These last fifteen years

It’s been incredible and we are so lucky it happened to us
I can remember being a young teenager sat with my dad and grandad watching United tonk us 5-0 and whingeing about the bashing I was going to get in school ( I’ve always been the only blue in all my groups of mates to this day )
It led to my dad and granddad arguing after my grandad told me along the lines of “ you tell them I remember us beating them 5-0 at their place back in 1943 “ ( probably not exact but something like that ) and my old fella saying what good that going to do him tomorrow and rolling his eyes.
I remember saying I’m just annoyed cos they get to have all these great days and trips to Wembley and I’ll never see City ever win a trophy
So for us to have done what we’ve done in these last 15 years really was beyond my wildest dreams
The start of it all really does stand out more than the rest for me though, the 2 seasons we won the FA cup then the league will never be matched for me even if we won the quadruple
The signings, Agueros debut, the FA cup semi against United, the 1-0 Kompany header game v United, the 6-1 at the swamp, Newcastle away Toure, the songs, it was probably the happiest 2 years of my life
Since those days I’ve never called a player or manager or manager’s decision, I’ve had my opinions on who I rate or don’t and will give it on here but I will never in conversation say “ such and such was shit today “
There’s just so many positives to take from 99% of games it amazes me the first thing people want to do is criticise
Grealish was quiet today and had no effect on the game yet an 18 year old local academy lad just bossed the midfield, why would your first comment on the game be “ Grealish is shit “

You’re experiencing more than 99.9% of football fans ever will, appreciate it and enjoy it fellas,

A win today will destroy a few hearts around the league so fingers crossed, just hope he doesn’t start that fuckin Nunes, can’t believe we paid 60 million for that show pony
You’ve never called a player in your life according to above and then you end by slagging off Nunes. Sad

Born in 74 i think my generation had the worse of it. Missed the mercer glory years and the relative success of the 70s, i had the 80s onwards which was mostly heart breaking.
I had amazing days , i was lucky dad took me to every home game and lots of aways and saw some amazing games, charlton 5-1, bradford 1-1 etc but into the 2000s id had enough and after one derby drubbing i properly saw my arse and bollocked my dad, asking him why he made me a blue (there was no choice it was his great grandad that set those wheels in motion in 1898!!). Told him he had made my life a misery

Now every time we win something he reminds me i said that, as though he knew what was coming and it was all part of some sort of masterplan

Realistically there is only the Club World Cup left.

After that we are talking comparing this City team with best rival teams from different eras. I believe we are already the best ever on these shores and perhaps the 4th best anywhere ever with the potential to be higher while Pep remains.

Obviously there will always be historical trophy counts to look at but stand alone records are more interesting I think like winning the treble and 100 points.

What has already happened is beyond anything anybody could have imagined, not just what was achieved but how and when it was done and the stories behind it all.

Remember the guy interviewed after 93.20 “It’s too much, it’s too much”

It's funny but I was thinking back to this just the other day. Those of us around then and still here have lived through the two greatest periods in our history. We won every trophy available back then, even a European one. The Cup Winners cup may have been second to the European cup but it was still a major trophy. Like the European cup you had to have won a trophy to compete in it, not like the champions league now. The fairs cup was one that you went into based on league positions.

The club should do a documentary on the fans who've witnessed both successful eras as we're not getting any younger, even those of us who were kids back then are in our sixties now.
I was 20 in 1968. Nuff said.

The mid -late 70s team with the likes of Dave Watson, Dennis Tueart , Asa Hartford,Joe Royle, Peter Barnes, Brian Kidd ,Willie Donachie and Big Joe in nets was also a great time to be a blue.
League Cup winners 1976, 1st Division runners up 1977, and 4th in 1978 wasn't a bad record.
It's just after Big Mal returned that it all went tits up.
Spot on..we could have won the league on 2 or 3 occasions in the 70's.
There was only one team in Manchester back then.
My Dad took me to my first game was the only time I saw Franny play...he was playing for Derby who were reigning champions...we won 4-3.
Great time to be a blue!

It's funny but I was thinking back to this just the other day. Those of us around then and still here have lived through the two greatest periods in our history. We won every trophy available back then, even a European one. The Cup Winners cup may have been second to the European cup but it was still a major trophy. Like the European cup you had to have won a trophy to compete in it, not like the champions league now. The fairs cup was one that you went into based on league positions.

The club should do a documentary on the fans who've witnessed both successful eras as we're not getting any younger, even those of us who were kids back then are in our sixties now.
still awaiting the treble documentary , has one even been made ?

Born in 74 i think my generation had the worse of it. Missed the mercer glory years and the relative success of the 70s, i had the 80s onwards which was mostly heart breaking.
I had amazing days , i was lucky dad took me to every home game and lots of aways and saw some amazing games, charlton 5-1, bradford 1-1 etc but into the 2000s id had enough and after one derby drubbing i properly saw my arse and bollocked my dad, asking him why he made me a blue (there was no choice it was his great grandad that set those wheels in motion in 1898!!). Told him he had made my life a misery

Now every time we win something he reminds me i said that, as though he knew what was coming and it was all part of some sort of masterplan
my dads the same and when he remnided me of what I used to say to him after a lot of disappointments , and after our recent success he told me (probably with a grin) "patience was never your strong point

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.