Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoned Rose said:
erm.......

Nasri11_2428573b.jpg

4 years younger and ten times hungrier than Nasri. Also earns about £100k per week less.

g180aj said:
Stoned Rose said:
Jamiegc said:
Strengths: typical Barcelona player - calm, great eye for a pass, adept at quick, one touch passing, very skillful player.
Weaknesses: a touch one paced, easily outstrengthed, goes missing when its not going Barcas way .

As for why he is available, the main reason is that both he and Barcelona feel he needs to play every week. Added to that, Barcelona will be looking to raise funds this summer to offset the signing of Neymar, and finally, Sergi Roberto and Deulofeu are being promoted to the first team this summer which will make Thiago & Sanchez surplus to requirements.

The €25m asking price I would wager is aimed specifically at ensuring a top club comes in for him. They could easily loan him to Schalke or Ajax but will want to see what he can do competing in the biggest games. Any deal would have the usual buyback clause.

Thiago has been shuffled around positions as Barcelona are prone to doing and he's found himself in the Xavi role more often than not, mostly because Fabregas is better in the Iniesta role. In my personal opinion he would be best utilised at City behind the striker, as opposed to in the two behind, but that then raises the question of how to guarentee a game the majority of weeks.

Strengths: calm, great eye for a pass, adept at quick, one touch passing, very skillful player.
Weaknesses: a touch one paced, easily outstrengthed, goes missing when its not going his way

erm.......

Nasri11_2428573b.jpg

The problem is on paper that is what nasri apears to be but in reality he's just poor for us, his recent form he seems to have found is still pretty average its just better than he has been, thiago will be on less money with better all round ability and potential to be world class with the right path put in front of him, for me that path is city new no8

Play him through the middle and he runs play. His upturn in form has been as he drifts into a central playmaker role and clichy takes up the left wing position with effectively a back when attacking (or barry shuffling across to cover).

I think people are overstating how well Nasri plays in CM. Plays well? Yes, he knocks the ball about quite nicely and has more freedom but his passes aren't particularly incisive and few are really effective. He doesn't boss or run the game as has been suggested.

Joehannes said:
I think people are overstating how well Nasri plays in CM. Plays well? Yes, he knocks the ball about quite nicely and has more freedom but his passes aren't particularly incisive and few are really effective. He doesn't boss or run the game as has been suggested.

This. Nasri does not 'boss' games.

i fear we wont be at the table an he will be mata mark 2, if we would have signed mata instead of nasri we would have 2 titles in 2 years

its all over twitter that his buyout clause is €90 mill but due to another clause stating that he has to play a set amount of games otherwise it is reduced to €20 mill and he is consedering leaving because of this with his prefered destination being the premier league with us verry keen on him

He is definitely worth the gamble and if we can get him for 20m euros then it would be a good deal for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.