The TV Quiz Show Thread

The Chase
Youngish lad

Q. In 1962 the musician Robert Allen Zimmerman changed his name to

Bob Marley
Bob Dylan
Bob Geldof

A. Bob Geldof

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt due to his age but just goes to show the lack of musical intelligence amongst the X Factor generation
So basically, he went for the only one he had heard of

The Chase
Youngish lad

Q. In 1962 the musician Robert Allen Zimmerman changed his name to

Bob Marley
Bob Dylan
Bob Geldof

A. Bob Geldof

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt due to his age but just goes to show the lack of musical intelligence amongst the X Factor generation
How thick can you be? Everyone (and his dog) knows it's Bob Marley.

Today's Chase final was awful on both sides.

The young lad (see Bob Geldof above) answered Siberia to "the extinct Tasmanian animal (named) came from which country?.

They got 14 right between 3 of them.
The Menace was shite.
Q. Which Hindu festival lasts for 2 days?
He answered Diwali which was wrong.
The 3 chatted, didn't know and one suggested "just say Ramadan, which the captain did!"

Then The Menace was asked what was The Undertones first single and he paused..... and said "Ever fallen' in love with someone".
The team chatted and came back with "My Perfect Cousin", obviously unable to hear me screaming Teenage Kicks....

The Menace deservedly lost, running out of time on 12

The young lad (see Bob Geldof above) answered Siberia to "the extinct Tasmanian animal (named) came from which country?.

The Menace was shite.
The 3 chatted, didn't know and said "just say Ramadan!"

Then The Menace was asked what was The Undertones first single and he paused..... and said "Ever fallen' in love with someone".
The team chatted and came back with "My Perfect Cousin", obviously unable to hear me screaming Teenage Kicks....

Yes I was amazed at the Menace answering with the Buzzcocks legend.

Teenage Kicks - what a debut that was!
Still feel like a teenager even now when I hear it for the squillionth time or so.

The Menace was shite.
The 3 chatted, didn't know and said "just say Ramadan!"

Give us a clue, FFS.

Yes I was amazed at the Menace answering with the Buzzcocks legend.

Teenage Kicks - what a debut that was!
Still feel like a teenager even now when I hear it for the squillionth time or so.
John Peel played Teenage Kicks twice running on his late night show. He recounted how the switchboard lit up with A&R men enquiring about the origin of the amateur tape. The track was recorded and released within a week.
Still in my top ten.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.