The worst thing about farcical officiating

I’ve just rewatched the match—because I am a masochist—and the officiating was even worse than I remembered.

Nearly everything went for United, even ignoring that farcical goal.

50/50 challenges? 80% to United.
Penalty claims? 100% to United.
Offside calls? 90% to United.
Fouls-to-Bookings? 100% to United.

They had 15 fouls and only 3 yellow cards, with Malacia puting in about 5 of them on Mahrez with no booking. And they had many other fouls that weren’t called. We had 5 fouls.

Phil was immediately flagged for very tight offsides by the same ref that kept his flag down for the Interpretative Movement Ghost Goal.

The bias toward United is so blatant the only explanation is that the league just doesn’t care how obvious it. They aren’t even trying to hide it. And with the United support through the industry and world, the ‘cry more’ drama and controversy at City’s expense is perhaps exactly what they wanted.

It’s infuriating.

I’ve just rewatched the match—because I am a masochist—and the officiating was even worse than I remembered.

Nearly everything went for United, even ignoring that farcical goal.

50/50 challenges? 80% to United.
Penalty claims? 100% to United.
Offside calls? 90% to United.
Fouls-to-Bookings? 100% to United.

They had 15 fouls and only 3 yellow cards, with Malacia puting in about 5 of them on Mahrez with no booking. And they had many other fouls that weren’t called. We had 5 fouls.

Phil was immediately flagged for very tight offsides by the same ref that kept his flag down for the Interpretative Movement Ghost Goal.

The bias toward United is so blatant the only explanation is that the league just doesn’t care. They aren’t even trying to hide it. And with the United support through the industry and world, the ‘cry more’ drama and controversy at City’s expense is perhaps exactly what they wanted.

It’s infuriating.
I'm not sure that it's the league just "don't care". I'd say they are ACTIVELY encouraging it.

In the whole of the Premier League era, City have been awarded one penalty against United, that was at the Etihad in 2007, which we missed! Someone mentioned they have had 12 since 2007, be interested how many they have had against us in the 31 years of the Premier League if anyone knows? The words “in plain site“ come to mind.

A similar thing happened in the first half. A ball came Rashford’s way, clearly in an offside position and he refrained from touching it initially, knowing as soon as he did, the flag would go up. But then he couldn’t resist anymore and kicked it anyway. No doubt if Fernandez was a fraction of a second later on the scene, he would have shot himself.
taking into account his normal efforts ..........................he would have missed !

All that help and they are still shit. It’s almost like they have never been a good footballing team. Getting help like that must drop standards. No wonder the players put in half hearted performances for so many years. Probably well know at the club, send fergie the red nose **** to have a quiet word with the ref. Still harping on about 99. Fuck the lot of them. Their not a proper club, more interest in the stock market and leveraged buyouts these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.