The Unthinkable: City V Bolton Semi Final............

I don't like FA Cup semi's played at Wembley. It ruins the whole magic of going to Wembley for the final. The song "we're going to Wembley" now makes no sense as its "we're going to Wembley (and if we win, we're going back to Wembley). I don't like it.

A City-Bolton semi would be played at Anfield. After what happened at Old Trafford in the 2006 semi-final between Liverpool and Chelsea, they're not going to let fans run amok over their rivals territory, and rightly so.

I won't be going to the semi at Wembley, should we reach it.

Wembley is for the FA Cup Final and although I have waited all my life to go to a final, I can wait one more game and save myself £300 plus in process.

It's more a question of watering down the experience, than cost, though.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I won't be going to the semi at Wembley, should we reach it.

Wembley is for the FA Cup Final and although I have waited all my life to go to a final, I can wait one more game and save myself £300 plus in process.

It's more a question of watering down the experience, than cost, though.

Whilst Wembley is a special experience, have to agree on this. Sending two North West clubs to Wembley for a semi not only detracts from the final itself, but is bloody expensive should we get to the final!

Looks like it's near enough a split decision.
However the semi finals will be at Wembley no matter what teams get there.
So there is not much point in whinging about it and we haven't even got to that stage yet! :) if we do get there I guarantee there will be a mad rush for tickets ;)

mcfcmatt said:
First of all that's a way off.
Secondly why do you want to fill the rags pockets?! Are you a few biscuits short of a packet?!
Wembley all the way (if we make the semis).

More concerned about my own pocket than theirs. I'd rather spend a tenner on pies and pints on my own doorstep than £20 on pies and pints at Wembley having spent a further £50 getting there.

-- Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:20 pm --

Happy Feet said:
What score did we beat villa by?

It's a hypothetical scenario obviously....but the OP raises a good point.<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:22 pm --<br /><br />
JoeMercer'sWay said:
We rarely get to go to Wembley...

besides who said we'd be playing Bolton?

Bolton or Everton....the situation would be the same. Two North West clubs having to travel to London.

It may not be 2 north west clubs playing in the semis?!
Anyways

From 2008, mainly for financial reasons and to the disappointment of traditionalists, all semi-finals will be played at the new Wembley Stadium.

So if we get there not much anyone can do about it, that's the deal and no amount of moaning about it will change it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.