These so called city "glory hunters"

i can't stand this gloryhunter head hunting bollocks,

when we extend the ground are the people that want them to stay away from our club happy to see empty seats or would they prefer a full stadium.

i've had a season ticket since 95 and i can remember the days when we dropped to 24k regularly at home, and i remember at the time being glad because at that point all the moaning bastards had fucked off saying the football was crap, the atmosphere improved as a result and it was good

but, with where we are going, i want the stadium as large and as full as possible.

i don't care if the person in front/behind/next to me hasn't got a clue, i have a clue and i know i've been there, thats enough for me.

We need them. It's as simple as that. The Sheikh needs them. The club needs them. That's good enough for me. They can have what the hell they like!!!!!!

The newbies will perhaps never know (I fucking hope and pray) what its like to rise phoenix like from the depths of despair and so I doubt that they will ever connect with City in the same way as those that went before. But I'm sure there will be enough typical City moments to put them through the wringer and understand.

But fuck it, the more Blues the merrier.

I'm afraid that when we hear all this "you are not a big club" rubbish, it is only because we haven't yet got the so called glory hunters. More young kids will pick city as there team from now on and eventually we will be no different to utd & liverpool. The price of success i guess, i'm willing to put up with it though!!

Only been here for four years and still haven't been to Manchester, so I guess I would qualify as a "plastic" or a "glory hunter"... But what the fuck am I supposed to do, use a time machine and go back to the nineties?

Humlannitton said:
Only been here for four years and still haven't been to Manchester, so I guess I would qualify as a "plastic" or a "glory hunter"... But what the fuck am I supposed to do, use a time machine and go back to the nineties?

If you meet Rose Tyler on the way, please give her my phone number.

ForeverCity said:
look on the facebook page, some of the comments make me cringe.
so clueless.
like "we'll batter spurs, with nasri and aguero yeh. city 4 eva, united no match to us" have they evan seen us play spurs, they'll be no battering tomorrow lol

edit maybe ? ;-)

Born 93, first game around 98, bar the fa cup most glory i've seen is a bloody division 1 promotion. I'm shit at this glory hunting business

Denis Law Back Heel said:
Has any one met or spoke to any one that you can tell havnt been a fan for to long. It's because were constantly herring other fans saying about our so called "plastics" and "glory hunters" and the "where were you when you were shit" chants, any one encounter these "plastics" or "glory hunters" because I havnt.

I live in Cornwall having had season tickets back in the dark times with Alan Ball and the City fans down here were very few and far between back then. There were literally like 50 at most in the whole of Cornwall These days, there are loads of kids walking round with City shirts on just in the town I live compared to hardly anyone back 10 years ago. I hope that puts it a little bit into perspective.

SamTheGuru said:
Denis Law Back Heel said:
Has any one met or spoke to any one that you can tell havnt been a fan for to long. It's because were constantly herring other fans saying about our so called "plastics" and "glory hunters" and the "where were you when you were shit" chants, any one encounter these "plastics" or "glory hunters" because I havnt.

I live in Cornwall having had season tickets back in the dark times with Alan Ball and the City fans down here were very few and far between back then. There were literally like 50 at most in the whole of Cornwall These days, there are loads of kids walking round with City shirts on just in the town I live compared to hardly anyone back 10 years ago. I hope that puts it a little bit into perspective.

This is true. More City shirts are springing up all over the place. Having been a seasonticket holder for 24 years i welcome it. Having been born and lived all my life in Gtr Manchester its nice to see kids actually wanting to wear our top. How many years have we seen most young lads wearing Rag tops. Now wearing the top doesnt mean these kids are ever going to be fans in the sense of going to games, but it means there is a much better chance of it. If we can get them hooked at an early age they will hopefully be fans for life. If we want to expand the stadium we need the next generation of City fan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.