Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
taconinja said:
adrianr said:
taconinja said:
Would he want to completely burn all his bridges? He could never come back if he did that. Never. He could never play for Madrid either. So what happens if he does move abroad after going on strike and it doesn't work out? Where does he go? And if the move does work out and he's still successful, it's likely that he still would be completely shut out of the national team forever.

I think he wants to leave, but they have a hammer over him in the national team and possibility of returning.

I'm thinking something a little more subtle than, 'Fuck you, I'm not getting on that pitch' ;). Just if he says he can't play through injury for the last game, innocent enough, keeps the lower buyout clause, gets plenty of offers in the summer and can evaluate accordingly. Can he do that?

Will he be getting into the team, Barca or national, any time soon with all those players in front of him anyway? Silva has had a bit of a rebirth at City for Spain, perhaps he see's the same opportunity.
It could work. Remember how political the Spanish national team can be. For years they were crippled by the Madrid players and Barca players hating each other. Coaches can be just as bad. He does want to leave from all accounts, but what he wants more than anything is to be a success at Barca. I can't blame him for taking his chance at it.

g180aj said:
guillem ballague says he ha done only played in 47% of barca games so far so I cant see 2 games making up 13% off there games
I've heard conflicting reports but we'll soon see I suppose.

another thing that balague said was the most important thing for thiago was to succeed weather its at barca or knot isn't important to him

g180aj said:
taconinja said:
adrianr said:
I'm thinking something a little more subtle than, 'Fuck you, I'm not getting on that pitch' ;). Just if he says he can't play through injury for the last game, innocent enough, keeps the lower buyout clause, gets plenty of offers in the summer and can evaluate accordingly. Can he do that?

Will he be getting into the team, Barca or national, any time soon with all those players in front of him anyway? Silva has had a bit of a rebirth at City for Spain, perhaps he see's the same opportunity.
It could work. Remember how political the Spanish national team can be. For years they were crippled by the Madrid players and Barca players hating each other. Coaches can be just as bad. He does want to leave from all accounts, but what he wants more than anything is to be a success at Barca. I can't blame him for taking his chance at it.

g180aj said:
guillem ballague says he ha done only played in 47% of barca games so far so I cant see 2 games making up 13% off there games
I've heard conflicting reports but we'll soon see I suppose.

another thing that balague said was the most important thing for thiago was to succeed weather its at barca or knot isn't important to him
I don't believe him on that front.

pee dubya said:
Well he is Italian/Brazilian/Spanish. He's been at Barca 8 years, but he's not Catalan.
Sure but he's persevered there for a while trying to crack that first team on a permanent basis. I recall him signing an extension based on promises of more first team action (that 60% number appears to be that.) I'm not saying Barca is his boyhood club. I don't know what club he supported. I simply think that he's dedicated almost a decade to making it their and he doesn't want to walk away from that with no way back by going on strike or faking an injury that might also hurt his national team chances.

taconinja said:
pee dubya said:
Well he is Italian/Brazilian/Spanish. He's been at Barca 8 years, but he's not Catalan.
Sure but he's persevered there for a while trying to crack that first team on a permanent basis. I recall him signing an extension based on promises of more first team action (that 60% number appears to be that.) I'm not saying Barca is his boyhood club. I don't know what club he supported. I simply think that he's dedicated almost a decade to making it their and he doesn't want to walk away from that with no way back by going on strike or faking an injury that might also hurt his national team chances.
Yeah I think obviously he'd prefer to make it at Barcelona, but reading about him, he's moved around all his childhood, i doubt he's afraid of making a move if he thinks he'll be better off.

pee dubya said:
taconinja said:
pee dubya said:
Yeah I think obviously he'd prefer to make it at Barcelona, but reading about him, he's moved around all his childhood, i doubt he's afraid of making a move if he thinks he'll be better off.
Doubtlessly correct. I'm not sure he would go on strike though or feign injury. I think he's the kind of player that believes he only needs the chance.

Edit: And he just helped set Villa up for a stupid miss. Thiago is quality. I hope we can get him. Maybe if Barca wins today they'll feel pressured to go all out against Malaga.

Syth said:
Yeah, apparently they've had scouts watching him yesterday.

But... they already have Zida.. Cleaverly I mean! Surely ten-times the player Thiago will ever be.

I really hope Thiago is one of our targets and trust Txiki to make sure his signature ends up on a contract with us.

Matt the Giant said:
Syth said:
Yeah, apparently they've had scouts watching him yesterday.

But... they already have Zida.. Cleaverly I mean! Surely ten-times the player Thiago will ever be.

I really hope Thiago is one of our targets and trust Txiki to make sure his signature ends up on a contract with us.
Haha yeah, I would not want to be in a team with the future Zidane! If I was him I would not even consider the rags as a choice. Hopefully he has seen the way they play and will realise that his style won't suit them at all. Just take a loot at Kagawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.