The Waiting List

ive been looking at and comparing seat options for the last few days on the OS seat viewer, there's quite a few seats left in the lower bits on the sides of C/Bell and East lvl 3.
thought they were a good view and price, at £600. there was the odd seat there on rows as low as D-E, but there are a few almost full rows available if anyone wants seats together they are available from rows G-H-I
i went for block 309 when ordering yesterday, and over a few days of back and forth deciding on a seat it didnt look like those seats were selling fast (turning grey on OS~unavailable)

What row?

Is it really true that the expanded Etihad will house 55,000 when Chelsea visit ?.

Our record gate was 47,444 for the visit of QPR.(2012) - when the Stadium was officially capable of holding 47,705. - no doubt the missing 256? seats were for segregation - Security(Showsec).etc...
So for us to house 55,000 we need to have increased the capacity by 7,556. (55,000 minus - 47,444), Have we done that?.

Do we think the Chelsea game will be a 55000 sell out?

Is it really true that the expanded Etihad will house 55,000 when Chelsea visit ?.

Our record gate was 47,444 for the visit of QPR.(2012) - when the Stadium was officially capable of holding 47,705. - no doubt the missing 256? seats were for segregation - Security(Showsec).etc...
So for us to house 55,000 we need to have increased the capacity by 7,556. (55,000 minus - 47,444), Have we done that?.

That'll be nice, and actually, it'd be a bit amazing if it wasn't a sell-out. I know it's mid-August and everything, but it's now just about the biggest match of the season for us (excepting the derby, big for different reasons). But there'll be plenty on this forum who can remember going to derbys with crowds in excess of 60,000, at Maine Road. Amazing thing is, I don't remember ever — and I mean ever — having to buy a ticket in advance for those. Same goes for those at OT in the seventies. You could always squeeze in on the terraces, whether at Maine Rd or at OT. Same goes for matches against Liverpool, whether at Anfield or at our place. And of course, let's not forget it — the club with no history still holds the record for the highest numbers of spectators at a non-international match in England (possibly Scotland too, although I'm aware they used to really pack them in at Celtic Park and Ibrox in the pre-war period).

6,000 in South Stand. Maybe 600 in 3rd Tier, And maybe 1,500 in first 3 rows all around the ground. So an approximate 8000?

• Been to ground this morning for new kits for my lads 1 of which is a season ticket holder like myself. I asked at ticket office can I put my youngest lad on waiting list. The reply was you can buy a season card now which I did I then asked what about the waiting list thought there was 1000's waiting yes there was but didn't take up the option after £299 tickets sold out.not bothered but happy days for my lad.

• Been to ground this morning for new kits for my lads 1 of which is a season ticket holder like myself. I asked at ticket office can I put my youngest lad on waiting list. The reply was you can buy a season card now which I did I then asked what about the waiting list thought there was 1000's waiting yes there was but didn't take up the option after £299 tickets sold out.not bothered but happy days for my lad.
Lucky lad. Used to be a time when you felt guilty about introducing the kids to a lifetime of disappointment. It was all about giving them an education in the realities of life. Learning to cope with disappointment etc.

What a treat for your kid that must have been! I still remember getting my first season ticket, couldn't stop smiling - and we were shite back then!

That'll be nice, and actually, it'd be a bit amazing if it wasn't a sell-out. I know it's mid-August and everything, but it's now just about the biggest match of the season for us (excepting the derby, big for different reasons). But there'll be plenty on this forum who can remember going to derbys with crowds in excess of 60,000, at Maine Road. Amazing thing is, I don't remember ever — and I mean ever — having to buy a ticket in advance for those. Same goes for those at OT in the seventies. You could always squeeze in on the terraces, whether at Maine Rd or at OT. Same goes for matches against Liverpool, whether at Anfield or at our place. And of course, let's not forget it — the club with no history still holds the record for the highest numbers of spectators at a non-international match in England (possibly Scotland too, although I'm aware they used to really pack them in at Celtic Park and Ibrox in the pre-war period).
FA Cup 6th Round City v Stoke March 1934 84,569 - but as you suggested Rangers v Celtic at Ibrox league match in 1939 118,567!!!!

Lucky lad. Used to be a time when you felt guilty about introducing the kids to a lifetime of disappointment. It was all about giving them an education in the realities of life. Learning to cope with disappointment etc.

How true that it. Used to feel sorry for my lad when I dragged him along in the late 90's. Only Blue in his class!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.