Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
abu13 said:
xzbit04 said:
I'm pretty confident if it comes down to a battle between us, Txiki and Pellegrini can sell our vision for him and our project to him better than Gollum and Phil Chuckle :)

i can see this being part of Fergusons new role, behind the scenes tapping players up, there is no way the rags are going to keep him at the club and not utilise him.

The old git was on the train from Manchester to London this morning. He looked like a doddery old man - he cut quite a sad character trying to pull his luggage together needless to say I neither helped him or acknowledged him during the journey.

Cityisland said:
Saif1994 said:
It would be incredible if this deal were to go through. Imagine this:

----------Yaya-----------
--Silva---------Thiago-----
-----------Isco-----------
-----Aguero----Tevez-----

Would be further complemented with Fernandinho when we need to be cautious.

Not too sure if it is worth getting Cavani for 63 million euros. Dzeko can be our Cavani, last season when he was scoring goals left right and centre he was better than Cavani and Falcao combined.

erm, no....

That is your opinion, but I think the form Dzeko was in at the start of the 2011-12 season was more than good enough for us if we can just make him recover it.

Why spend 63 million on Cavani when we have the potential untapped on our bench. I'd rather have us strengthen our midfield with Isco, Thiago and Fernandinho.

Only if one more striker leaves - could be Dzeko or Tevez - should we move for a replacement. Obviously the best replacement available now is Cavani with Lewandowski going to Bayern and Falcao going to Monaco. Young spanish striker Rodrigo from Benfica was also an earlier option or Marco Reus if we are really lucky.

Saif1994 said:
Why spend 63 million on Cavani when we have the potential untapped on our bench. I'd rather have us strengthen our midfield with Isco, Thiago and Fernandinho.

There is no reason why Cavani AND the others can't be signed, especially if we can get Dzeko to go the other way. Cavani (w/ Dzeko exchanged) + Isco + Thiago + Fernandinho would total around £90million going on expected fees (probably £110million without Dzeko exchanged). We can spend that - we're sitting on £20million from Mario and others will go. Cavani is a better player than Dzeko - he offers more to the team. Therefore, if we can sign him we should, rather than accept second best. Are the best team in Europe accepting what they have as they sign Gotze and close in on Lewandowski (despite Mandzukic and Gomez scoring bags of goals)? No, because top clubs are never happy with what they have, it's a constant fight to stay ahead of the others and we're lagging behind in that respect after last summer.

LoveCity said:
Saif1994 said:

There is no reason why Cavani AND the others can't be signed, especially if we can get Dzeko to go the other way. Cavani (w/ Dzeko exchanged) + Isco + Thiago + Fernandinho would total around £90million going on expected fees (probably £110million without Dzeko exchanged). We can spend that - we're sitting on £20million from Mario and others will go. Cavani is a better player than Dzeko - he offers more to the team. Therefore, if we can sign him we should, rather than accept second best. Are the best team in Europe accepting what they have as they sign Gotze and close in on Lewandowski (despite Mandzukic and Gomez scoring bags of goals)? No, because top clubs are never happy with what they have, it's a constant fight to stay ahead of the others and we're lagging behind in that respect after last summer.

Yes, I agree with you. The thing is we need to sign at least one midfielder or winger first. Because even the best strikers in the world cannot be responsible for creating chances. Perhaps they can in the premier league, but its too much to solely rely on forwards in Europe. As I said if one of our strikers leaves, then we should move for Cavani. As for Gomez, I think he is leaving. But I understand what you're saying.

The more I think about it, the more I reckon Marco Reus would do well at City. I've said before that Cavani is a monster, but I don't think spending so much on a striker is a good idea especially if we are buying at their prime rather than nurturing to their prime like we did with David Silva for example. Either way, I won't complain if we end up signing Cavani as long as we strengthen our midfield first. Its far too weak compared to teams like Bayern or Barcelona and is a reason why we cannot compete in Europe with such a thin midfield department. Ideally our 'shopping' list would be: Mids: Isco, Thiago and Fernandinho. Wingers: Lamela or Di Maria. Forwards: Cavani and Reus IF Dzeko leaves.<br /><br />-- Thu May 30, 2013 3:32 pm --<br /><br />I wouldn't be too fussed for not signing Fernandinho considering the promise Rodwell has been showing on second thoughts. Either way, Txiki will do what's best.

Laertes said:
blinkblue said:
I don't think creating chances has been the problem this season.
It wasn't the problem but it was certainly one of our problems.

I think that this season Mancini and many fans blamed injuries and low form to our forwards as the main reason why we did so bad. I firmly believe that the underlying cause of all this failure was the lack of spark in midfield. It was quite simply lacking because we only have two players in Nasri and Silva to create something against good sides and both were missing at times throughout the season.

Crossing with full backs - and Milner, and counter attacking with Yaya was used a lot more when compared to our title winning season. In addition, our strikers were forced to drop deep predominantly in most matches and then were blamed for not scoring enough goals even on top form... Yes, perhaps we were unlucky at times, but our Champions league campaign revealed the facts so brutally clear.

Next season our plan should be to promote some EDS players: Karim Rekik and Denis Suarez. And at least buy one creative talent like Thiago or Isco. I'm 90% sure that this will lead to more goals from Kun who has the potential to be the world's best striker in the near future. We will have more attacking options and tactical variations up front and we'll play a lot more fluidly and creatively. After we've sorted that out, we could get an extra striker.

I really hope the news is true but alas it's from AS - not the most reliable source. I really hope Thiago chooses City over United. First of all, he'd be more suited to City's style of play. Second of all, he'd fit in more, there are more Spanish speakers at City. Pellegrini is a better manager than Moyes. Finally, he'd be with Isco and Silva - his compatriots.

In my opinion, if Isco, Thiago, Cavani, (Dzeko swap deal) Fernandinho, Navas and Diego Noveratti join then it will be an amazing summer. I think that is a great selection of players and will probably be the best piece of business in the Premier League.

woahmark said:
I really hope the news is true but alas it's from AS - not the most reliable source. I really hope Thiago chooses City over United. First of all, he'd be more suited to City's style of play. Second of all, he'd fit in more, there are more Spanish speakers at City. Pellegrini is a better manager than Moyes. Finally, he'd be with Isco and Silva - his compatriots.

In my opinion, if Isco, Thiago, Cavani, (Dzeko swap deal) Fernandinho, Navas and Diego Noveratti join then it will be an amazing summer. I think that is a great selection of players and will probably be the best piece of business in the Premier League.

There are far better options than Noveratti as a back up CB.

woahmark said:

How do you know that until at least this time next season? don't get me wrong I wouldn't want Moyes here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.