The true secret of Leicester City's success / doping thread merged

Has a team scraped relegation one year then with almost the same squad won the league the next year?Again I doubt it.
Leicester finished last season 14th having been promoted the previous season.
When we won the title under Mercer and Allison we finished the previous season 15th having been promoted the season before.
At one point Mourinho looked like he was going to manage the opposite feat this season until he was sacked sudden changes in forums happen.

When we won the title under Mercer and Allison we finished the previous season 15th having been promoted the season before.
At one point Mourinho looked like he was going to manage the opposite feat this season until he was sacked sudden changes in forums happen.

This is very true but football was a lot different then and more even,meaning most clubs could compete on an even keel,there was not a huge gap between the top six and the rest.

Our head of sports science is a grad from there, and yes we have a lot to do with them still. Knowledge sharing etc.

It's pretty boring on here with people chucking about wild speculation about drugs. Anyone willing to be arsed to actually research what our sports science department does, the innovations they have embraced before others, then you'll know why we've had a good record with injuries and a very fit squad, since the moment Pearson set it up 7/8 years ago.

Anyone suggesting there has been a wild swing in fitness is talking rubbish, there is nothing to back it up at all.

I didn't make that drugs link pal - you did. I saw the Loughborough thing as a positive and a potential contributing factor (one of many) to Leicester's amazing transformation. You're going to need a thicker skin now your team are competing for honours! All the best for Sunday.

Uou know I looked at Marez at weekend and I thought he looked strange - he was not in the least bit tired.

marez alwways looks strange to me.like you say never tierd.and never a hair out of place.i once saw him, on the touchline during a match obsessively trying to pull over a strand of his hair which had strayed from where it should have been. he looks and acts as tho this whole season has been a breeze and almost as tho he expected the title, and player of the year..looks as tho he is continually preening himself for the tv camera..playing the part of superstar..and he is not on his own in almost expecting the title...the amount of money placed on the fortunate foxes in betting deals across the globe beggars belief for a team who were bottom of the premiership for most of last season..until april...even tom hanks joked the other day that he had put a wad of cash on leicester to win the league,,says he is a villa fan but he just got a haunch for leicester for the title..how canny Tom.

The bookies who will go bust if they do win it( it is rumoured at least two will) will start a closer observation of this whole charade,my instincts tell me something is not quite right,amd Marez the poster boy gifted attacking midfield player who scores and assists for fun( couldn,t get a game last season????) is the Asian frontman for what i believe is a con ,so big,and so wide , so global,that the fallout will be huge.

somebody,somewhere WILL break the silence.

All this speculation completely discounts the fact that renieri is a fantastic manager, often this season when pellegerini has been criticized here examples of renieri has been given of his understanding of the game and how much better he is than pellers and now its not the renieri effect but the doping effect? Leicester has been fantastic and great to watch, they deserve every bit of it

What exactly makes you think that canny claudio is a "fantastic" manager?
his last job as Greece national coach ended after only 4 months with the sack,after being beaten by the Faroe islands......brilliant.
his last stint in english football,he won manager of the month twice.....and thats it.no ,medals no cups, with a much better squad of players,albeit in chaotic circumstances at chelski.

back in Italy, and indeed Spain, he has never won the title in the top division. a liberal sprinkling of cups,super cups, and div two and div three titles.....thats it.

so from losing to the faroe islands,to taking on the leicester city project,halfway through pre season training in Austria,being the mastermind for pre season wins over lincoln,birmingham and mansfield town...to taking the prem by storm...13th july he joined leicester..4 or 5 weeks before the prem season began.wow.just wow.
a fantastic manager indeed.

Think carefully about what you,ve just said mate.
Mercer and Allison were together ,as a mangement team in the old second division, took City up, finished 15th in 1967, then won the league in 1968.
leicester came up with pearson,were shit all season until April,won a load of games...and then sacked the manager in the summer..for non footballing reasons.
the new manager ,a totally different football man to nigel pearson,joins them 4 weeks before the start of the premiership.and wins it.
i can see where your coming from ,but can you appreciate, the two scenarios are completely different.

What exactly makes you think that canny claudio is a "fantastic" manager?
his last job as Greece national coach ended after only 4 months with the sack,after being beaten by the Faroe islands......brilliant.
his last stint in english football,he won manager of the month twice.....and thats it.no ,medals no cups, with a much better squad of players,albeit in chaotic circumstances at chelski.

back in Italy, and indeed Spain, he has never won the title in the top division. a liberal sprinkling of cups,super cups, and div two and div three titles.....thats it.

so from losing to the faroe islands,to taking on the leicester city project,halfway through pre season training in Austria,being the mastermind for pre season wins over lincoln,birmingham and mansfield town...to taking the prem by storm...13th july he joined leicester..4 or 5 weeks before the prem season began.wow.just wow.
a fantastic manager indeed.

His this season performance suggest that or its all down to PED's?

the amount of money placed on the fortunate foxes in betting deals across the globe beggars belief for a team who were bottom of the premiership for most of last season
I've asked this question already but got no reply and it seems like you know the answer. How much was bet on Leicester before the season started and how does it compare to other teams that finished 14th in previous years?

I see another cyclist has been banned for drug use although it is claimed is an admin error over the use of an inhaler.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.