The TV Quiz Show Thread

I still remember that BBC apparatchik who, when Raith Rovers had beaten either Celtic or Rangers suggested that their fans would be dancing in the streets of Raith tonight - only to be told by the Scottish reporter that they'd be dancing in the streets of Kirkcaldy! Priceless!
Yes they won the League Cup

have any who are slagging off the "thick morons" been on telly for a quiz ?

my mrs was on the chase a few years ago, she's good general knowledge wise , king and queens,authors , got a great memory for music and books and authors , so pretty well rounded , pisses all the quizzes when watching , she earnt 4 grand on the chase on her go , got a couple of questions wrong that she actually knew, 3 got through in total and they had the chase for 18 grand, when it was their turn to answer,one of the blokes just rattled off all the answers and they ended up with a score of 23, anne hegerty was the chaser, probable the toughest one , but with a couple of knock backs they won, 6k each , i got a 100 quid lawn mower hahaha

have any who are slagging off the "thick morons" been on telly for a quiz ?

my mrs was on the chase a few years ago, she's good general knowledge wise , king and queens,authors , got a great memory for music and books and authors , so pretty well rounded , pisses all the quizzes when watching , she earnt 4 grand on the chase on her go , got a couple of questions wrong that she actually knew, 3 got through in total and they had the chase for 18 grand, when it was their turn to answer,one of the blokes just rattled off all the answers and they ended up with a score of 23, anne hegerty was the chaser, probable the toughest one , but with a couple of knock backs they won, 6k each , i got a 100 quid lawn mower hahaha
I've been on Eggheads - not sure if I've mentioned it before....

Bit harsh. Even if they knew it was in Aberdeenshire, which I highly doubt the vast majority of English people do, it could still conceivably have been on the coast.

Yep. I can name every US state no problem. I can point to any of them on a map. I've never been to the US.

Outside of the major ones, GM/Hampshire/Devon/Cornwall/Norfolk etc, I've no idea about UK counties. Unless they share a name with a city like Oxfordshire. They just don't seem distinct enough to me to make much difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.