The Waiting List

jrb said:
The problem being, how many of those fans that have signed up for the new £299 season tickets will get them?

There's only a limited amount.

Will those fans opt for the dearer season tickets lower down in the 3rd tier or ask for a refund?

The club now has a problem.

Do they turn fans away who have paid their deposits as demand has out-stripped supply, or does the club honour that £299 price/season ticket, regardless of where that seat is in the new South Stand 3rd tier?

And at this rate, the club will have to seriously think about expanding the North Stand as well, or expand the lower tier by 3 rows. 6050 new season tickets holders in 3-4 months is phenomenal, especially when you consider there is well over another year to go until the expansion is complete.

Also. How does that effect current season ticket holders, as the majority are paying well in excess of £500 for their season tickets?(minus Kids/OAP's)

How will they react knowing new season ticket holders are paying less?(not having a pop at our new season ticket holders :-) )

So many questions. :-?
Would be a real shame to choke off growth of the club. Make the most of the good times whilst they are here.

If there were logistical reasons for not building both stands at the same time, why raise it as a possibility in the first place?

Marvin said:
jrb said:
The problem being, how many of those fans that have signed up for the new £299 season tickets will get them?

Will those fans opt for the dearer season tickets lower down in the 3rd tier or ask for a refund?

Do they turn fans away who have paid their deposits as demand has out-stripped supply, or does the club honour that £299 price/season ticket, regardless of where that seat is in the new South Stand 3rd tier?

And at this rate, the club will have to seriously think about expanding the North Stand as well, or expand the lower tier by 3 rows. 6050 new season tickets holders in 3-4 months is phenomenal, especially when you consider there is well over another year to go until the expansion is complete.

Also. How does that effect current season ticket holders, as the majority are paying well in excess of £500 for their season tickets?(minus Kids/OAP's)

How will they react knowing new season ticket holders are paying less?(not having a pop at our new season ticket holders :-) )

Would be a real shame to choke off growth of the club. Make the most of the good times whilst they are here.

If there were logistical reasons for not building both stands at the same time, why raise it as a possibility in the first place?

Having been on the fans consult group I can confirm that the club advised that they absolutely have the capability to do both ends at once (indeed economies of scale make it preferable) - final decision will be based on the size of the list plus their knowledge of "usual" non-renewal numbers.

Purely a personal view but if the list hits 8500-9000 they will have to do both at once but if it stays below 8500 I could see one end only - Maths being 6250 new seats and just over 2000 who don't renew each season for varying reasons

Marvin said:
jrb said:

It would be more efficient to do one after the other wouldn't it? - Being efficient/ cutting out waste is what logistics is about.

Just asking.

Can anyone confirm where the 2000 who don't renew each season comes from?

I find that high, and wouldn't think it's that many. I could be wrong?

In fact, weren't season ticket holders increased from 36,000 to 38,000?

That tells me that the original 36,000 season tickets were annually snapped up, without large loss of renewals.

jrb said:
Just asking.

Can anyone confirm where the 2000 who don't renew each season come from?

I find that high, and wouldn't think it's that many. I could be wrong?

In fact, weren't season ticket holders increased from 36,000 to 38,000?

That tells me that the original 36,000 season tickets were annually snapped up, without large loss of renewals.

I agree it seems high but also seems to be regularly quoted but I guess death, illness, age divorce, employment/financial status, university, emigration etc all adds up

Is this 6000 odd figure just new people that are applying or is it existing season ticket holders wanting to move into the cheaper seats ???

I know a lot of people that would want and always go for the cheaper seats

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Is this 6000 odd figure just new people that are applying or is it existing season ticket holders wanting to move into the cheaper seats ???

I know a lot of people that would want and always go for the cheaper seats

Purely new people.

kbb said:
Marvin said:
jrb said:

Having been on the fans consult group I can confirm that the club advised that they absolutely have the capability to do both ends at once (indeed economies of scale make it preferable) - final decision will be based on the size of the list plus their knowledge of "usual" non-renewal numbers.

Purely a personal view but if the list hits 8500-9000 they will have to do both at once but if it stays below 8500 I could see one end only - Maths being 6250 new seats and just over 2000 who don't renew each season for varying reasons
Any idea when this final decision has to be made by? Perhaps it's open ended as the planning consent is there.

kbb said:

Given that we have 3 months to go before renewals and are still adding a couple of hundred to the list each week, even though the initial
rush has subsided, I think we will be at 8,500 by then. If we assume that a couple of thousand don't renew we will still have 6-6,500 on the list
after renewals with 12 months to go. The worrying thing is that a large proportion of these people will be those wanting the cheaper seats.
Some may of been high on the list but declined existing seats for 2014-15 because they simply couldn't afford them. We are then bound to add
considerably more than 2,000 to the list during the 2014-15 season. I fear jrb and Marvin are both right: we are limiting our growth and risk
upsetting a lot of people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.