The TV Quiz Show Thread

Tipping Point

Q. The Worcesterhire and Stafforshire canal runs through which British country?

My immediate shout was "Black country" which of course is kind of correct lol - but instantly I changed and said England.
The bloke was still thinking about the answer and then he said Birmingham ha ha

Whilst true, even the best teacher can only go as quickly as their poorest student, unless they were sent to SEN measures, then it becomes as quick as the next poorest student.

My grandma was a teacher from 1947-83. She blames the comprehensive system and curriculum for dumbing down of the education system.

She may be wrong, but she’d still fight you and she’s now 95!
The Comprehensive System was/ is better than the previous caste system that saw thousands of kids condemned to utter shite at the Secondary Moderns. Once you’d failed the 11+ well, that was that.
Current system is shite, but let’s not look through atavistic spectacles and pretend all was rosy pre ‘79.

The chase:- at which of these residences did Queen Victoria have a private beach - (1) Balmoral (2) Hampton Court Palace (3) Osbourne House.

Contestant:- Balmoral

It is in the middle of Aberdeenshire miles from the sea.
Leave her alone...... very presentable she is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.