Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can see the appeal for Thiago with having Spanish speaking players and now a Spanish speaking manager whom had a very good reputation in Spain.

I read somewhere that De Gea is going to have a word on behalf of the Scum during the U21 Euros, but surely if we have Isco coming City can ask him to do something similar, and no doubt Isco and Thiago will be speaking to each other about moving to Manchester as they could help each other out etc..

I do think though if we had Yaya, Fernandinho and Thiago that would see the end for Barry?

I personally think Garcia will be used as a utility player switching between defense and defensive midfield.

Or do we try and keep Barry, but offer him a more limited role and sell Garcia?

sam-caddick said:
You can see the appeal for Thiago with having Spanish speaking players and now a Spanish speaking manager whom had a very good reputation in Spain.

I read somewhere that De Gea is going to have a word on behalf of the Scum during the U21 Euros, but surely if we have Isco coming City can ask him to do something similar, and no doubt Isco and Thiago will be speaking to each other about moving to Manchester as they could help each other out etc..

I do think though if we had Yaya, Fernandinho and Thiago that would see the end for Barry?

I personally think Garcia will be used as a utility player switching between defense and defensive midfield.

Lets wait to see if Isco is coming to City or not.

blinkblue said:
woahmark said:
I really hope the news is true but alas it's from AS - not the most reliable source. I really hope Thiago chooses City over United. First of all, he'd be more suited to City's style of play. Second of all, he'd fit in more, there are more Spanish speakers at City. Pellegrini is a better manager than Moyes. Finally, he'd be with Isco and Silva - his compatriots.

In my opinion, if Isco, Thiago, Cavani, (Dzeko swap deal) Fernandinho, Navas and Diego Noveratti join then it will be an amazing summer. I think that is a great selection of players and will probably be the best piece of business in the Premier League.

There are far better options than Noveratti as a back up CB.

Of course!! Maybe I shouldn't have included him...

Fair enough, but he could turn out to be a decent signing. And there are way better back up CBs, but will they accept a squad player position, that'll be the question :P

imo sam.

id have fernandinho yaya thiago rodwell competing for the 3 midfields spots

nasri and silva could also play in there, as well as milner.

as rodwells fitness cannot be relied upon, id loveto have barry as a squad player/back up.

don't like garcia

sam-caddick said:

Barry is more likely with him only having a year left on his contract.

Kun Aguero said:
woahmark said:
I really hope the news is true but alas it's from AS - not the most reliable source. I really hope Thiago chooses City over United. First of all, he'd be more suited to City's style of play. Second of all, he'd fit in more, there are more Spanish speakers at City. Pellegrini is a better manager than Moyes. Finally, he'd be with Isco and Silva - his compatriots.

In my opinion, if Isco, Thiago, Cavani, (Dzeko swap deal) Fernandinho, Navas and Diego Noveratti join then it will be an amazing summer. I think that is a great selection of players and will probably be the best piece of business in the Premier League.

How do you know that until at least this time next season? don't get me wrong I wouldn't want Moyes here.

I rate Pellegrini higher, he's better in all departments if you ask me. Only department he is a bit iffy on is premier league experience and trophies (but he's done better in Europe than Moyes). However, Laudrup didn't have any experience of british football but look at what he has done this season.

But I'm biased, I don't like Moyes, he's a bit overrated in my opinion just like Martinez, but at least Martinez has won a trophy. Don't get me wrong, Moyes is a good manager, he's done well at Everton, but I think Pellegrini is a better manager - in my opinion, of course. That doesn't necessarily mean I think City will be 20 points ahead of United. I reckon it'll be close between top 4 next season.

sam-caddick said:

so like Isco says to him "come to City with me and make my chances of a regular start a bit harder"?

BringBackSwales said:
sam-caddick said:

so like Isco says to him "come to City with me and make my chances of a regular start a bit harder"?

different players mate.

isco plays further up the field. Thiago can play there , but can also play as a genuine central midfielder

stavros said:
BringBackSwales said:
sam-caddick said:

different players mate.

isco plays further up the field. Thiago can play there , but can also play as a genuine central midfielder

yeah I know, sorry, I was just being stupidly ironic

BringBackSwales said:
stavros said:
BringBackSwales said:

different players mate.

yeah I know, sorry, I was just being stupidly ironic

sorry been a long day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.