The "which famous person died today" thread

Fancy - she left TV to be a Firefighter at 41. There is no justice where cancer is concerned - RIP Beccy your career does you memory justice and you may stand down your service is done

i had no idea she became a firefighter i only recall her as being a stunning looking woman,rip beccy

Snooker in the 70s and 80s was just the absolute best. Although people bemoan Steve Davis, he was OK and pretty-much a one-off in amongst all the real characters, like these two. It was the 90s when turgid automations, like Stephen Hendry and Peter Ebdon, sucked all the life and enjoyment out of it.
Steve Davis caricature on Spitting Image was known as Steve " Interesting" Davis.
A polar opposite to "Hurricane"Higgins.

Becky Barr.
Lovely looking and brave woman who was a former BBC North West presenter.
RIP Becky
Very very sad that, just been looking back at her Twitter timeline the last few months. She was brave about it for sure, but didn’t sugar coat it either. Really honest posts and likes. I may be wrong but it seems she was diagnosed with terminal abdominal cancer.

I remember thinking what an odd career change it was back in 2019 when she left journalism for fire fighting and there must’ve been a back story to all that, but it all pales really.

Condolences to all her family.

1 in 2. What a shite thing it is.

Very very sad that, just been looking back at her Twitter timeline the last few months. She was brave about it for sure, but didn’t sugar coat it either. Really honest posts and likes. I may be wrong but it seems she was diagnosed with terminal abdominal cancer.

I remember thinking what an odd career change it was back in 2019 when she left journalism for fire fighting and there must’ve been a back story to all that, but it all pales really.

Condolences to all her family.

1 in 2. What a shite thing it is.
It used to be 1 in 5, can you answer that one.

It used to be 1 in 5, can you answer that one.
Not really pal :-(

The only thing that sticks with me is recalling a professor who said, and I’m paraphrasing here, that we are doomed because of the close proximity of so much of our food and drink that we consume to plastic, in one form or another.
I remember when I first read it thinking, omg, how can a person ever avoid that? I think it’s just not possible.

That’s honestly the only thing I can offer.

In 1979 my poor old pop succumbed to the big C. He was 63. The medical profession at the time were telling me that there would be a cure within 5 years. In 1984 I then lost my poor old mum, with the same cancer. she was 66. I suppose that was a warning, give the Woodbine and Park Drive a wide berth.
There's been a lot of money spent in the subsequent years and not a lot to show for it. When my missus asked me back then how I felt, I just said angry, because this is generally man made.

In 1979 my poor old pop succumbed to the big C. He was 63. The medical profession at the time were telling me that there would be a cure within 5 years. In 1984 I then lost my poor old mum, with the same cancer. she was 66. I suppose that was a warning, give the Woodbine and Park Drive a wide berth.
There's been a lot of money spent in the subsequent years and not a lot to show for it. When my missus asked me back then how I felt, I just said angry, because this is generally man made.
There is a heck of a lot of money / employment in cancer research. Is it cynical to suggest a cure found overnight is bad business for those involved in finding the cure?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.