The World Cup Final.

I want Argentina to win and I think they will. Their team is tough as nails. Zaba, Mascherano, Demichelis, Biglia are all BAMFs. Germany is more rested but they were not tested against the wreck that was Brazil.

super_city_si said:
You have to disregard the brazil game as an anomaly. Germany have been methodical as per usual but by no way have they been overly impressive. They were taken to extra time by Algeria. I agree that the germans are favourites but ive not seen anything to suggest Argentina cant beat them.

They weren't that good until Low got his head together and put Lahm and RB and Khedira in midfield as should be the case. Plus Klose up front so Muller can play wide made a difference too. Prior to that the German team didn't have pace and were playing too narrow, but they've corrected that now.

mcmanus said:
Argentina v Germany.

....... and Zabaleta is playing.

Who d'ya wanna win Blues?

At the start of the tournament I posted that I wanted Argentina to win because of Kun and Zabba. I didn't mention Martin because I did not expect him to get a game but since his selection he has made a tremendous difference to the Argentina defence.

So Argentina for me with THREE World Cup winner's medals for our trio.

I want the argies to win, but like others have said, Germany will win it. They seem very well drilled and disciplined

mac said:
Ray78 said:
mac said:
Hi ray ,waht score will it be so I can put a bet on.lol.
Gers maybe favourites but most people said tonight that vagina would put in a master tactician showing.

True but the extra time for Argentina and the extra day's rest for Germany will play a huge part,
I hope not ray. For our lads sake.
It's not like they've ran back-to-back marathons in the desert. A day off, a few ice baths, a few massages, a few light jogging sessions and a few good nights' sleeps and they'll be fine. It's not 'til Sunday.

Two things that make me think despite the overwhelming feeling to the contrary, Argentina may do it. Firstly, no Euro team winning a world cup in the Americas, but secondly because they just haven't been that good all tournament. I don't think anyone has been great, and Germanys demolition of Brazil was probably 80% Brazils fault, but everyone bar Argentina seems to have had a game they clicked in. Maybe the final will be theirs.

Christ I'd love to see Zaba lift the world cup though. That would be the most glorious sight in football.

Anyone know the difference between Golden boot and top goalscorer?

I thought they were the same thing but there are 2 betting markets

This is not a forgone conclusion. Brazil were fucking awful, as we all know, especially in defence.
Argentina will be more resilient. Even a shit Brazil side proved the Germans could be got at, early
in the 2nd half. I'm putting that semi down to one of those thing that happen once in a while.
The final will be close. IMO. Come on Argentina.

On paper everything about Germnay looking the better bet looks right. I just think that in a final everything goes out the window. I would expect 80% of the stadium, if not more, to be willing Argentina on. True, the whole stadium was willing Brazil on the other night. But Brazil were a joke team — they just didn't turn up. This will be very, very different. Funnily enough, I expect Argentina to win this, now that they've got this far, on their own continent, more than I expected them to do it against Holland.
Whatever transpires, I'm obviously supporting the Albiceleste, totally.

chris85mcfc said:
Anyone know the difference between Golden boot and top goalscorer?

I thought they were the same thing but there are 2 betting markets

Maybe the golden boot winner is won with goals and assists if its a tie on just goals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.