The Victory Parade (Merged)

Here's a pre-parade pic I took: the Lord Mayor, Councillor Harry Lyons, with the King of Manchester...

LMRM.jpg

Taggart quite rightly declared best Premiership manager (so far). (Giggs won award, but tried to keep it quiet). All duly reported by media - including this bit: Ferguson, the victim of a taunt by City striker Carlos Tevez during the Blues' title-winning parade in Manchester yesterday,

Whaaaaaaat? Oh, and Utd were "ravaged by injuries" (Rag in MUEN)

But, more to the point, I'm so famous that City filmed me. One day they'll all be showing it to their grandchildren and telling them about the day I turned out to see them.

Parade006.gif

bluwes said:
chaddblue said:
I was near exchange square at the end of the parade.

After they'd passed the bus seemed to vanish!! Did the driver put his foot down and disappear into Cheetham Hill ?!?

more or less..Went down Todd St in front of Victoria Station and away
i passed them heading off down rochdale rd ...empty about half 8ish<br /><br />-- Wed May 16, 2012 1:39 am --<br /><br />
ellibb said:
BringBackSwales said:
Just a question - what was the estimated attendance yesterday? Started reading this thread and it talked about 100k but then went on and on and on about Tevez's poster. It looked there must have been A LOT more than 100k on the streets surely?

On the tv news about 4pm yesterday it said the police were expecting 100k, that's 1 hour before I set off, 2.5 hours before the bus left Albert square and 4 hours before it arrived in exchange square.

Seems like all the media have settled on an estimate before most people had left home

For the record, I reckon at least 150k, the place was crammed
i was speaking to a copper near victoria station and said they were told around 200k so i dont know why its being reported as 100k.
who actually decides? i would have thought it was the old bill?

goatinho said:
bluwes said:
chaddblue said:

After they'd passed the bus seemed to vanish!! Did the driver put his foot down and disappear into Cheetham Hill ?!?

i passed them heading off down rochdale rd ...empty about half 8ish

-- Wed May 16, 2012 1:39 am --

ellibb said:
BringBackSwales said:
Just a question - what was the estimated attendance yesterday? Started reading this thread and it talked about 100k but then went on and on and on about Tevez's poster. It looked there must have been A LOT more than 100k on the streets surely?

On the tv news about 4pm yesterday it said the police were expecting 100k, that's 1 hour before I set off, 2.5 hours before the bus left Albert square and 4 hours before it arrived in exchange square.

Seems like all the media have settled on an estimate before most people had left home

For the record, I reckon at least 150k, the place was crammed
i was speaking to a copper near victoria station and said they were told around 200k so i dont know why its being reported as 100k.
who actually decides? i would have thought it was the old bill?

My workmate and united season ticket holder was in town on Monday, he asked me how many was there, I replied that the reports said about 100,000, his reply was " no way, I've been to all ours and there was easily 200,000 there, it's a top turn out anyway and even better considering you only had a days notice aswell".

Thank fuck some of us have realistic and truthful red mates eh ;-).

Here's my lad's (Alex) video of the parade. Though I say it myself, it is pretty good!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cidFBz2Csfs&list=UUnFeypdkwcA7zE9UWS3XFKQ&index=1&feature=plcp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cidFBz2C ... ature=plcp</a>

Other stuff of Alex's can be viewed on his channel on youtube - just put in '3570xela'

www.maineroadfc.com

No offence meant here chaps but I couldn't give a monkeys how many of us were there, we know they have more fans than us but they are welcome to most of them tbh. As far as I could see on Monday there were loads of blues there, far more than were expected by the authorities by all accounts (see Albert Square closed within half an hour of it being opened) and I'd wager that none had "become" City fans at 4.55pm the day before.

INTERESTING FACT: I drink in a "red pub" in the beautiful borough of Trafford (less than 2 miles from the swamp), the vast majority of the regulars are reds, the landlord & landlady are reds, I could name 50/60 that go in there who would have been wearing United tops on Monday if they'd won, I only know of 8 blues who go in there and 6 of them have season tickets ...... one of the reds has one, and he's German.

bluwes said:
chaddblue said:

Someone said that the bus was seen parked outside the Lowry Hotel.

Prestwich_Blue said:
As we all know, there were 200-250k for their title parade last season and we're a much smaller club so there could have been no more than 100k.

Good job the rain held off then or we would have struggled to even fill Albert Square.
I am told that United get more because their bus tour takes in traditionally strong areas of support and having meandered down the M6 and M1 finally terminates in London sometime the following week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.