"The Yaya Toure Conundrum"

We especially missed Yaya last year because we played the FA Cup game against United and the 2 semi finals against Liverpool.

He missed 5 league games. We won 4 of those and dropped 3 points at Everton. In the 5 league games before the ACN we dropped 5 points, in the 5 league games after the ACN we dropped 5 points.

We'll miss him. but shouldn't get carried away about it.

Tony Adcock said:
Make him captain..... Simple.
Funny, isn't it? I missed the teams walking out and assumed that Zaba was captain. The decision to give Yaya the armband was, however, a very good move. Think I only saw his 'complaining' face just the once, early on, and I don't think he tried to barge anyone 'by mistake'! Long may his footballing skills continue to do the talking.

the goats backside said:
The_Maverick said:
ZZmaestro said:
Arsenal away and Liverpool at home won't be a walk in the park without Yaya in the pitch, i garrantee you that ...

You're right, but then again I wouldn't expect them to be a walk in the park with him on the pitch either.

Sit in the dark

Sorry but what is your point?

FantasyIreland said:
I think he's an arse if he goes to the AFCON,should get his priorities right and help the club that employs and needs him.

Joke of a competition anyway.
Fantasy, I expected more :(

I usually like DM's stuff but honestly, I stopped reading after 'consider dropping Yaya Toure'.

There are maybe 3 or 4 players in the Prem who could have pulled off that through ball for the first goal and we have two of them, it was magnificent. I have fingers and toes crossed that when push comes to shove, he will consider giving ACON a miss this time, didnt they just play the fucking thing last season?

In fairness to the OP and his article many of us, myself included thought that Yaya had been on a run of bad games where his contributions where getting less and less. I'm also pretty sure the OP is as happy as anyone that Yaya decided to have a world class performance after the united game, I know I certainly am.

No one doubted his ability, it was just for a few games he wasn't showing it and something needed to be done to kick him into gear, turned out that it was sadly loosing to the scum that did the trick.

Mancini rates him highly. Probably the first name on the team sheet for any major games. Simply a match changer when it matters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.