Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks likely we will get Fernandinho as long as Shakhtar let him go for the price we want to pay.

If we get Alcantara as well, for me that would see the end for Barry.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
adrianr said:
I remember Tolmie saying we had chats with his people a little out of the blue last summer, but decided to stick around and fight for a place at Barca IIRC. Perhaps it hasn't gone the way he was hoping this year and he's put himself back on the market. Regardless if he's available and we can't get Fabregas, he surely needs to be bumped to the top of our transfer list?

Coughs!

If he's for sale, he will be at City.

We were very aggressive in our interest last summer with Barca. The lads knows it, his dad knows it.

You would have to thank Brian Marwood for it, though. He heard a whisper the lad was not happy with a few things.

At one stage, I thought he would be one of the major bombs to go off.

Perhaps this bomb was on a timer!

C'mon, Cheeky, do yer stuff!
Yep, you told me in a pm about the thiago stuff tolm last summer! Would be a superb signing for the present and future!

sam-caddick said:
It looks likely we will get Fernandinho as long as Shakhtar let him go for the price we want to pay.

I've thought for a while that Barry was leaving anyway although that's because I thought we'd sign Kondogbia with Fernandinho replacing García.

Goodness knows where Thiago would come into things too. Perhaps rotating with Isco and Silva at first before dropping deeper in a couple of years when Yaya leaves.

How much extra would he cost us than any other club? 3-5mil?

What are his attributes? Central mid or attacking? Wing?

Just read in Daily Mail.

Thiago is looked after by Pere Guardiola, the agent brother of Pep.

Wonder if this is a positive for us. Bayern already have Gotze and many others.

He will fit right in at City if we can sign him. Our Midfield still needs improving.

Joehannes said:
sam-caddick said:

I've thought for a while that Barry was leaving anyway although that's because I thought we'd sign Kondogbia with Fernandinho replacing García.

Goodness knows where Thiago would come into things too. Perhaps rotating with Isco and Silva at first before dropping deeper in a couple of years when Yaya leaves.

Yeah I can see that.

If anything mate our central midfield is the area which needs some good quality additions, we rely on Yaya far too much, and Barry is the only player in the squad who does a decent job sweeping up in midfield.

We need players who are good enough to rotate in this area without losing quality, and if we can find a long term replacement for when Yaya finishes his career with us, now should be the time.

It would be pointless for when Yaya finishes his career with us we then go and try to find a worthy replacement for him, we need to be thinking for the future.

Maybe Alcantara can be the man?

Kompany is King said:
Just read in Daily Mail.

Thiago is looked after by Pere Guardiola, the agent brother of Pep.

Wonder if this is a positive for us. Bayern already have Gotze and many others.

Yeah, but Pep and Txiki had and have a great relationship. The respect Pep has for Txiki surely cannot go by unnoticed by Pere and Thiago.

I think Bayern are done with midfielders for now. But I think Barca will do whatever it takes to make any transfer as nasty as possible.

Extremely gifted player. Still unsure of his Proper position e.g Whether a CM or a Attacking midfielder.
IF we moved into a 433, and brought in Fernandinho, i think that thiago would complete the Midfield 3. Something along the lines of

--------------Yaya----------------
---Fernandinho-------Thiago--------

If he does leave Barca (which personally i dont think he will) we should definitely be looking at signing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.