Theo Walcott? ..

PistonBlue said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Damocles said:
His open play goal conversation from Big Chances percent last year was 46.6%. A Big Chance is a chance that somebody should be reasonably expected to score

Sinclair for example, was 57%.

The best midfielder in the league was Nani at 110% (i.e., he scored the same number that he was expected to, plus a couple out of nothing). Lampard is the second best with 100%.
The best City midfielder on this front is Silva with 60%

Walcott is absolutely not clincal

I didn't say he was clinical, I said he was pretty composed in front of goal. Stats don't tell you everything, I'd want to see the "big chances" he missed to properly judge whether his finishing was awful rather than just look at a percentage.

Stats like that don't mean much really. I mean who is the judge on what constitutes a 'big chance' and what doesn't? Where is the dividing line? It's just not as simple as that imo.

Opta, and they have strict definitions for it.

For the record, 4 of the big chances that Walcott missed that year were one on one with the keeper. Twice he put it into the keeper, twice he missed the target completely.

lionheart said:
leewill31 said:
so do we reckon the Sinclair deal has stalled because of the contract news with walcott? that's how i see it anyway!
You are bonkers. The Sinclair deal stalled because we made the mistake of selling AJ before agreeing a fee with Swansea. Elementary error only City would make. We won't be getting Walcott, as Wenger is simply trying to call his bluff.

im bonkers lol ok and here is you telling me that you know what your talking about....

Danamy said:
A lad that's hungry but going stale at his club, in need of a fresh challenge, why not?

He's at his best when in tight positions around the box, interlinking with front men, sound familiar?

Also what a dream for a counter attack, Aguero, Tevez and Walcott........hold on i've just dribbled.
I'am in

Danamy said:
A lad that's hungry but going stale at his club, in need of a fresh challenge, why not?

He's at his best when in tight positions around the box, interlinking with front men, sound familiar?

Also what a dream for a counter attack, Aguero, Tevez and Walcott........hold on i've just dribbled.

So, we pass Aguero, Tevez, Aguero, Silva, Yaya, Tevez, through to Walcott...sidefoot pass to opposing cb, groan from crowd, everytone sets off running back towards their own goal..

That's the usual, outcome I see for Arsenal & England.

Would be happy with thi. Alot to improve on technically but would certainly give us an option we don't currently have. Think he needs a new club to improve.

The current batch of wingers at the minute are mostly speed first ability to cross a distance second, the best crosser i think we hve been linked with is juan manuel vargas he in my opinion in one of the best crossers of the ball around at the minute he is pretty quick too.

If it weren't for his pace Walcott would be a player in a division or even a few divisions below. He lacks awareness and his pace is too fast for his mind at times.

I don't rate him particularly highly.

Neville Kneville said:
Danamy said:

So, we pass Aguero, Tevez, Aguero, Silva, Yaya, Tevez, through to Walcott...sidefoot pass to opposing cb, groan from crowd, everytone sets off running back towards their own goal..

That's the usual, outcome I see for Arsenal & England.

I don't know why you bother getting up in the mornings?......are you happy breathing?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.