The true secret of Leicester City's success / doping thread merged

He said "a few footballers” who have been or are currently members of the playing staff of Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester City and Birmingham City players. With no specific time frame, I think the report said something like it could span as far back as 6 years, but I'd have to dig it out and take another look. If true, that could be someone who played for years ago in the championship and was sold a long time ago. The doctor and the paper also offered up zero evidence to back up the claims. The doctor is also a proven liar, who has lied to cancer patients to extort more money from them.

I'd also say, if these drugs are so good as to make us champions, wtf has happened to the other three teams then!

Again, there is zero evidence to back anything up, whether it's running stats or anything else.

The article didnt specify footballers in the last 6 years, it simply said players from those 4 clubs. It also didnt say how many from each club. I dont think anyone is/was seriously suggesting those 4 clubs are undertaking organised doping as a whole team. What is more realistic would be individuals from those clubs, who may possibly have shared that info with other individuals on their team informally. I dont follow Leicester's individual players closely enough, but are there say 3 individuals for whom many people have commented on their incredible stamina, and or there increasingly rapid sprinting speed ? I think it might only take say 4 key first XI players to be involved to tilt the odds in their favour in matches.
The article also discussed a range of possible 'treatments' - it may be the players from different clubs took different doses, of different substances, and their bodies responded differently. I'm not saying that was the case, but I am saying the "well what about Birmingham?" argument is flawed.

Its a question of trying to explain the unexplainable - such a rapid and, literally, incredible turnaround.
None of the other explanations I've read sound realistic or viable - that's the issue for me

Appreciate we still have humans playing this "sport" and it's just PED's as in the not too distant future most players will be genetically modified in a Lab somewhere with your star striker coming from Alan Shearer's sperm and Usain Bolt's Sisters womb.

Or Frank Riberys as we like to call them

Caught out. Secretly filmed.

It was Leicester, Chelsea, Arsenal and Birmingham.

I do agree with you and I also think the majority of players in the premier league are taking banned performance enhancing drugs.

Ah, right Birmingham!

The last bit - I disagree with that suggestion.

Ah, right Birmingham!

The last bit - I disagree with that suggestion.
I've heard Michael Gray and Stan Collymore on TalkSport this week say that the use of PEDs is absolutely rife in English football. Arsene Wenger seems pretty convinced about it too. You'd think these people would know. One thing's for sure; the testing needs to be much more rigorous.

I think every footballer is taking 'something' to enhance their performance.

They have specific drinks for pre match, during , and post match. It's not water, it's not lucozade, it's specifically tailored for them. It's just certain things are banned, and certain things aren't, and obviously certain things are much stronger.

I agree, the testing needs to be much more widespread. How viable is it to test every player after every game? Is it a simple urine test or much more complex?

There's certainly enough money in the game to do it!!

I've heard Michael Gray and Stan Collymore on TalkSport this week say that the use of PEDs is absolutely rife in English football. Arsene Wenger seems pretty convinced about it too. You'd think these people would know. One thing's for sure; the testing needs to be much more rigorous.
I can assure you that some of our players are definitely not using them judging from some of their performances this season

Don't for a second think because some player is running slow recently, injured regularly and so on this means they aren't taking PED's

Day to day working class people, 9-5 jobs, are juicing and all kinds of shit... They aren't financially gaining from performing physically in a certain way... Yet they spend £££ on doing this.

So, why wouldn't someone who's full time job is in a physically demanding role, competitive to the extreme with high risk rewards for financial gains... Not take something to increase their chance of gaining more?

I've never taken banned PED's but if I was a footballer tomorrow with a professional contract I'd take everything to aide with say my oxygen intake, post match recovery and so on.
Shit I'd be taking ADD stimulants like Ritalin to improve my concentration on the pitch.

Difference between finishing mid table and qualifying for Europe.

Something is odd here,one day the truth may come out,one day it may not. Has there ever been a team with odds of 5000-1 who won their league? I doubt it. Has a team scraped relegation one year then with almost the same squad won the league the next year?Again I doubt it. A team of journeymen, many who have been around years and not really pulled up any trees,or been snapped up by any top clubs,suddenly leading the toughest league in the world to win by seven points?? If that doesn't raise some eyebrows somewhere then people are blind.

If anyone is interested how these things can occur look up the " Essendon supplements scandal " where a whole AFL club has been thrown into turmoil after a tip off. This was a club organised program but naivety & trust that they were using legal supplements led to 34 players being banned. You think you know what's being injected but how do you know?

On another for the defence how much fitter would our players be if they'd played 40 less games over the last 2 seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.