The World Cup Final.

I think the biggest problem with Argentina is the fact they solely play to accommodate Messi. It has gotten to the point where they rely so much on him that if he doesn't turn up then the team doesn't play well.

IMO the manager has to be held accountable for that. Argentina are not Barcelona, they do not have an Iniesta and Xavi to keep possession. However what they do have is two exceptional wingers in Di Maria and Lavezzi who should be the focus of the team. They should be utilising Messi in a manner which allows the team to flourish and at times gives him more space. Instead the tactics seems to be let Messi do his magic. The chance right at the end from Biglia summed it up, instead of shooting he went for the difficult pass to Messi and knocked it out of play.

Messi is still without doubt the greatest player of my generation at least but he and his teams need to get back to basics. Let Barca and Argentina focus on the whole team approach and he will thrive on the space he will be afforded. But if they continue overlooking the strengths of their team to accommodate Messi then he will soon be on the decline.

Hamann Pineapple said:
BsdQLrKCcAA0KhX.jpg

....and he's not got work in the morning. Twat

Chick with a dick ?

TonyM said:
Disappointed for Zabba and MDM - they deserved to be on the winning team.

I felt for Aguero for the fact that he was knackered after 10 mins. How different it could have been if he had been fully fit.

Hope they are proud of their efforts once the dust settles.

How do you work that out? Did you even watch the game?

waspish said:
agyeiboateng said:
Tevez should have went
would have offered far more than the other strikers io

Agree Tevez is more in the mould of Maradona works his bollocks of unlike Messi

They were always going to play Messi, so it would have been Higuain, Lavezzi, or Aguero left behind to make way for Tevez.

Take your pick...

Lavinda Past said:
waspish said:
agyeiboateng said:
Tevez should have went
would have offered far more than the other strikers io

Agree Tevez is more in the mould of Maradona works his bollocks of unlike Messi

They were always going to play Messi, so it would have been Higuain, Lavezzi, or Aguero left behind to make way for Tevez.

Take your pick...

I'd have left Palacio.

In fact, I'd rather have taken Franco Di Santo than Palacio.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.