesn't give an unfair advantage. The real issue is whether the introduction of an endurance drug has the ability to turn a mediocre performing team into PL winners.

Endurance doping would have far more impact on a regular top 4 side where the technical ability and overall attributes of the teams are based on much finer margins. Leicester have certainly over-achieved this season, but this seems to be largely due to a combination of hard graft, consistency, luck and the under-achievement of ourselves and others.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.