The TV Quiz Show Thread

She had about 3 Scottish related questions, I think they do that on purpose, something about haggis was one, she looked older than she was :/
The Beast got the easier questions in the last bit, I hate that, they're professional quizzers, give them the harder ones for god's sake.. rather than do you want set A or B it should be do you want the harder questions or the easier questions?
The thing about that is - and they did this on the Eggheads (I know, I know...) show I was on - is that they say ''I asked if you wanted envelope A or B...." but never show either envelope.
The presenter should hold both envelopes up and clearly place the one not selected down.
It was very intriguing that on my Eggheads show, our captain took the entire 5 Eggheads to 3 sudden death questions on his own. So he had a total of 6 questions to face. I knew the answer to every one of their questions even before (on the first three) the multi choice answers came up. Yet the questions our captain was asked to answer, I hadn't got a clue about any of them and three of them I didn't even understand the question!
That cannot be a coincidence.....

Last edited:
The thing about that is - and they did this on the Eggheads (I know, I know...) show I was on - is that they say ''I asked if you wanted envelope A or B...." but never show either envelope.
The presenter should hold both envelopes up and clearly place the one not selected down.
It was very intriguing that on my Eggheads show, our captain took the entire 5 Eggheads to 3 sudden death questions on his own. So he had a total of 6 questions to face. I knew the answer to every one of their questions even before (on the first three) the multi choice answers came up. Yet the questions our captain was asked to answer, I hadn't got a clue about any of them and three of them I didn't even understand the question!
You were on Eggheads?? Tell us more...
acdc.gif

The thing about that is - and they did this on the Eggheads (I know, I know...) show I was on - is that they say ''I asked if you wanted questions A or B...." but never show either envelope and then put down the envelope not selected and open the one selected.
Scoundrels, I don't want to be too harshbut play fair she wasn't the youngest looking 28 year old you've ever seen

The Chase
Scottish woman asked this question

Q. Which Scottish village rose to prominence after the (year given) Weddings Act of England & Wales?
A. Pass

But fair play to her - she only got one question right but took the £40,000 on offer and beat The Beast to it.

An interesting but maybe a bit boring answer to that question would have been the village of Springfield if it wasn’t for an entrepreneurial Gretna businessman.

The first residential place people from England would originally come to after the marriage act was passed was Springfield and a lot of the very early weddings were conducting there.

Until this guy laid a purpose built road which intentionally bypassed Springfield and led people straight into Gretna Green.

She had about 3 Scottish related questions, I think they do that on purpose, something about haggis was one, she looked older than she was :/
The Beast got the easier questions in the last bit, I hate that, they're professional quizzers, give them the harder ones for god's sake.. rather than do you want set A or B it should be do you want the harder questions or the easier questions?
One of the faults to the A & B option is that in an attempt to make the difficulty level equal the questions are sometimes a bit too similar. For instance, if an answer to a soap opera question in A is ‘Coronation St’ then there will be a soap opera question in B where the answer won’t be the same, thereby giving the chaser a slight advantage, if they need to make a guess. This might not seem much of an advantage but in the quiz world the professionals use every trick in the book. There are usually about 3 or 4 of these types of questions every final chase.

The chaser shouldn’t really hear the contestants’ final round but they obviously do as they make comment.

One of the faults to the A & B option is that in an attempt to make the difficulty level equal the questions are sometimes a bit too similar. For instance, if an answer to a soap opera question in A is ‘Coronation St’ then there will be a soap opera question in B where the answer won’t be the same, thereby giving the chaser a slight advantage, if they need to make a guess. This might not seem much of an advantage but in the quiz world the professionals use every trick in the book. There are usually about 3 or 4 of these types of questions every final chase.

The chaser shouldn’t really hear the contestants’ final round but they obviously do as they make comment.
I never considered that, I can understand why the chaser goes last, probably because it's more dramatic..but I agree, they should have headphones on or something. the style of questions is puzzling sometimes, easy to say you either know it or your don't, but some questions have a clue in them like how many feet does a biped have? And simply because the word has "bi" in it you know the answer is gonna be 2. That Scottish girl got a daft one yesterday though, how many days is in a million seconds?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.