The worst thing about farcical officiating

Its hard for me to believe its corrupt , i dont want to believe it more so. But where there is money there is corruption.

I often think back to when Leicester won the league. That was incredible for the prem brand. Plucky underdogs etc

And where as ive no problem with leic winning it, huth and morgan , their 2 centre halves , fouled and pushed their way through that season with total impunity. At corners and free kicks they had free reign to do what they wanted
Maybe my paranoia who knows. But i often wonder were refs told to turn a blind eye

I’ve just rewatched the match—because I am a masochist—and the officiating was even worse than I remembered.

Nearly everything went for United, even ignoring that farcical goal.

50/50 challenges? 80% to United.
Penalty claims? 100% to United.
Offside calls? 90% to United.
Fouls-to-Bookings? 100% to United.

They had 15 fouls and only 3 yellow cards, with Malacia puting in about 5 of them on Mahrez with no booking. And they had many other fouls that weren’t called. We had 5 fouls.

Phil was immediately flagged for very tight offsides by the same ref that kept his flag down for the Interpretative Movement Ghost Goal.

The bias toward United is so blatant the only explanation is that the league just doesn’t care how obvious it. They aren’t even trying to hide it. And with the United support through the industry and world, the ‘cry more’ drama and controversy at City’s expense is perhaps exactly what they wanted.

It’s infuriating.

That’s the game I watched and is usually the same game we play against every team we get fuck all! We never get a Homer like other clubs and like what pep says we have to much better than any team

Its hard for me to believe its corrupt , i dont want to believe it more so. But where there is money there is corruption.

I often think back to when Leicester won the league. That was incredible for the prem brand. Plucky underdogs etc

And where as ive no problem with leic winning it, huth and morgan , their 2 centre halves , fouled and pushed their way through that season with total impunity. At corners and free kicks they had free reign to do what they wanted
Maybe my paranoia who knows. But i often wonder were refs told to turn a blind eye
Juve got done with far less controversial decisions going in their favour!!

Gallagher saying 'ah thats only a bulletin point...blah blah, there's 4'

The offside law clearly uses the word 'OR' not 'AND'

'making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball'

Its so blindingly obvious that the goal had to be ruled out for offside-it is completely indefensible.
This is whats pissing me off. They are deliberately ignoring the law as its written.

we need to score the same goal Haaland running 20 yards offside and ignore defenders stopping to play even the whistle and create a scene if someone like Foden coming from onside to actually score it.
if they dont award nt send in Carson to KO the 4th ref for a start.
Haaland would be (and has been) immediately flagged offside before he (and our other players) got anywhere near goal, just as Phil was against United (by the same linesman).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.