Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joehannes said:
Blueband Brother said:
ACMilan said:
Don't have a choice if that contract clause actually exists
If someone pipes up 18m and he agrees to leave, Barca can piss and moan til neymar comes home.. wont mean a damn thing

I hope that clause is real

I also hope that he decides to leave Barcelona and there is a clause that makes the transition easier but as I said, I don't see it happening.

You saw how fabregas whined and kicked like a little kid until arsenal allowed him to go home, I dont see another Catalonia-bred like thiago deciding to leave Barcelona any time soon. He probably fancies his chances of getting close to a starting berth now that there is the whiff of the dreaded but natural 'transition phase' in the air at Barcelona. At least a need for change after this season ( in europe) has panned out.
Not that similar to Cesc. Born in Italy. Joined Barca at 14 having spent a few years in Brazil.

he spent from the age of 3 to 10 in spain before moving to brazil where he was in flamengo's accademy , his farther is mezinho the forme brazilian world cup winner

playing in a less advanced role (Xavi's place?) in the derby today for those looking to do some amateur scouting

apparently if he plays both remaining games this year his 18m clause is waived as it'd get him the 60%? would be a non-starter then imo. I thought this was all being brought up because he couldn't reach it.

Andouble said:
apparently if he plays both remaining games this year his 18m clause is waived as it'd get him the 60%? would be a non-starter then imo. I thought this was all being brought up because he couldn't reach it.
Most people assumed that Barca would pursue the 100 point mark with vigor. Starting Thiago a reserve team today is odd and I imagine part of the reason is a very cynical desire to meet Thiago's 60% clause so they can please the Catalan crowd that will be furious if Thiago leaves.

And then it will be back to the subs bench for him with the added humiliation of having to give up his number a second time for a big signing.

taconinja said:
Andouble said:
Most people assumed that Barca would pursue the 100 point mark with vigor. Starting Thiago a reserve team today is odd and I imagine part of the reason is a very cynical desire to meet Thiago's 60% clause so they can please the Catalan crowd that will be furious if Thiago leaves.

And then it will be back to the subs bench for him with the added humiliation of having to give up his number a second time for a big signing.

I take it he can't refuse to play for the final game? Or get 'injured'? It doesn't make any sense for him to back himself into a corner over a couple of nothing games. Even if offers came in at his lower buyout clause he doesn't have to leave.

adrianr said:
taconinja said:
Andouble said:

I take it he can't refuse to play for the final game? Or get 'injured'? It doesn't make any sense for him to back himself into a corner over a couple of nothing games. Even if offers came in at his lower buyout clause he doesn't have to leave.
Would he want to completely burn all his bridges? He could never come back if he did that. Never. He could never play for Madrid either. So what happens if he does move abroad after going on strike and it doesn't work out? Where does he go? And if the move does work out and he's still successful, it's likely that he still would be completely shut out of the national team forever.

I think he wants to leave, but they have a hammer over him in the national team and possibility of returning.

taconinja said:
adrianr said:
taconinja said:

Would he want to completely burn all his bridges? He could never come back if he did that. Never. He could never play for Madrid either. So what happens if he does move abroad after going on strike and it doesn't work out? Where does he go? And if the move does work out and he's still successful, it's likely that he still would be completely shut out of the national team forever.

I think he wants to leave, but they have a hammer over him in the national team and possibility of returning.

I'm thinking something a little more subtle than, 'Fuck you, I'm not getting on that pitch' ;). Just if he says he can't play through injury for the last game, innocent enough, keeps the lower buyout clause, gets plenty of offers in the summer and can evaluate accordingly. Can he do that?

Will he be getting into the team, Barca or national, any time soon with all those players in front of him anyway? Silva has had a bit of a rebirth at City for Spain, perhaps he see's the same opportunity.

guillem ballague says he has only played in 47% of barca games so far, so I cant see 2 games making up 13% off there games also reports on twitter say scouts from old swamp are watchin him today. I would be devastated if he ends up playin for them, so far it doesn't seem that were being talked about much in the equation either

Slightly disappointed with this but with Barca coach looking set to be replaced then he will be given another chance.

adrianr said:
taconinja said:
adrianr said:

I'm thinking something a little more subtle than, 'Fuck you, I'm not getting on that pitch' ;). Just if he says he can't play through injury for the last game, innocent enough, keeps the lower buyout clause, gets plenty of offers in the summer and can evaluate accordingly. Can he do that?

Will he be getting into the team, Barca or national, any time soon with all those players in front of him anyway? Silva has had a bit of a rebirth at City for Spain, perhaps he see's the same opportunity.
It could work. Remember how political the Spanish national team can be. For years they were crippled by the Madrid players and Barca players hating each other. Coaches can be just as bad. He does want to leave from all accounts, but what he wants more than anything is to be a success at Barca. I can't blame him for taking his chance at it.

g180aj said:
guillem ballague says he ha done only played in 47% of barca games so far so I cant see 2 games making up 13% off there games
I've heard conflicting reports but we'll soon see I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.