The true secret of Leicester City's success / doping thread merged

So they have sport science coach, do you think other teams don't?

Any other sport and questions would arise how a team/players with the worst distance covered last season now has the top/one of the top etc.

A player in Vardy who was nowhere his entire career is now stronger and faster than he's ever been aged 29? Just seems suspicious that's all.
agreed.journeyman striker, hits premier league,scores 5 goals.
next season, at the age of 29 ,improves his speed......and off the balll runs...at the age of 29,and scores 22 goals.
small lightly built inside forwards whose game is based on pace and explosive finishing,do not generally get better as they get older,certainly not as they approach the age of 30.
where did that power come from? 34 games 5 goals.34 games 22 goals.wow.

Our head of sports science is a grad from there, and yes we have a lot to do with them still. Knowledge sharing etc.

It's pretty boring on here with people chucking about wild speculation about drugs. Anyone willing to be arsed to actually research what our sports science department does, the innovations they have embraced before others, then you'll know why we've had a good record with injuries and a very fit squad, since the moment Pearson set it up 7/8 years ago.

Anyone suggesting there has been a wild swing in fitness is talking rubbish, there is nothing to back it up at all.

I've spent plenty of time discussing sports science inside Loughborough Uni, even giving a presentation there about 7 years back on maximising performance with limited resources in sports. So if you think that your sports science department has been responsible for this turnaround, I give up.

Can having a good ss team make you better than teams at a similar level?Absolutely.

Can they make you better than a team with better athletes, resources(including sports scientists) and coaching? Perhaps.

Can they make you better than a dozen teams with all of the above? Come on man.

I played a very decent level at a team sport and played with and against guys who were using PED's. I've seen them passed around in the locker rooms like skittles(once even between the opposing teams in a hallway). I was on a board of directors for a sport and seen a team trainer get a job who had previous form for juicing his guys on the bodybuilding circuit, so bad that they banned him. I also pushed for a WADA implemented drug testing policy to be fastracked in the sport I was Technical Director for over 5 years, so when it comes to PED use I think I know a bit about a bit.

You want the tell tale sign Leicester players are juicing? Just take a look at them at the end of each and every game. They aren't drenched in sweat. They aren't fatigued. They have pupils dilated to hell and they are far more alert than your average guy. It's bloody obvious.(and I will again state I can point to players on every single team and say the same thing, I've just never seen it team wide like this before).

Take a look over in Ireland at GAA. It's a freaking amateur sport. AMATEUR. They don't get paid. But yet they stringently drug test them and catch them time and time again. And this is in a sport where there's no financial incentive. Now take a look at Crossfit. Those guys are clearly, clearly juicing. Just look at their demeanour and they look exactly like a bunch of elite level footballers.

People will point to Sahko and say, "Oh look, they caught him didn't they?" but all that means is he was using stuff that shows in urine tests. I would love to know how stringent the drug testing for Premiership footballers is, because I guarantee it isn't.

I've spent plenty of time discussing sports science inside Loughborough Uni, even giving a presentation there about 7 years back on maximising performance with limited resources in sports. So if you think that your sports science department has been responsible for this turnaround, I give up.

Can having a good ss team make you better than teams at a similar level?Absolutely.

Can they make you better than a team with better athletes, resources(including sports scientists) and coaching? Perhaps.

I played a very decent level at a team sport and played with and against guys who were using PED's. I've seen them passed around in the locker rooms like skittles(once even between the opposing teams in a hallway). I was on a board of directors for a sport and seen a team trainer get a job who had previous form for juicing his guys on the bodybuilding circuit, so bad that they banned him. I also pushed for a WADA implemented drug testing policy to be fastracked in the sport I was Technical Director for over 5 years, so when it comes to PED use I think I know a bit about a bit.

You want the tell tale sign Leicester players are juicing? Just take a look at them at the end of each and every game. They aren't drenched in sweat. They aren't fatigued. They have pupils dilated to hell and they are far more alert than your average guy. It's bloody obvious.(and I will again state I can point to players on every single team and say the same thing, I've just never seen it team wide like this before).

Take a look over in Ireland at GAA. It's a freaking amateur sport. AMATEUR. They don't get paid. But yet they stringently drug test them and catch them time and time again. And this is in a sport where there's no financial incentive. Now take a look at Crossfit. Those guys are clearly, clearly juicing. Just look at their demeanour and they look exactly like a bunch of elite level footballers.

People will point to Sahko and say, "Oh look, they caught him didn't they?" but all that means is he was using stuff that shows in urine tests. I would love to know how stringent the drug testing for Premiership footballers is, because I guarantee it isn't.

I saw an article regarding how many tests are done and it's a lot. Then when it's broken down it equals around 2 tests per player per year. So it definitely isn't the hardest testing system to beat.

I think Leicester players are taking PED's. We have to be fair though and say that they are on a level playing field because most teams will have players taking them.
Dr Bonnar said he was treating players from Chelsea and Arsenal as well. Sakho got caught at Liverpool. Kolo got caught for us. Since Pooch went to the saints and Spurs their fitness levels have drastically gone up.

Dr Fuentes has been linked with the Spanish national team and said that if people knew what he knew then Spain would be stripped of the world cup. I watch Atletico run around like 11 Konte's at Leicester twice a week.

We watch football players cheat on the pitch. Play acting, diving, calling for fouls that were not fouls etc.... They clearly don't mind cheating or taking short cuts to win.

I would imagine EPO and Insulin is being taken by the majority of players since they aid fitness and recovery.

Fitness levels of players have gone up drastically in recent years especially in the high intensity sprints.

I

im shocked doc! Them spudz boys have apparently run further though, so have several other teams. Whats the verdict on them? Do any MCFC players under perspire, and posess eyes like saucers?

I

im shocked doc! Them spudz boys have apparently run further though, so have several other teams. Whats the verdict on them? Do any MCFC players under perspire, and posess eyes like saucers?

If you'd bothered to read through this thread, I've said that we'd be fools to think our players are all innocent too.

Spurs are a different beast in my eyes. They've had steady year on year progress. They've recruited young players. You could see over the past season the marked improvements in their stamina, fitness & performances.

If you'd bothered to read through this thread, I've said that we'd be fools to think our players are all innocent too.

Spurs are a different beast in my eyes. They've had steady year on year progress. They've recruited young players. You could see over the past season the marked improvements in their stamina, fitness & performances.
The difference with Spurs and Leicester is that Spurs have been around the top six for a number of years whereas Leicester have been where. The rise has been so out of the ordinary that as people have stated on here if it was a sprinter you would have serious doubts about how clean they were. It would be the equivalent of a 28 year old sprinter who has never broken 10.5 suddenly in the space of 12 months regularly breaking 9.8, it just doesn't happen without some aid. Journeymen players turning into world beaters overnight, not having it I am afraid

The difference with Spurs and Leicester is that Spurs have been around the top six for a number of years whereas Leicester have been where. The rise has been so out of the ordinary that as people have stated on here if it was a sprinter you would have serious doubts about how clean they were. It would be the equivalent of a 28 year old sprinter who has never broken 10.5 suddenly in the space of 12 months regularly breaking 9.8, it just doesn't happen without some aid. Journeymen players turning into world beaters overnight, not having it I am afraid
There is a very big difference , teams regularly get better and worse look at Chelsea this season compared with last look at Forest in the past, look at City under Mercer /Allison, look at Borussia under Klopp.
I have seen no reliable data that suggests that there has been a major improvement of athletic performance with Leicester, what little data I have seen suggests that as far as athletic performance is concerned Leicester are roughly mid table same as us.
I have just seen snide illogical remarks such as coo look at their eyes must be juiced up. This is just nonsense and should be treated with disdain.
Until someone produces evidence rather than snide accusations. Well done Leicester on their performances this season and good luck to them in closing out at the weekend.

There is a very big difference , teams regularly get better and worse look at Chelsea this season compared with last look at Forest in the past, look at City under Mercer /Allison, look at Borussia under Klopp.
I have seen no reliable data that suggests that there has been a major improvement of athletic performance with Leicester, what little data I have seen suggests that as far as athletic performance is concerned Leicester are roughly mid table same as us.
I have just seen snide illogical remarks such as coo look at their eyes must be juiced up. This is just nonsense and should be treated with disdain.
Until someone produces evidence rather than snide accusations. Well done Leicester on their performances this season and good luck to them in closing out at the weekend.

You must have been gutted when Lance Armstrong confessed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.