The true secret of Leicester City's success / doping thread merged

On the face of it, I couldn't agree more and unless some concrete evidence comes out that proves there's something dodgy about it they'll deserve all the plaudits. Greatest club achievement in English football history is a fair shout if they do on to win it. I'd put it above Forest's achievements because the playing field was far more level in those days so it was always a lot more possible that a club could turn it's fortunes around and become the best in the country with a great manager and players that played as a team - Liverpool may have been the dominant force in the 70's and 80's but Forest, Villa, and Ipswich all came from practically nowhere to achieve success both in England and Europe. I honestly thought those days were gone forever but Leicester have proved it is still possible to do it while spending a fraction of what other clubs have laid out.

That said, they've benefitted from City forgetting how to perform consistently in the league while bizarrely discovering how to play in the CL, Chelsea falling off a cliff, United boring everyone to death and getting plenty of shit results, and Arsenal being Arsenal. There's not a chance that anyone would've predicted at the start of the season that all of last season's top 4 would be this bad and that has opened the door for other teams to take advantage. Quite simply, it's been a perfect storm for Leicester - one that comes around once every hundred-odd years.

yeah, but still not sure how vardy scored five goals last season and 500 this ,and is now the fastest player in top class football.at an age when most forwards are slowing down.
wes morgan looked a competent oath at forest but now looks as tho he,s been chiseled out of marble.

yeah, but still not sure how vardy scored five goals last season and 500 this ,and is now the fastest player in top class football.at an age when most forwards are slowing down.
wes morgan looked a competent oath at forest but now looks as tho he,s been chiseled out of marble.

I agree it's astonishing mate - players like Vardy, Albrighton, Drinkwater, Huth, and Morgan playing key roles in their march to the title. And their results have been so consistent while much more seasoned performers with far better players can't achieve anything like the same level of consistency.

I agree it's astonishing mate - players like Vardy, Albrighton, Drinkwater, Huth, and Morgan playing key roles in their march to the title. And their results have been so consistent while much more seasoned performers with far better players can't achieve anything like the same level of consistency.
it is astonishing when you remember they were mostly crap last season,bottom of the league in april,won something like 6 on the bounce,finished 14th, sacked the manager,brought in another, and continued to obliterate all before them all season with virtually no injuries. i was thinking fairytales do happen earlier this season, but just starting to look at them a lot more closely now...

Not convinced with all this, doping doesn't make you a technically better player,
How many technically genuinely good players do they have? To me the whole thing looks based on some reasonable organisation at the back, one player in Mahrez who looks a genuinely technical footballer and the rest of it is more or less about pure athleticism in terms of Vardy's pace and their stamina throughout games.

Not convinced with all this, doping doesn't make you a technically better player,

I'm not in the doping camp as I dont think they have but lets say they have for arguments sake, there game is not based on superior technical skills, its based on pressing, physicality and running at a million miles an hour for 90 mins.

The drugs would definitely help that.

Winning is a habit and they have caught the league short this season and surprised everyone and its just carried on with their ever growing confidence.

Fair play to them.

Maybe technically is the wrong word, what I mean is ultimatly you have to put the ball in the net, they have had so many 1-0 wins that could easily been nil nil draws if the players were not good enough to convert their chances. For me there success this season has been due to a better drilled defence, Vardy hitting great form, less fixture congestion than the chasing pack and momentum.

That said I always look for the good in any situation and may be naive

New manager, new coaching system, several new players, players with confidence.

No reason for insinuations to be cast as there is no evidence at all of anyone doing wrong.

Makes you wonder how they can have gone through a whole season with NO significant injury to any of their main players.
God must be looking down on them big time!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.