The Waiting List

This optimistic viewpoint is only for the short-term, I believe with the continued fan base growth and projected success of the club, a large amount of fans on here will be priced out in the future, as a ground expansion is limited. For me, I see the ground expansion like the academy, the club showing their forward thinking. There plan is to invest now and rise prices over the next 10 years, to what they want them to be. Having cheap ticket doesn't match the luxury brand and clientele the owners truly desires. I mean how much is a Burger now? So my long term viewpoint is negative, due to a very strong predicted demand increase.[/quote]

Well my long term view is also negative, I think either way we are damned. If the current popularity of football is not maintained we could be sat in a soulless bowl like those at Middlesborough who increased the capacity due to short term success but or now left with a stadium they cant fill or if we do fill it it will be full of saddos with little affinity to City.

Incidentally pal you keep quoting me for things you have written. No problem as in the main we agree but I was wondering why?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
RODDY_CTID said:
blue44 said:
Well if the new prices are to go by there is no evidence an increase in capacity will lower prices, with the lowest the same as the value card. I also think like others many existing ticket holders will move into the £299, leaving many disappointed.

Incidentally if a fan pays a £100 deposit and then is unable to secure a seat in his chosen price bracket will he lose the money or be refunded?

Having many thousand empty seats can also negatively affect the attendance as rightly or wrongly many like to be part of a full crown rather than stuck in empty blocks surrounded by empty seats. Football in the UK is experiencing record attendances but the margins of affordability are becomingly increasingly squeezed and once people lose the habit of attending, potentially they may never return.

The answer has always been safe standing but I appreciate that will probably never happen in the short term.

they will be able to decline and get their deposit back,this is another headache for city in the making,i can see a lot doing this,ie not buying a season card,3 people I know wont do this cos they really feel like myself that all these £299 tickets will go to existing season card holders relocating

Having to refund people should encourage them to lower prices all over the ground. The club should know everyone will want the cheap seats and should lower prices in other areas in an attempt to keep people staying. When I say decrease process i don't mean lower than the value card (I see this as a very fair price), I mean lower other areas around the ground to this price or very near. Many should not want to move, if they can keep there seats and get a large reduction in price.

Well I think there is zero chance of that happening. If these padded seat/access to a bar seats are a hit then expect more of the same behind the goals on level 2.

It's all about making money now sadly.

When you have commercial directors, and sales teams under them then it's all about maximising income, hitting targets and making bonus.

Bit like the banks, they had layers of sales managers all beating the minions with a big stick to sell more products regardless of whether it was right for the customer. Maximise sales, maximise earnings. The customer always comes last in that thinking.

Is like these overpriced food offerings.......how many fans would have given up their ST because they didn't like a pie or a hot dog? The reason this new range was introduced was to increase revenue.

It will continue until the bubble finally bursts and people start walking ( usually when trophies dry up ).

The club then goes cap in hand to all those people it priced out previously but it's too late.

I think ST are right at their limit now but I will guess that prices will rise again next season.[/quote]

Good points Millwall and I agree with much of what you wrote, however:
(A) the ground expansion in itself won't increase ticket prices. The Level 2 prices would have gone up anyway.

(B) it has been about the money for a very long time; and

(C) our owners are very concerned about the reputation of their Abu Dhabi and brazenly exploiting fans isn't part of their bigger agenda.

I don't understand the argument about what we pay in comparison with other clubs. The fact is fans across the country are being ripped off and some loyal supporters are being priced out. If the grounds on matchdays lose what atmosphere they have left or start being half empty because of overpricing then it'll have a knock on effect on the corporate side and the television viewers. The grounds need to be kept full and the majority of the crowds should be the loyal hardcore who bring the atmosphere otherwise the game is going to disappear up its own arse.

franksinatra said:
This optimistic viewpoint is only for the short-term, I believe with the continued fan base growth and projected success of the club, a large amount of fans on here will be priced out in the future, as a ground expansion is limited. For me, I see the ground expansion like the academy, the club showing their forward thinking. There plan is to invest now and rise prices over the next 10 years, to what they want them to be. Having cheap ticket doesn't match the luxury brand and clientele the owners truly desires. I mean how much is a Burger now? So my long term viewpoint is negative, due to a very strong predicted demand increase.

Well my long term view is also negative, I think either way we are damned. If the current popularity of football is not maintained we could be sat in a soulless bowl like those at Middlesborough who increased the capacity due to short term success but or now left with a stadium they cant fill or if we do fill it it will be full of saddos with little affinity to City.

Incidentally pal you keep quoting me for things you have written. No problem as in the main we agree but I was wondering why?[/quote]

Because honestly my English is terrible (as you have probably noticed) so i may not have been clear in some of my earlier points and as i pointed out earlier we do share the same viewpoint, I mean my first statement to you was about how I knowledge the are based of supply and demand (your point), but I wanted the clubs to consider the fans (my first statement to you). Which all links to our similar statements.

My last post just pointing out that I am not optimistic and acknowledgement of the club becoming overly concerned with the middle class fans, explaining why i hate the blue membership, and buying loyalty points.

RODDY_CTID said:
franksinatra said:
This optimistic viewpoint is only for the short-term, I believe with the continued fan base growth and projected success of the club, a large amount of fans on here will be priced out in the future, as a ground expansion is limited. For me, I see the ground expansion like the academy, the club showing their forward thinking. There plan is to invest now and rise prices over the next 10 years, to what they want them to be. Having cheap ticket doesn't match the luxury brand and clientele the owners truly desires. I mean how much is a Burger now? So my long term viewpoint is negative, due to a very strong predicted demand increase.

Because honestly my English is terrible (as you have probably noticed) so i may not have been clear in some of my earlier points and as i pointed out earlier we do share the same viewpoint, I mean my first statement to you was about how I knowledge the are based of supply and demand (your point), but I wanted the clubs to consider the fans (my first statement to you). Which all links to our similar statements.

My last post just pointing out that I am not optimistic and acknowledgement of the club becoming overly concerned with the middle class fans, explaining why i hate the blue membership, and buying loyalty points.

Mate your english if fine do not worry and you make some excellent points.

P.s look above at my comment, that is your comment

If you look at the last few posts, it will say Frank Sinatra wrote (highlighted in light blue) these are actually your words,it looks like I have wrote them on the thread, that is what I was referring too, not a criticim of your writing or viewpoint at all.

I wonder if anyone in authority from the club ever reads this forum. We have some right plonkers on here but mostly we have sensible views and I think it is fair to say that a good many of us are concerned about ticket pricing, the type of fan that is acquiring the tickets and the atmosphere, or lack of, that is becoming more frequent. I have paid to go on the waiting list and will pay up as long as they don't cost any more than 450-500 quid now that I have been lured in with the promise of even cheaper seats. It will be interesting to see how many cheap seats are available and if they ever make it as far as the waiting list!

I'm not sure why it happened, I will try starting it again.

In terms of your Middlesboro situation that I not a true issue in my viewpoint, due to the implications that it will have on their investment. I can not see sheikh mansour or his family running out of money in my lifetime. We are a dubia's communication and publicity outlet, we have to represent the best and luxury. Should football lose its popularity, 48,000 or 60,000 it would be the same outcome. The aspect of Saddo's coming to city is coming in inevitable with the clubs long term ambitions.

The worst thing that could happen is the club starts to disconnect with all fans but they have people to prevent that (although when I see the Clubs Facebook page, I do start to wonder).

I do like the fact we have not mention the failure of the clubs waiting list, in a while.

So you pay your £100 deposit now, when are the actual season cards for sale and when will you be paying for them?

moomba said:
peoffrey said:
bluemoon73 said:
Have a season ticket for me and my boy in the North stand and would love a chance of the cheaper tickets because i'm poor, i can't do this because they want £200 up front and i have not got it, had hoped the scheme would be aimed at people like me.

I don't completely understand the rules but will you not get first choice to relocate to the more affordable section as an existing Seasoncard holder?

I'd guess L2 types would get first bite. Not sure who is next in line, if it is existing ST holders I reckon people on the waiting list will be struggling to get the cheapest ones.

Relocating level 2 first, then existing s/c holders then level 2 relocators get another chance at any vacated seats, then waiting list.
The thought would be that people relocating from level 2 are currently paying more and most would not go for the cheapest but the best they can afford.

blueparrot said:
moomba said:
peoffrey said:
I don't completely understand the rules but will you not get first choice to relocate to the more affordable section as an existing Seasoncard holder?

I'd guess L2 types would get first bite. Not sure who is next in line, if it is existing ST holders I reckon people on the waiting list will be struggling to get the cheapest ones.

Relocating level 2 first, then existing s/c holders then level 2 relocators get another chance at any vacated seats, then waiting list.
The thought would be that people relocating from level 2 are currently paying more and most would not go for the cheapest but the best they can afford.

Its a bit of a flawed assumption IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.