The "which famous person died today" thread

Not really pal :-(

The only thing that sticks with me is recalling a professor who said, and I’m paraphrasing here, that we are doomed because of the close proximity of so much of our food and drink that we consume to plastic, in one form or another.
I remember when I first read it thinking, omg, how can a person ever avoid that? I think it’s just not possible.

That’s honestly the only thing I can offer.
Cancer rates are falling though, probably due to less smoking and better outcomes for sufferers......About ten million people die from cancer every year, making it the cause of around one-in-six deaths and one of the largest health problems globally.

1721715465721.png

This system we are in seems like a bit of a stitch up. I'm relating this to my earlier post on the search for an anti malaria vaccine. The tireless and exhausting work carried out by the scientists around the world, is hindered by the search for funding. Whether it's worth the financial investment.
The Oxford research team led by Prof. Sir Adrian Hill, I would say are inches away from a breakthrough, but are handicapped by it's search for sponsors. The emotional investment shown by lead immunologist, Prof Katie Ewer brings back my faith on humanity.
Wonderful people at the mercy of the system.

Well worth a watch.

The Battle to Beat Malaria: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0021dvf via @bbciplayer

Last edited:
That saddens me....

They were outstanding.

They really were and in Levi Stubbs had one of the great frontmen.

Those Holland-Dozier-Holland songs are timeless. The Holland brothers are still alive but most of the greats from that era have gone now but their songs will be played forever.

Cancer rates are falling though, probably due to less smoking and better outcomes for sufferers......About ten million people die from cancer every year, making it the cause of around one-in-six deaths and one of the largest health problems globally.

View attachment 126135
Yes, I’m not sure it’s cancer rates that are falling, but deaths from cancer.

R.I.P Duke Fakir,the last of the original four tops probably the greatest Soul group of all time.
I think he only announced his retirement last week or so. They kept the original line up until the 90s when Lawrence Payton passed away. That gave them the edge over many other great Soul acts imo. RIP sir and thanks for the legacy you're leaving behind

Actress Roberta Taylor died on 6th July, due to an infection caused by a fall two months prior. Known as Inspector Gina Gold from The Bill, which she played very well. I always loved that series and was really disappointed when they stopped it.
Roberta was also in Eastenders too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.