The TV Quiz Show Thread

I never considered that, I can understand why the chaser goes last, probably because it's more dramatic..but I agree, they should have headphones on or something. the style of questions is puzzling sometimes, easy to say you either know it or your don't, but some questions have a clue in them like how many feet does a biped have? And simply because the word has "bi" in it you know the answer is gonna be 2. That Scottish girl got a daft one yesterday though, how many days is in a million seconds?
Or even better, ask the same questions to both the team and then the Chaser who has sat in the back not listening.
You won't get the push backs but if it is a draw, the one who got the least wrong is the winner. If it's the same then the team wins

Or even better, ask the same questions to both the team and then the Chaser who has sat in the back not listening.
You won't get the push backs but if it is a draw, the one who got the least wrong is the winner. If it's the same then the team wins
It sort of works really as it is, I wouldn’t lose the pushbacks. Where it is odd is when it’s 2 or 3 in the final. Having to gel with teammates, especially if they’re likely to buzz in with stupid answers or quick passes, is a big hindrance. Better to be in a 4 (for the head-starts and extra pushback knowledge) or solo. I wonder what the stats show?

It sort of works really as it is, I wouldn’t lose the pushbacks. Where it is odd is when it’s 2 or 3 in the final. Having to gel with teammates, especially if they’re likely to buzz in with stupid answers or quick passes, is a big hindrance. Better to be in a 4 (for the head-starts and extra pushback knowledge) or solo. I wonder what the stats show?
Just to add, I wouldn’t mind the team having the option of adding a knocked out player for half the pot value. Probably the only change I’d make tbh.

That would be fine if the object was to have a completely fair contest. But the point of the programme is entertainment. People like playing along at home. Repeating all the questions would detract from that.

Incidentally, it’s the 2,000 episode of Eggheads this afternoon.

They sort of do, if you watch the first lot and say they ask the guests the first question what is the capital of England when it’s the chasers turn they will ask them a capital if a country. The biggest obstacle is to forget the question you got wrong and not dwell on it many do and they drop off around the middle for about 40 seconds

They sort of do, if you watch the first lot and say they ask the guests the first question what is the capital of England when it’s the chasers turn they will ask them a capital if a country. The biggest obstacle is to forget the question you got wrong and not dwell on it many do and they drop off around the middle for about 40 seconds
Not noticed that before on the first question.... will have my ears peeled now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.