The World Cup Final.

Really want the Argies to win because imagine the confidence boost it would give Aguero and co. Zabs deserves it too because he has been absolutely fantastic. Demi also got all that stick this year and the next thing you know he is a Champion of England and could be a World Cup winner.... As for the Germans they are a machine but Brazil were absolutely shite the other night and made them look brilliant. It's a tough one to call because I don't think there has been a proper winner, all of the teams have suffered from poor performances here and there.

Argentina though winning the World Cup in Brazil, they should be pretty motivated to get it done I would imagine!

I'm not sure who I want to win. The Germans for smugness, because I predicted it before the tournament (also predicted they'd beat Brazil in the semis and Argentina in the final). Argentina because City players play for them. Germany because they're European, and it shuts up the annoying "European teams can't win in South America" types. Both of them are fairly decent, honest teams by today's standards, so I wouldn't mind either winning it tbh. But I think Germany are the better team, even if Argentina probably have the better individual players.

Originals said:
chris85mcfc said:
Anyone know the difference between Golden boot and top goalscorer?

I thought they were the same thing but there are 2 betting markets

Maybe the golden boot winner is won with goals and assists if its a tie on just goals.

This is correct. Think Muller is one behind James Rodriguez but has one more assist at present. So needs to score a goal to match top goalscorer. he would win the golden boot due to more assists.

Despite the City connections, I will be donning my lederhosen, drinking Wobbly and cheering on ze Germans :-)

Germany 4 - 0 Argentina, that is my prediction. That is banking on Messi not turning up and even if he did i doubt it will stop the Germans tbh.

If it is 2-0 at half time to the Germans then it is going off as it will probably be a shit tentative match.
I think they have been the best team also, solid and getting better as the cup progresses, Argies have scraped it a bit to often imo. So with that they will be deserved winners most likely.

Best thing about Argentina is that they're in the final without really playing well all tournament. If they play like they did last night though Germany will win, without Mascherano it would have been a different story.

GHoddle said:
super_city_si said:
You have to disregard the brazil game as an anomaly. Germany have been methodical as per usual but by no way have they been overly impressive. They were taken to extra time by Algeria. I agree that the germans are favourites but ive not seen anything to suggest Argentina cant beat them.

They weren't that good until Low got his head together and put Lahm and RB and Khedira in midfield as should be the case. Plus Klose up front so Muller can play wide made a difference too. Prior to that the German team didn't have pace and were playing too narrow, but they've corrected that now.
Great points, I'd forgot about those changes. They have a much better shape with Lahm and Mueller down the right. Why he put Lahm in the middle to start with is mind boggling.

With a traditional affiliation to Germany and three City players in the Argentina squad, I am in awin-win situation.

I really don't mind who wins, as long as it's a good game, though, with so much at stake, I doubt that it will be.

Germany has been the best team so far, but Argentina isn't in the final by accident.

super_city_si said:
GHoddle said:
super_city_si said:
You have to disregard the brazil game as an anomaly. Germany have been methodical as per usual but by no way have they been overly impressive. They were taken to extra time by Algeria. I agree that the germans are favourites but ive not seen anything to suggest Argentina cant beat them.

They weren't that good until Low got his head together and put Lahm and RB and Khedira in midfield as should be the case. Plus Klose up front so Muller can play wide made a difference too. Prior to that the German team didn'mt have pace and were playing too narrow, but they've corrected that now.
Great points, I'd forgot about those changes. They have a much better shape with Lahm and Mueller down the right. Why he put Lahm in the middle to start with is mind boggling.

Probably because he plays in midfield for Bayern.

mancity dan said:
Originals said:
chris85mcfc said:
Anyone know the difference between Golden boot and top goalscorer?

I thought they were the same thing but there are 2 betting markets

Maybe the golden boot winner is won with goals and assists if its a tie on just goals.

This is correct. Think Muller is one behind James Rodriguez but has one more assist at present. So needs to score a goal to match top goalscorer. he would win the golden boot due to more assists.

Fuck. Got Germany to win it and Rodriguez golden boot, so im hoping Germany win but Muller doesn't score

Having said that I actually would prefer Argentina to win it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.