Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
Yaya Toure is the deep-lying play maker

Barry also has done that job

You're entitled to your own opinion.

Barry is nothing more than a squad player nowadays.

Yaya is an enigma, as we all know, and has many uses. I'd be much happier with another quality addition to our midfield. Not sure this Thiago fella is the answer but we def need someone. Anyway I thought Fernandinho was the man we were likely to get.

Rammy Blue said:
Marvin said:
Yaya Toure is the deep-lying play maker

Barry also has done that job

You're entitled to your own opinion.

Barry is nothing more than a squad player nowadays.

Yaya is an enigma, as we all know, and has many uses. I'd be much happier with another quality addition to our midfield. Not sure this Thiago fella is the answer but we def need someone. Anyway I thought Fernandinho was the man we were likely to get.

When you say 'these days' do you mean that you've had a word with Pellegrini & he's dropping Barry or are you suggesting that he didn't play pretty much every game Mancini could get him on the pitch, even when carrying an injury or after playing 4 games in a week ?

Barry has done his job this season better than any of the other midfielders have done theirs.

Marvin said:
I can't see why City need a player like Alcantara when we have a fantastically strong midfield.

Nasri, Silva, Rodwell, Yaya Toure and Milner. if we buy Alcantara I don't see how we strengthen, we will just have to sell one of the existing midfielders.

Couldn't disagree more. Our midfield was utterly outclassed in Europe. Nasri has been luke warm at best, Rodwell has yet to remain healthy for anything approaching an entire month much less a season and Barry is well into the back nine. A young central midfielder is a certain need.

Instant_Offense said:
Marvin said:
I can't see why City need a player like Alcantara when we have a fantastically strong midfield.

Nasri, Silva, Rodwell, Yaya Toure and Milner. if we buy Alcantara I don't see how we strengthen, we will just have to sell one of the existing midfielders.

Couldn't disagree more. Our midfield was utterly outclassed in Europe. Nasri has been luke warm at best, Rodwell has yet to remain healthy for anything approaching an entire month much less a season and Barry is well into the back nine. A young central midfielder is a certain need.

bottom line is thiago is technically better than the majority of ar midfield and can play cm as well as all 3 attacking mid positions the only thing signing him would do is improve our midfield, he will be world class in a couple years hopefully for us

Neville Kneville said:
When you say 'these days' do you mean that you've had a word with Pellegrini & he's dropping Barry or are you suggesting that he didn't play pretty much every game Mancini could get him on the pitch, even when carrying an injury or after playing 4 games in a week ?

Barry has done his job this season better than any of the other midfielders have done theirs.

Barry was fucking hopeless in Europe, cost us a fair few points in the league and you could argue he was at fault for us losing the cup final.

I rate the guy but he's on the decline and will be nothing other than a squad player if he's still at our club next season.

City clearly has the $ advantage when it comes to salary

Milan has the playing time advantage when it comes to having a garbage midfield, montolivo and de jong aside.

-------Yaya----------Fernadinho---------
Silva------------Thiago-------------Isco--
------------------Aguero------------------

ACMilan said:
City clearly has the $ advantage when it comes to salary

Milan has the playing time advantage when it comes to having a garbage midfield, montolivo and de jong aside.

I think he walks into our side here as well to be honest. Possibly not getting game time in the less important matches but he's good enough to be one of the main midfield 3. If he has any confidence in his abilities I don't think he'd be too worried turning up to a club with midfield options of Yaya Toure, Barry, Milner, Rodwell and Garcia.

I think we need a young mobile MF to partner yaya. Barry n garcia is not that type. Rodwell was clearly bought for this role but he can't get healthy unfortunately. Not sure if thiago fits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.