The TV Quiz Show Thread

I love watching football on a minus 1 channel. You get the result an hour before it happens. Licence to print money.
I used to bet money or house cleaning jobs with my bird on Sunday afternoon's in Thailand watching the football replays. I told her about a year later they were replays. I let her pick which team ,and if she chose the winning team I would bet low. If I hadn't told her she would probably think I could predict the future

The chase:- at which of these residences did Queen Victoria have a private beach - (1) Balmoral (2) Hampton Court Palace (3) Osbourne House.

Contestant:- Balmoral

It is in the middle of Aberdeenshire miles from the sea.

Bit harsh. Even if they knew it was in Aberdeenshire, which I highly doubt the vast majority of English people do, it could still conceivably have been on the coast.

The chase:- at which of these residences did Queen Victoria have a private beach - (1) Balmoral (2) Hampton Court Palace (3) Osbourne House.

Contestant:- Balmoral

It is in the middle of Aberdeenshire miles from the sea.
They put a beach at horse guards parade for the Olympics, so you never know.!

Ask the next 100 English people you bump into if they know what county Balmoral is in. I’ll go less than 10. And that’s probably double what it was a month ago.
But they will probably know it is not a coastal Scottish Castle as the occupants go on game shoots and fish in the river Dee. It is a problem these days that the people of the British Isles are ignorant of its geography. I despair of some of the answers given on quiz programmes. Only tonight on University Challenge there was questions on places ending in “ington” - (1) a district of Sunderland with the same name as a US president they didn’t have a clue, (2) A town in the East Lothians the students plumped for ‘Warrington”, (3) A town on the M/c Ship Canal midway between the two major cities they realised that that was their previous answer and got 5 points.

But they will probably know it is not a coastal Scottish Castle as the occupants go on game shoots and fish in the river Dee. It is a problem these days that the people of the British Isles are ignorant of its geography. I despair of some of the answers given on quiz programmes. Only tonight on University Challenge there was questions on places ending in “ington” - (1) a district of Sunderland with the same name as a US president they didn’t have a clue, (2) A town in the East Lothians the students plumped for ‘Warrington”, (3) A town on the M/c Ship Canal midway between the two major cities they realised that that was their previous answer and got 5 points.
I quite enjoy looking at maps, but didn’t have a clue where Balmoral was in Scotland. Similar to me knowing Sandringham is somewhere around East Anglia.

I haven’t got a clue where Osborne House is as I’ve never heard of it.

People who don’t care about the monarchy won’t know where each house is, in general.

I quite enjoy looking at maps, but didn’t have a clue where Balmoral was in Scotland. Similar to me knowing Sandringham is somewhere around East Anglia.

I haven’t got a clue where Osborne House is as I’ve never heard of it.

People who don’t care about the monarchy won’t know where each house is, in general.
But that’s the point, if you have a lack of general knowledge why go on a quiz show?

On my part I don’t know anything about - soaps, reality TV, modern music and the latest films. I would make a complete fool of myself if those questions came up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.