The true secret of Leicester City's success / doping thread merged

Leicester fans are getting wound up in the same way we would be if we were in their position when we were shit.

I for one am pleased that they are going to win the title, all the better if it's at the swap! Obviously I'd have preferred it to be us but we weren't good enough so rather them that Manure, the Spuds, the Chavs etc etc.

It will all come out in the wash and there will be something that's gone on though. That's not bitter grapes, it's just a fact.

They've had a bit of a perfect storm in that we've been shit, Chelsea have been shit, Manure are always shit but their turn around and them not bottling it at any point just smells of shite to me!

I was reading an article on Sky with pundits quotes about Leicester at the start of the season. They're all commenting about Ranieri and that's he's won nothing, won't improve things etc. Even Leicester's very own crisp eating munchkin isn't predicting anything special. Now they can all be wrong, and often are but FFS, nobody would have predicted anything like this.

Leicester fans are getting wound up in the same way we would be if we were in their position when we were shit.

I for one am pleased that they are going to win the title, all the better if it's at the swap! Obviously I'd have preferred it to be us but we weren't good enough so rather them that Manure, the Spuds, the Chavs etc etc.

It will all come out in the wash and there will be something that's gone on though. That's not bitter grapes, it's just a fact.

They've had a bit of a perfect storm in that we've been shit, Chelsea have been shit, Manure are always shit but their turn around and them not bottling it at any point just smells of shite to me!

I was reading an article on Sky with pundits quotes about Leicester at the start of the season. They're all commenting about Ranieri and that's he's won nothing, won't improve things etc. Even Leicester's very own crisp eating munchkin isn't predicting anything special. Now they can all be wrong, and often are but FFS, nobody would have predicted anything like this.

Good post.
Leicester deserve it, they have been great this season. great TEAM performances - two great buys in Kante and Mahrez have made them a very good team. And they can defend - seemingly a lost art these days. Ranieri is a also very good manager - the fact he cant rotate like he did at Chelsea (his major failing) has done Leicester a HUGE favour.
My only issue is the Key Ref Decisions hugely in their favour something like 70%/30%. This has dropped of late but it is still just in their favour - though I still don't think it would have stopped them from challenging.

Last edited:
If people like collymore and wenger are so confident that the use of PED's is rife then they should start naming names. If even collymore knows it is going on then it won't be that hard to prove.

I hope they win the title tomorrow at the swamp for selfish reasons to keep the rag tossers below us. Also if we don't win it I would rather they did than any of the other contenders. I am almost convinced at some time in the future that something will come out about performance enhancing drugs though. A team of rejects and has been's suddenly all start performing like the top player in their positions above established premier league world class stars....all season? Hardly anyone gets injured and if they do they are back pretty quickly? Come on something seems odd.

Think carefully about what you,ve just said mate.
Mercer and Allison were together ,as a mangement team in the old second division, took City up, finished 15th in 1967, then won the league in 1968.
leicester came up with pearson,were shit all season until April,won a load of games...and then sacked the manager in the summer..for non footballing reasons.
the new manager ,a totally different football man to nigel pearson,joins them 4 weeks before the start of the premiership.and wins it.
i can see where your coming from ,but can you appreciate, the two scenarios are completely different.
The situations are different but I was replying to apost suggesting that this scenario had never occurred before, whereas it had occurred in virtually exactly the same way in terms of league positions to our own team.
Whereas the scenario is different an unfancied second division club suddenly rising up to become twice champions of Europe was even more unprecedented but happened in my life time. When I was young people thought the era of Lowe league clubs winning the FA cup was past, even when Sunderland got to the final noone gave them a prayer of beating Leeds. They won two other clubs followed suit fairly soon after but then no one since.
A few years ago La Liga was going to be entirely dominated by Real and Barca as they had the money now Atheletico have joined them with a comparatively tiny budget.
None of these are exact paralleled but the unpredictable happens in sport without invoking cheating. Unless someone can demonstrate how physical performance as opposed to results has improved there is no reason to invoke drugs in Leicester's rise.

The situations are different but I was replying to apost suggesting that this scenario had never occurred before, whereas it had occurred in virtually exactly the same way in terms of league positions to our own team.
Whereas the scenario is different an unfancied second division club suddenly rising up to become twice champions of Europe was even more unprecedented but happened in my life time. When I was young people thought the era of Lowe league clubs winning the FA cup was past, even when Sunderland got to the final noone gave them a prayer of beating Leeds. They won two other clubs followed suit fairly soon after but then no one since.
A few years ago La Liga was going to be entirely dominated by Real and Barca as they had the money now Atheletico have joined them with a comparatively tiny budget.
None of these are exact paralleled but the unpredictable happens in sport without invoking cheating. Unless someone can demonstrate how physical performance as opposed to results has improved there is no reason to invoke drugs in Leicester's rise.

You are comparing totally different eras which makes your argument flawed in a big way. In the days we won the league and Forest won two European cups most clubs were competing on an even keel. There wasn't the massive amounts of cash floating around or shared out in such a way that the bigger clubs got richer,there was no top four elite and to get into the European cup you had to win the league.It was then a straight knock out competition over two legs except for the final.There was no all seater grounds and you could just turn up at a game,any game,queue,pay your money at the turnstiles and get in.With terracing more fans could cram in and large gates were normal for big games. If you appointed a good manager and with a few astute buys you could compete at the very top level which is what Forest did and to some extent Derby.

This season the so called smaller clubs can compete better due to the extra cash from the tv money,hence we are seeing clubs like Southampton and West Ham up there near the top. If West Ham from this position added more quality and won the league next season although a surprise it wouldn't be a major shock.Leicester is.Massive.

You are comparing totally different eras which makes your argument flawed in a big way. In the days we won the league and Forest won two European cups most clubs were competing on an even keel. There wasn't the massive amounts of cash floating around or shared out in such a way that the bigger clubs got richer,there was no top four elite and to get into the European cup you had to win the league.It was then a straight knock out competition over two legs except for the final.There was no all seater grounds and you could just turn up at a game,any game,queue,pay your money at the turnstiles and get in.With terracing more fans could cram in and large gates were normal for big games. If you appointed a good manager and with a few astute buys you could compete at the very top level which is what Forest did and to some extent Derby.

This season the so called smaller clubs can compete better due to the extra cash from the tv money,hence we are seeing clubs like Southampton and West Ham up there near the top. If West Ham from this position added more quality and won the league next season although a surprise it wouldn't be a major shock.Leicester is.Massive.

Of course the eras were different but everyone think their own era is in some way unique. This season has been different every single club has been able to compete with last seasons winners. When was the last time a club won the premiership and finished outside the top half as it looks like Chelsea will do?

Cloughs achievement with Forest taking them from the second division to double European cup winners was every bit a unexpected at the time however much retrospective explanation people have put on it.
Managers change the way teams play it is not surprising that Leicester’s results are different under a different manager. If people are suggesting it is due to performance enhancing drugs the onus is on them to show in what physical way Leicester’s performance has dramatically improved. I can see how the tactics have changed I cannot see that the physical attributes of the players are different.
Has anyone who is claiming that they are cheating got any evidence that the physical attributes of the players have changed between the seasons because that is how drugs work they do not alter tactics or skill levels.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.