The worst thing about farcical officiating

Fantastic post mate.

Also the factor that according to the UN report here

Amount staked legally on sports per year ~$40 billion
Amount staked illegally on sports per year ~ $340 billion - $1.7 trillion
I was posting about UK top league football and UK bookmakers, how the fuck you two have got to this point is bollocks and fuck all to do with my origin point.

I don't expect City to do anything. They think silence is a form of strength (like not making much a fuss of the hacking or the changing of rules around ffp after we had submitted accounts). When it actually is quite meek.
We are a bit of a willing punchbag. It's hardly viewed as Ghandi's non-violent resistance.

Last edited:
The offside rule changes have done nothing to improve the game. Instead they have made it more unfair to all concerned. Under current rules half a dozen players could be offside but providing they do not touch the ball a seventh player could come through and score. It beggars belief on the stupidity of the games' lawmakers. They need to explain what they are hoping to achieve.
Drama, talking points and headlines. Also to justify the wages they steal.

30 years experience in the UK gambling industry, I know what goes on, I’ve got an empirical view of it as well as hard data. I doubt you have any evidence other than what you have read.

Go into your local betting shop and try and get £50 on a greyhound running at a track not being televised, you won’t get it on. That’s the very base level of risk liability, the more sophisticated irregularities are met with equal resistance built on years of experience. These are blue chip businesses that manage their risk. Suffice to say I’m sure there’s a small level of corruption at lower levels but that’s a minor level which would involve relatively small sums and if bets were winning consistently it would be flagged and action taken.
Again, we are talking about completely different things.

And, for reference, I have over 20 years of experience analysing financial data, modelling different forms of financial systems (including with a specific focus on identifying irregular patterns in financial reporting), and building evidence of different types of financial fraud in many different industries.

I also have direct knowledge of manipulation occurring in La Liga, specifically at Barcelona and (unfortunately) Real Zaragoza (though, they are no longer in La Liga).

I have also heard through the grapevine of manipulation in the PL, Championship, and SPL.

And I am not naive enough to believe the UK top flight is some bastion of ethical behaviour and fair competition, completely free of match manipulation for the purposes of maintaining and enhancing the product, in contrast with literally every other football league in the world.

One of the worst things is after that shambles I refuse to be interested in anything to do with football today..Misses thinks its great sitting watching digging for Britain together.
Kill me now
Haven’t watched any of the games today as I hate reality television (I think partially scripted spectacle based entirely around manufacturing drama and controversy for social media engagement and water cooler discussion is the most moronic genre of the performing arts).

You know it’s bad when Liverpool fans think we got screwed. I’ve talked two Arsenal fans, two Liverpool fans, and one Real Madrid fan in the last 24 hours and they all think offsides was the right call.

and substitute the word " amazing " for " bad " to understand the enormity of the fuck up / corruption by the **** in charge !

Again, we are talking about completely different things.

And, for reference, I have over 20 years of experience analysing financial data, modelling different forms of financial systems (including with a specific focus on identifying irregular patterns in financial reporting), and building evidence of different types of financial fraud in many different industries.

I also have direct knowledge of manipulation occurring in La Liga, specifically at Barcelona and (unfortunately) Real Zaragoza (though, they are no longer in La Liga).

I have also heard through the grapevine of manipulation in the PL, Championship, and SPL.

And I am not naive enough to believe the UK top flight is some bastion of ethical behaviour and fair competition, completely free of match manipulation for the purposes of maintaining and enhancing the product, in contrast with literally every other football league in the world.
I'd be very interested to know what you may have heard. I have my suspicions ;-)

(EDIT: Is it Spurs? I've just seen the OG)

I'd be very interested to know what you may have heard. I have my suspicions ;-)
I can’t really share exact details, to avoid creating potential issues for Bluemoon, but I can say that for one instance, an employee of a prominent accounting firm told me that a certain club was effectively caught fabricating revenue and artificially inflating asset valuations to compensate for book losses beyond the pandemic-expanded allowances in one of their recent annual disclosures and it was quietly dealt with, not even suspended punishment was enforced (even though it is outlined in the league’s club management and financial rules), and draconian NDAs were required to be signed by all involved.

From what I understand, if the rules in place for such fabrication were followed, it would have had a material impact on said club’s operations and could have potentially impacted playing staff.

I can’t really share exact details, to avoid creating potential issues for Bluemoon, but I can say that for one instance, an employee of a prominent accounting firm told me that a certain club was effectively caught fabricating revenue and artificially inflating asset valuations to compensate for book losses beyond the pandemic-expanded allowances in one of their recent annual disclosures and it was quietly dealt with, not even suspended punishment was enforced (even though it is outlined in the league’s club management and financial rules), and draconian NDAs were required to be signed by all involved.

From what I understand, if the rules in place for such fabrication were followed, it would have had a material impact on said club’s operations and could have potentially impacted playing staff.
I totally appreciate you can't say for obvious reasons.

It certainly highlights that corruption in sport doesn't always have to be on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.