The TV Quiz Show Thread

Yep. I can name every US state no problem. I can point to any of them on a map. I've never been to the US.

Outside of the major ones, GM/Hampshire/Devon/Cornwall/Norfolk etc, I've no idea about UK counties. Unless they share a name with a city like Oxfordshire. They just don't seem distinct enough to me to make much difference.

I think quiz shows tend to try and avoid questions on counties as a general rule, as they can be so ambiguous.

I'm always telling Mrs Ewing that there's no point in me going on a quiz show 'cos I'll get a question about a fuckin' pop song! Or a soap! Although watching Tenable the other day - Which ten PL and Championship grounds are nearest Manchester City? - the dozy bastards didn't get EFC or the Dippers. Mind, I completely forgot Blackburn and wouldn't have got Barnsley!
It must have been recorded last season. Barnsley are in League 1. Presumably they omitted Wigan as they were promoted from League 1 last season.

have any who are slagging off the "thick morons" been on telly for a quiz ?

my mrs was on the chase a few years ago, she's good general knowledge wise , king and queens,authors , got a great memory for music and books and authors , so pretty well rounded , pisses all the quizzes when watching , she earnt 4 grand on the chase on her go , got a couple of questions wrong that she actually knew, 3 got through in total and they had the chase for 18 grand, when it was their turn to answer,one of the blokes just rattled off all the answers and they ended up with a score of 23, anne hegerty was the chaser, probable the toughest one , but with a couple of knock backs they won, 6k each , i got a 100 quid lawn mower hahaha
I was on 15-1, the original version. Didn’t do too well to be honest

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.