"The Yaya Toure Conundrum"

Yaya Toure at 60% is better than Garcia or Rodwell at 100% for me, he is one of, if not the best player in the premier league.

Rocket Sauce said:
MCFC BOB said:
So you think it's a good idea to play football in Africa during the summer? There's no other time they can play it (although I will give it you that this year they're in a country that is colder in the summer than other areas of Africa but they can't just move it to the summer this time around because they're in South Africa).

It's frustrating but it's not stupid.

Just to clarify, you do know that it will be summer in South Africa when the ACON is played, right?
I was wrong on that part but my point still stands.

He was back to his best against Newcastle.......

....and soon he leaves for the ACON!!!!

Typical.

blueste41 said:

Typical.

if that is the case then he really isn't as good as some seem to think he is. He played some fantastic through balls in the first half but he gave the ball away far too often and far too easily at a time when we were under the cosh and needed to keep possession for a while. Tired he may be but he has never busted a gut to get goal-side when we don't have the ball. That said I wouldn't get rid of him.

andyblai1964 said:
blueste41 said:

Typical.

if that is the case then he really isn't as good as some seem to think he is. He played some fantastic through balls in the first half but he gave the ball away far too often and far too easily at a time when we were under the cosh and needed to keep possession for a while. Tired he may be but he has never busted a gut to get goal-side when we don't have the ball. That said I wouldn't get rid of him.

To have the balls to pretend that he may not be as good as his reputation makes it think,
you, my friend, are desperately clueless.
Any manager would give his nut-sac in a heartbeat to have Yaya in his squad.

Yes, he's still got a fair margin of improvements to make before reaching his top form and quality of late spring 2012.
Yet he obviously played much better those past two games.

He's pretty much irreplaceable for us. Sure there's times he looks lethargic and not overly interested in tracking back. That's just the way he is. Probably the worst header of a ball for a man his size I've ever seen, but in no way should that be any reflection of just how important he is to us. Unlike Mario yaya has made one of the biggest, if not the biggest contribution to our rise to the summit. Already assured legendary status for me!

Ric said:
New article by David Mooney on the blog now:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/index.php/2012/12/13/the-yaya-toure-conundrum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/ind ... conundrum/</a>

Well, IF we'd bought the player I wanted in the summer - Dembele - then it wouldnt be a problem now or in the future. Yet another example of our abysmal transfer policy...............

Agree with David Mooney about Yaya's inconsistent defensive cover on the right side. He is at his best when he goes into "beast mode" with his forward surges past midfielders & defenders. The answer is to free him from responsibility of guarding space in front of back 4, which GB does so excellently on the left. A fit Milner can do the midfield patrolling job on the right side. Milner and Barry played the roles in the home game v Sunderland (an easy win) and the pattern of the team looked much better for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.