Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt the Giant said:
Kompany is King said:
Just read in Daily Mail.

Thiago is looked after by Pere Guardiola, the agent brother of Pep.

Wonder if this is a positive for us. Bayern already have Gotze and many others.

Yeah, but Pep and Txiki had and have a great relationship. The respect Pep has for Txiki surely cannot go by unnoticed by Pere and Thiago.

I think Bayern are done with midfielders for now. But I think Barca will do whatever it takes to make any transfer as nasty as possible.

If we sign him it would be a great day. His close control is virtually instant, can dribble and has vision. Fantastic.

Not sure about his defensive side, if we are looking for him to replace Barry etc.

Barcelona have got to make room for their imminent signing of Neymar so I can see us testing the water with this. An added bonus is that Alcantara is at an age where he has got to be playing regular Football, something he will not get at Barcelona.

Ray78 said:
Barcelona have got to make room for their imminent signing of Neymar so I can see us testing the water with this. An added bonus is that Alcantara is at an age where he has got to be playing regular Football, something he will not get at Barcelona.

Wikipedia say, I know:

On 29 June 2011, Thiago signed a contract renewal keeping him at Barcelona until 30 June 2015, with a buyout clause of €90 million.

Any truth in €90 million and why would they now be prepared to sell for £20m?

Kompany is King said:
Ray78 said:

Wikipedia say, I know:

On 29 June 2011, Thiago signed a contract renewal keeping him at Barcelona until 30 June 2015, with a buyout clause of €90 million.

They're bringing in Neymar and Thiago is already agitated about the lack of playing time, which it's rumored was a big talking point when Barca convinced him to sign the new contract. Also speculation is they'll insist on one of their stupidly advantageous buyback clauses.

Kompany is King said:
Ray78 said:

Wikipedia say, I know:

I would like to think that both Sorriano and Begiristain will know the loopholes in the Release clause.

Haven't seen him play in a while. Last time i did he looked pretty similar to kroos albeit a little more dynamic but without the goalthreat.

Anyone on here who's seen him play recently and could give a little update to his strengths and weaknesses?

hideniton said:
Haven't seen him play in a while. Last time i did he looked pretty similar to kroos albeit a little more dynamic but without the goalthreat.

Anyone on here who's seen him play recently and could give a little update to his strengths and weaknesses?

Strengths: typical Barcelona player - calm, great eye for a pass, adept at quick, one touch passing, very skillful player.
Weaknesses: a touch one paced, easily outstrengthed, goes missing when its not going Barcas way .

As for why he is available, the main reason is that both he and Barcelona feel he needs to play every week. Added to that, Barcelona will be looking to raise funds this summer to offset the signing of Neymar, and finally, Sergi Roberto and Deulofeu are being promoted to the first team this summer which will make Thiago & Sanchez surplus to requirements.

The €25m asking price I would wager is aimed specifically at ensuring a top club comes in for him. They could easily loan him to Schalke or Ajax but will want to see what he can do competing in the biggest games. Any deal would have the usual buyback clause.

Thiago has been shuffled around positions as Barcelona are prone to doing and he's found himself in the Xavi role more often than not, mostly because Fabregas is better in the Iniesta role. In my personal opinion he would be best utilised at City behind the striker, as opposed to in the two behind, but that then raises the question of how to guarentee a game the majority of weeks.

With more game time he can become a very good player in my opinion so I sure hope we are after him!

Jamiegc said:
hideniton said:

Strengths: typical Barcelona player - calm, great eye for a pass, adept at quick, one touch passing, very skillful player.
Weaknesses: a touch one paced, easily outstrengthed, goes missing when its not going Barcas way .

As for why he is available, the main reason is that both he and Barcelona feel he needs to play every week. Added to that, Barcelona will be looking to raise funds this summer to offset the signing of Neymar, and finally, Sergi Roberto and Deulofeu are being promoted to the first team this summer which will make Thiago & Sanchez surplus to requirements.

The €25m asking price I would wager is aimed specifically at ensuring a top club comes in for him. They could easily loan him to Schalke or Ajax but will want to see what he can do competing in the biggest games. Any deal would have the usual buyback clause.

Thiago has been shuffled around positions as Barcelona are prone to doing and he's found himself in the Xavi role more often than not, mostly because Fabregas is better in the Iniesta role. In my personal opinion he would be best utilised at City behind the striker, as opposed to in the two behind, but that then raises the question of how to guarentee a game the majority of weeks.

Strengths: calm, great eye for a pass, adept at quick, one touch passing, very skillful player.
Weaknesses: a touch one paced, easily outstrengthed, goes missing when its not going his way

erm.......

Nasri11_2428573b.jpg

Stoned Rose said:
Jamiegc said:
hideniton said:

Strengths: calm, great eye for a pass, adept at quick, one touch passing, very skillful player.
Weaknesses: a touch one paced, easily outstrengthed, goes missing when its not going his way

erm.......

Nasri11_2428573b.jpg

The problem is on paper that is what nasri apears to be but in reality he's just poor for us, his recent form he seems to have found is still pretty average its just better than he has been, thiago will be on less money with better all round ability and potential to be world class with the right path put in front of him, for me that path is city new no8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.