4. Field hockey - Callum Giles
5. Tennis - Sampras/Agassi
6. Volleyball - Misty Mae Trainor
7. Table Tennis - Boris
8. Baseball - Alex Rodriguez
9. American Football - Tom Brady
9. Rugby - Will Carling?
10. Golf - Tiger Woods
If you are picking Boris for No7, you need to change it to Wiff Waff.....!

Obviously all subjective to your age
As a 50 year old bloke, I have a little trouble with people who people nominate Maradona for football, as you never got to see him, bar a WC every 4 years, and the very odd occasion Football Italia showed Napoli, on a Sunday. There simply wasn't enough exposure, at that time.

So, as 50 year old

Football. Phil Jon..... sorry, Messi

Golf. Woods #

Boxing. Tyson##

RL Hanley or Langer... can't make my mind up

Cricket. Warne. You just breathed a MASSIVE sigh of relief, when he wasn't bowling

Then there's the sports I couldn't give two fucks about, but still have seen.

F1 Senna
Tennis. Samprass
Snooker. Hendry
Darts. Taylor (spits)
Athletics. Michael Johnson (he made it look easy)

# at the risk of contradicting myself, because of age, I'd go for Jack (watching old, readily available repeats). He was playing week on week against legends, Watson, Palmer, Player, Seve,... Woods just used to beat up Mickelson, Els, Singh, etc. There's a world of difference

##again, because of age contradiction, I'd go for Ali. Again, in his time, there were greats. Tyson just used to hammer fat Yanks like Jesse Ferguson, etc. The heavyweight division was poor, when Tyson was in his pomp

Remember though it’s icons not who you have seen or thought was the best. Ali for instance pisses the boxing category whether you have seen him fight or not, same with babe Ruth or joe DiMaggio. I have never watched baseball and I never will but I know them two. That’s the sign of an icon.

Remember though it’s icons not who you have seen or thought was the best. Ali for instance pisses the boxing category whether you have seen him fight or not, same with babe Ruth or joe DiMaggio. I have never watched baseball and I never will but I know them two. That’s the sign of an icon.

Ok
Golf Jack
Boxing Ali

Boxing - Ali
Football - Messi
Tennis - Federer
Cricket - Bradman
Golf - Woods
Rugby - Lomu
Basketball - Jordan

Good list football is a tough one

I thought about that one for very long.

Messi’s lack of achievement in international football made me think twice.

Maradona’s drug scandal keeps him off top spot for me.

Pele is overrated.

I was thinking Cruyff for his ideas to football.

I might actually change it to Cruyff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.