The Waiting List

jrb said:
The problem being, how many of those fans that have signed up for the new £299 season tickets will get them?

There's only a limited amount.

Will those fans opt for the dearer season tickets lower down in the 3rd tier or ask for a refund?

The club now has a problem.

Do they turn fans away who have paid their deposits as demand has out-stripped supply, or does the club honour that £299 price/season ticket, regardless of where that seat is in the new South Stand 3rd tier?

And at this rate the club will have to seriously think about expanding the North Stand as well, or expand the lower tier by 3 rows. 6050 new season tickets holders in 3-4 months is phenomenal, especially when you consider there is well over year to go until the expansion is complete.

Also. How does that effect current season ticket holders as the majority are paying well in excess of £500 for their season tickets?(minus Kids/OAP's)

How will they react knowing new season ticket holders are paying less?(not having a pop at our new season ticket holders :-) )

So many questions. :-?
It's my understanding (though I might be mistaken) that current season ticket holders will get first choice on the new, cheaper seats. I seem to remember the club saying season ticket holders will be able to relocate during the usual window ahead of new seasoncards being sold.

John69 said:
jrb said:
The problem being, how many of those fans that have signed up for the new £299 season tickets will get them?

There's only a limited amount.

Will those fans opt for the dearer season tickets lower down in the 3rd tier or ask for a refund?

The club now has a problem.

Do they turn fans away who have paid their deposits as demand has out-stripped supply, or does the club honour that £299 price/season ticket, regardless of where that seat is in the new South Stand 3rd tier?

And at this rate the club will have to seriously think about expanding the North Stand as well, or expand the lower tier by 3 rows. 6050 new season tickets holders in 3-4 months is phenomenal, especially when you consider there is well over year to go until the expansion is complete.

Also. How does that effect current season ticket holders as the majority are paying well in excess of £500 for their season tickets?(minus Kids/OAP's)

How will they react knowing new season ticket holders are paying less?(not having a pop at our new season ticket holders :-) )

So many questions. :-?
It's my understanding (though I might be mistaken) that current season ticket holders will get first choice on the new, cheaper seats. I seem to remember the club saying season ticket holders will be able to relocate during the usual window ahead of new seasoncards being sold.

Your understanding about the existing season ticket holders is correct. But don't forget that not everyone on the Waiting List has opted for the £299 tickets. Also, the Clubs marketing team must be aware how many more supporters are interested in the dearer hospitality seats on level 2, so add together the number on the Waiting List and those who are interested in the new hospitality packages and surely the case is there for a two stand expansion. I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case, if only to maintain the flow of supporters joining the list.

If the numbers are already at 6000+ and the plan continues to just build the South Stand first, then someone has cocked-up.

Provision also has to be made for 1200 visiting away fans who will occupy the top tier, as part of their 3600 allocation.

I suspect the reason City are hedging their bets is because these deposits are not necessarily from 'new or lapsed' fans.

They are probably people who already make up the present 47,000 capacity, but have been locked-out of the 36,000 season ticket limit, pick and choose their games, tempted by the gamble of a £100 deposit for a £299 season ticket.

We have gone on about operation one end for a few years, I actually think it would be good to see what the aesthetics are for 12 months.

Question, what is to stop City also adding the 2000 seats around the perimeter in the close-season?

Surely that would take the capacity to just under 50,000 for the start of the next season and an eventual capacity of 56,250 when the South Stand is completed?

A decent capacity, anywhere.

If standing was finally given the go-ahead, you are talking a capacity well over 60,000 if the bottom tier of the South Stand was to get rail seating, and that's without spending another £40m on the North Stand.

When I went on the waiting list with my dad, we have selected season ticket option of £299-£499, so we could be paying anything in that range, not just the £299.

I don't think the club (or fans) could stand major construction on both ends at the same time - it would too disruptive. Starting the North Stand exactly 1 year after the South Stand makes sense in this respect.

Even the rags didn't do the Shit-ford End and the Rip-Off Shop End at the same time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.