These so called city "glory hunters"

The point is, if they're bothered enough about City to run up a few hundred posts on here, then questioning their passion is a bit of a useless thing to do.

Damocles said:
The point is, if they're bothered enough about City to run up a few hundred posts on here, then questioning their passion is a bit of a useless thing to do.
I have accounts on most other Premier League forums. I hate almost all of them!

danburge82 said:
Damocles said:
I have accounts on most other Premier League forums. I hate almost all of them!

Exactly, the casual gloryhunters that people are annoyed with are those that have no passion for the Club and use it as a fashion item like a handbag. Hate is also a passion. You care about these clubs in some way which is why you post on there. Alternatively, you post on there defending your own club, which again shows a protection instinct which shows that you care.

The argument against "new fans" is that of those that don't legitimately care about the club. And other argument is essentially bunk. If you're an old fan who is moaning that you might not get a ticket, you need to have a think about why you haven't got enough loyalty points to outprice all of the new flock.

Stevie B said:
Stadium - No. Only thing I've noticed is an increase in tourists.
I don't consider them gloryseekers, they just seem to enjoy the entertainment, never to see them again.

Where I live (Bury) - A big increase in the number of people wearing shirts.
These could be former fans who stopped going to games/lost interest, and the takeover has brought them back?

Online - I remember joining the Facebook page a few years back, average of 10 posts an hour or something, generally british posters, local people, thats about it. maybe 60,000?
Now The Facebook page has 946,407 fans.
it seems to me many people are followers of players.
So Bosnian army follow Dzeko, and cheer for us because Dzeko plays for us.
Same with Aguero,and Silva.
Very popular in their homeland.

I consider myself a "Glory Hunter" but my definition is somewhat different.
I've wanted success for my club for a long time.... Why?
it's more deep routed than just a game of football.
I enjoyed growing up watching city, win or lose it didn't matter to me.
as I've got older though Winning has become more important.

Do I have issues with people with no geographical/historical connection to the club whatsoever supporting City?
No, as long as my seat is still affordable and I am not priced out of the club by some Korean tourist who'll happily pay £100 per game.

I find it funny when away supporters have sang about being gloryseekers, makes me laugh.
spot on mate,top post

I got called a glory hunter the day after we were taken over, for wearing a City cap, and was asked if I'd just bought it, whilst somebody else saw me in the first Umbro home shirt and said "You weren't wearing that last season" to which I replied "You're right, the kit was Le Coq Sportif then"

Some of these clowns conveniently appear to forget that this club was well capable of getting crowds of 47,000 , even BEFORE Shinawatra or the Sheikh ever had anything to do with City.

In our early seasons at COMS when neither of those gentlemen were associated with us , we often had good crowds for home games.

So how would these muppets who accuse us of being glory hunters explain that???

black mamba said:
Some of these clowns conveniently appear to forget that this club was well capable of getting crowds of 47,000 , even BEFORE Shinawatra or the Sheikh ever had anything to do with City.

In our early seasons at COMS when neither of those gentlemen were associated with us , we often had good crowds for home games.

Shinawatra? A gentleman?

Have you been playing golf with him and Cooky again?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
black mamba said:

Shinawatra? A gentleman?

Have you been playing golf with him and Cooky again?

hehe ........

he passed the test , didn't he ?

saw 2 kids outside the local shop in Wilmslow , last year they were alwys in Rag shirts , now both have city shirts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.