These last fifteen years

After that we are talking comparing this City team with best rival teams from different eras. I believe we are already the best ever on these shores and perhaps the 4th best anywhere ever with the potential to be higher while Pep remains.

Obviously there will always be historical trophy counts to look at but stand alone records are more interesting I think like winning the treble and 100 points.
It’s all down to the CL now.

It’s a very big if but if we can defend it this season and make it three in a row in 2025 we take our place in the pantheon alongside the great Ajax and Bayern sides of the 1970s, second only to the legendary 1950s Madrid of Puskas and Di Stefano.

It still seems absolutely fucking mental to write a sentence like that about City :-)

Reactions: CC1
Yeah the atmosphere before West Ham game was electric as well, really thought we were going to do it
Dean Ashton was unbelievable:(
I remember working away in Aberystwyth for that game, it was on bbc and I was so excited but absolutely gutted I wasn't there. What followed was utter shite! Ashton (isn't he a blue)bullied us all game but tbh, the team just didn't show up. Another night of misery in a long,long, long list of miserable games. I look back to them times and it seems like another lifetime. We need to savour these days under Pep, because they won't be here forever.

Last edited:
If we'd won nothing else after the 93.20 moment, I would have died a happy man. 10 years on, what a fantastic ride it's been. The demise of the scum is a fantastic bonus!
We're still toughing it out, despite our general brilliance, so the wins are still joyous - long may it continue that this 65 year old reverts to his childlike self whenever we score.

My daughter is 11 , season ticket holder and known nothing but success. I'm sure she thinks I am making it up when I reminisce with friends about getting tanked by stockport county or spending away days at Swindon, Port Vale , Grimsby before the trudge home from yet another defeat and another manager leaving.

The fifteen years before it were incredible n’all.

We went from being a side that looked like it could take that next step up with a few more signings to challenge for/win trophies, after finishing 5th twice in a row in the early 90s (one of those was above United and the other above Liverpool)…

But that didn’t happen and in Typical City fashion we got worse, we got Swales out, Lee in, then we spiralled down to the third tier with two relegations, then the ’99 Play-off final, back-to-back promotions, Blackburn away, then down again, then that cracking Keegan promotion side (100+ goals), the emotional last ever season at Maine Road, finished 8th, the excitement of the move to the new stadium, moving to the CoMS, started playing in Europe again for the first time in my life, then just a few years later the takeover…

There’s rarely been a dull moment for the last 30 years.

There are clubs where nothing has happened in those 30 years! Rochdale spent 36 straight years in midtable of the same division from 1974-2010. But even Everton’s last 30 years have nearly been as boring as that.

Being a City fan is fucking mad, all the time!

It’s been incredible and we are so lucky it happened to us
I can remember being a young teenager sat with my dad and grandad watching United tonk us 5-0 and whingeing about the bashing I was going to get in school ( I’ve always been the only blue in all my groups of mates to this day )
It led to my dad and granddad arguing after my grandad told me along the lines of “ you tell them I remember us beating them 5-0 at their place back in 1943 “ ( probably not exact but something like that ) and my old fella saying what good that going to do him tomorrow and rolling his eyes.
I remember saying I’m just annoyed cos they get to have all these great days and trips to Wembley and I’ll never see City ever win a trophy
So for us to have done what we’ve done in these last 15 years really was beyond my wildest dreams
The start of it all really does stand out more than the rest for me though, the 2 seasons we won the FA cup then the league will never be matched for me even if we won the quadruple
The signings, Agueros debut, the FA cup semi against United, the 1-0 Kompany header game v United, the 6-1 at the swamp, Newcastle away Toure, the songs, it was probably the happiest 2 years of my life
Since those days I’ve never called a player or manager or manager’s decision, I’ve had my opinions on who I rate or don’t and will give it on here but I will never in conversation say “ such and such was shit today “
There’s just so many positives to take from 99% of games it amazes me the first thing people want to do is criticise
Grealish was quiet today and had no effect on the game yet an 18 year old local academy lad just bossed the midfield, why would your first comment on the game be “ Grealish is shit “

You’re experiencing more than 99.9% of football fans ever will, appreciate it and enjoy it fellas,

A win today will destroy a few hearts around the league so fingers crossed, just hope he doesn’t start that fuckin Nunes, can’t believe we paid 60 million for that show pony
Nice twist at the end ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.